Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-19-2013, 09:54 AM   #855
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Are you kidding me? No explanation? Here's a file, flash it on your $30,000 car and just trust me... I don't even flash stuff on my phone blindly.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-19-2013, 09:58 AM   #856
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Yea, that's how many showed up last time as well. It was just a file. I did ask first but I imagine there are a few people here who don't and just flash it in. I of course don't think Vince would ever code something that could do damage but I don't like to flash my car unless I know what's in the program

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:02 AM   #857
SixCyl

Drives: 2010 Camaro CGM V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Are you kidding me? No explanation? Here's a file, flash it on your $30,000 car and just trust me... I don't even flash stuff on my phone blindly.

Lol, exactly! I've bricked my android before, no way I'm bricking my car.
El gato. Mods: Eagle eye headlights, 18" Axis Sport graphite, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax ported TB, 3/8" Vmax Black-Ice, RX single valve catch can, RX breather, Pedders inserts, Trifecta tune, BBK LTH 304 SS.

art/ärt/Noun. Definition: 5th generation Camaro.
SixCyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:43 PM   #858
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixCyl View Post
And funny you mention mods, my to do list is only about half way done but after getting an updated tune I'm so satisfied with my car that I'm going to be happy for a long time! The original tune from Trifecta made my shifting awesome but I didn't feel too much power. I also noticed my exhaust tips would blacken in a day when before they would go months and months and look clean except for the very bottom. I got a leaned out tune and OH MAN the power is ridiculous. Not to mention my MPG around the city went from 16.5 to 21.5. So at the moment I'm happy, just going to put some headlight armor on my tail lights this Saturday.
This is very interesting to me, and takes me back to this thread about the IPF tune: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280663 and more specifically one of Hapisoks posts before the discussion really took off:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...3&postcount=16

In that post he warns about the possible issues of running a lean tune.

Are you sure the tune is safe? What was your AFR originally and what AFR did you request?

I guess I'm just curious b/c this is the first time I've heard of anyone request a leaner tune from Trifecta.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:10 PM   #859
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
Looking at replacing rims and tires for a new setup. Getting rid of my RS/Pzero's. I know I either want Nitto Invo, M/T Street Comp, or Michelin Pilot SS. Should I go with a 20x9 and 20x10 setup OR a 20x10 and 20x11 rim setup?

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:23 PM   #860
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixCyl View Post
Lol, exactly! I've bricked my android before, no way I'm bricking my car.
Haha that's my biggest hobby outside of my car.

Old 03-19-2013, 02:41 PM   #861
SixCyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
This is very interesting to me, and takes me back to this thread about the IPF tune: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280663 and more specifically one of Hapisoks posts before the discussion really took off:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...3&postcount=16

In that post he warns about the possible issues of running a lean tune.

Are you sure the tune is safe? What was your AFR originally and what AFR did you request?

I guess I'm just curious b/c this is the first time I've heard of anyone request a leaner tune from Trifecta.
No worries man, that's a totally valid concern. I have a visual log on my laptop (I'm on my desktop now) so when I get a chance I'll post before and after. But my LTFT and STFT seem fine. I'm getting 21 mpg city but Melbourne is pretty suburbany and I've yet to hit the 5:00 pm rush hour traffic. I'm expecting between 19 and 20 average then, which is where I was before my tune. Haven't gotten a chance to do highway mileage either but I was at 30-ish mpg at 65 mph before the tune then at like 27 mpg after the initial tune which is rubbish at 65 mph.

So no, I don't think my tune leaned out dangerously far. I would assume Vince wouldn't have tuned it otherwise. At any rate I'll post my logs when I can. I don't know if the log visualizer contains AFR, but I'll look.
El gato. Mods: Eagle eye headlights, 18" Axis Sport graphite, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax ported TB, 3/8" Vmax Black-Ice, RX single valve catch can, RX breather, Pedders inserts, Trifecta tune, BBK LTH 304 SS.

Old 03-19-2013, 06:52 PM   #862
Botoasy

Drives: 2015 RRM 1LE
I cannot seem to catch a break, I have spring break and its been raining ever since..... I have too many car parts laying around to not have installed

2010 Camaro LS: BBK Longtube Headers with Hi Flow Cats, BBK CAI, SLP Loudmouth 1 exhaust, Magnaflow X-pipe and Resonators, Ported TB, Mace Ported IM and Spacer,Trifecta Tune, Elite Catch Can, Hotchkis front and rear sway bars. SOLD!!!

My Build Thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272765
Botoasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:12 PM   #863
SixCyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Haha that's my biggest hobby outside of my car.

A kindred spirit! what do you think of the HTC one and Galaxy S4? Personally I'm going to wait on the Google-rola X phone.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:31 PM   #864
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
I can't speak for IPF but I know Trifecta tunes on the safe side by being some-what rich. I've had a wideband in my car for well over a year (several months before I was FI) and I always ran a little more rich than what most N/A cars do.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:38 PM   #865
SixCyl

Our cars run rich to start with though right?

Old 03-19-2013, 08:20 PM   #866
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Yes
Old 03-19-2013, 08:39 PM   #867
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
i had blacked out tips with my trifecta tune as well. the AFR you see, should generally be set for 14.7:1 during cruising and only drop between 12-13's during WOT.

a rich condition is what causes the excess build up of carbon on the tips. it is from fuel that has not completed the combustion process. in conjunction with the amount of oil that the LLT consumes...good luck avoiding it. if you look, you will notice the stock camaro trashcans that hang below the bumper drain out carbon buildup through a weep hole (or something like that) which causes the black stripe on the bottom side. like was mentioned earlier, they come that way (rich/safe) from the factory.

the more you get into the peddle and go WOT, the quicker carbon will build up. not achieving complete combustion could also be an indication of timing being off, even with a richer AFR. just something to think about.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:54 PM   #868
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hapisok View Post
i had blacked out tips with my trifecta tune as well. the AFR you see, should generally be set for 14.7:1 during cruising and only drop between 12-13's during WOT.
Both pre & post supercharger my cruising AFR ranges from 13.7-14.9 and if cruise is set (steady speed) then it's mid 14's. I've heard cruising is suppose to be slightly lean, but maybe I've heard wrong?