Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 11-04-2013, 12:58 AM   #26
AdamEL
Adam E. Lucchesi

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS LS3 Victory Red
Send a message via AIM to AdamEL
Quote:
Originally Posted by S3XPanther View Post
No, sorry I should've been more specific. I meant the screws that hold the actual fender to the car. Once you pop the hood you'll be able to see them run along the top of the fender. They are body color 10mm screws. One of the best and easiest to spot indicators that a car has had front end damage repaired is to check if these screws are in pristine condition. When a fender is replaced (or the old one removed for whatever reason) these screws get scuffed up from the ratchet.

I'm bringing this up because I find it strange that the passenger side wheel well liner is missing a hole for one of the torx screw (star shaped). I understand that it is a 2010, and only God knows how many quality control blunders GM has had over the years, but just make sure to cover all your bases. After all, I think it's better to live knowing the truth rather than just being oblivious to it.

In the meantime, check out this video. It'll give you a good idea of how everything should come together.
Gotcha. Thank you for the clarity on that. Check out my photo. I'd say these screws haven't been touched since the day they were installed. No paint missing or scratches. The opposite side fender screws look the same, too.

Also, thank you for the video link. That was pretty informative, and makes me never want to take the bumper off now!
Attached Images

Old 11-04-2013, 01:01 AM   #27
AdamEL
Adam E. Lucchesi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenner View Post
I would have the dealership you bought it from Check it out before you mess with it
Yea, I'm not going to mess with it myself. I actually bought this one from a Ford dealer, and I don't trust their service department [I used to work at that dealership, actually]. I only take my SS to the Chevy dealer where I bought my other Camaro. Their service department is the best in town. Not only will they be able to fix this, I'm sure they can tell me what caused it to come loose. I'll report back tomorrow. I'm going to see if they can fit me in in the afternoon.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:18 AM   #28
AdamEL
Adam E. Lucchesi

Well, I stopped by my dealer before work this morning to have the bumper looked at. Turns out the previous owner curbed it. There are scrapes at the very bottom of the bumper. So he obviously ran up on a curb and when he pulled off, took that screw with it. It had never been repaired, so it's probably been sitting like that for years. Fortunately, they got me all fixed up. Put the bracket back together, pushed the bumper back in place and replaced the screw. Looks much better now. And the cool thing is that they did it for FREE! I didn't even buy this Camaro from them [I bought my last one from them], and there's sure nothing "warranty" about this repair. They just did it because they're awesome.

Anybody in the Memphis or surrounding area, go see Serra Chevrolet for any service needs. I can't say enough good things about them. Great service and great people.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:32 AM   #29
S3XPanther
by Odeon

Drives: '12 SS/RS A6 IOM SOLD, '13 1LE IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamEL View Post
Well, I stopped by my dealer before work this morning to have the bumper looked at. Turns out the previous owner curbed it. There are scrapes at the very bottom of the bumper. So he obviously ran up on a curb and when he pulled off, took that screw with it. It had never been repaired, so it's probably been sitting like that for years. Fortunately, they got me all fixed up. Put the bracket back together, pushed the bumper back in place and replaced the screw. Looks much better now. And the cool thing is that they did it for FREE! I didn't even buy this Camaro from them [I bought my last one from them], and there's sure nothing "warranty" about this repair. They just did it because they're awesome.

Anybody in the Memphis or surrounding area, go see Serra Chevrolet for any service needs. I can't say enough good things about them. Great service and great people.
Good deal. Glad it worked out.

"Some say it's a waste of time, others say it's an incredible waste of time."

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

2013 IOM SS/RS - 1LE. Born 5/6/2013 (1 of 32 1SS IOM 1LE's)
S3XPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:38 AM   #30
AdamEL
Adam E. Lucchesi

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3XPanther View Post
Good deal. Glad it worked out.
Thanks! And thanks for all your advice in this thread, too.