Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 05-26-2014, 11:33 AM   #1
cclayton000

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Single Click Noise While Stopping

I need some feedback about an issue before I take my 2010 2ss to dealer. Last summer, I had the dealer replace the brake pads and they had a special for ceramic pads. it really helped the brake dust build up, but it did change the braking characteristics. later in the summer, I started to get a single metallic click noise from the right front tire area. It would start up after driving 10+miles. I meant to look deeper into it, but when winter and colder weather set in, the noise stopped. Now that it has finally warmed up, the noise is back.

I pulled off the tire and noticed the retaining clip for the brake pads was at a diagonal to the caliper. Upon shifting it back and fourth, it made the exact noise. So, I tried seating the clip to be parallel with the rotor, but upon driving, the click noise came back.

Does anyone have ideas of what could be done? I looked closer at the clip and it does seem to have any slots or guides to keep it straight. I may be at the mercy of what the dealer finds at my 100k maintenance later this month.

Thanks in advance,

Chris
cclayton000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 10:27 PM   #2
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Had the same problem for a long time now. Sounds like a loose pad slapping around. Too lazy to fix it. Just waiting till I need new pads. I'm sure some brake goo on the back of the pads will fix it.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brakes, noise