Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-01-2023, 04:50 PM   #1
Sales@Phastek

Drives: 2016 1SS
Do you have an Email or Remote tune?

Hey CAM5! Have you tuned your Camaro either remotely or by email?
What year, trim, and modification do you have and what company did you get your tune from?
There are many capable devices to choose from. What device did you select and what made it an attractive option? Example, a handheld device like SCT, Diblo, EFI Live, HP Tuners. Or did you opt for an email tune?
Are you happy with how it turned out?
What are your opinions on remote tuning and what recommendations would you make to other Camaro owners wanting to do this?
Let us know!
Old 11-01-2023, 06:50 PM   #2
Infidel67
Life's just a Ride

Drives: 2011 Synergy Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Old 11-02-2023, 03:17 AM   #3
morepowerjoe

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro l99
Well I have had both, email and dyno tunes. Let me say after that I have had good success with both of them, luckily. Let me try to elaborate a little bit. On the first tune that I ever did it was by GPI being the best transmission tune and the safest tune that I ever got. It ended up being a good learning experience with hp tuners at being an email tune. It's a maf only tune though with leaves a little to be desired if you're a perfectionist like me and want to take it further with vve, torque model tuning, and transmission tuning. Which you can't expect that kind of detailed tuning from a large company because of the demand that they receive. I then stuck with hp tuners after the learning curve I received from GPI which was fantastic. But that's where an individual email tuner comes in. So, I sought to find a tuner that could do custom tunes for vve and torque model tuning. After searching through the forums at hp tuners I found a guy that was up to the task. After multiple logs he finally got me on track and got my car running completely different for the better. But, let me tell you this. After the GPI tune, I then went for a dyno tune, and it was good for setting up a max effort tune for timing and maximum amount of horsepower but not so good for idle and drivability. For that I recommend an individual tuner.
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Build Thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609817
morepowerjoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 07:40 AM   #4
hesster

Drives: '10 C5 SS, '77 Bandit T/A
I have had canned Phastek tune after headers, a Dyno Tune whan my Blower was installed, and remote tunes from a few Tuners that are on the C5 forum.

Have you tuned your Camaro either remotely or by email?
Remotely, and by Email

What year, trim, and modification do you have and what company did you get your tune from?
2010 SS with Whipple, Cam, and assorted performance items. First remote tune from a well known tuner on this site, it did nothing to fix my hot start issue, had me chasing non existent issues, and the guy gave up after a few attempts! Told me to go fix my car, and I was out a good chunk of $$.
Then engaged Ted Jannety, wow what a pro. He is more than a nice Web Site, just check out his proven build packages. Had me change some specific parts, conduct numerous datalogs, and load increasingly refined tunes until he was satisfied with the Log results.

There are many capable devices to choose from. What device did you select and what made it an attractive option? Example, a handheld device like SCT, Diblo, EFI Live, HP Tuners. Or did you opt for an email tune?
I have had a SCT, it bricked. Went to HP Tuners MPVI3, it is a much better set-up and great software. Used it to pull ECM and FSCM data, Data Log, and Load Tunes.

Elated with the results, transformed my car from a Brick to a Beast. Jannety knew exactly what to do to fix my start issue, and picked up a good chunck of HP and TQ in the process.

What are your opinions on remote tuning and what recommendations would you make to other Camaro owners wanting to do this?
There are simple "canned" remote Tunes and Tuners ("TOONERS"), some good tuners, and then outstanding PRO tuners out there. DO THE RESEARCH FIRST, as I learned. For a remote tune, esp ON A MODIFIED CAR, the tuner should ask for you to pull your ECM and FSCM data for analysis, recommend any parts mods, furnish you with their detailed Channel and Layout data acquisition items they need for analysis, have you Data Log with specific driving instructions, and furnish you with increasingly refined tunes.
Attached Images

hesster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 08:37 AM   #5
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hesster View Post
I have had canned Phastek tune after headers, a Dyno Tune whan my Blower was installed, and remote tunes from a few Tuners that are on the C5 forum.

Have you tuned your Camaro either remotely or by email?
Remotely, and by Email

2010 SS with Whipple, Cam, and assorted performance items. First remote tune from a well known tuner on this site, it did nothing to fix my hot start issue, had me chasing non existent issues, and the guy gave up after a few attempts! Told me to go fix my car, and I was out a good chunk of $$.
Then engaged Ted Jannety, wow what a pro. He is more than a nice Web Site, just check out his proven build packages. Had me change some specific parts, conduct numerous datalogs, and load increasingly refined tunes until he was satisfied with the Log results.

I have had a SCT, it bricked. Went to HP Tuners MPVI3, it is a much better set-up and great software. Used it to pull ECM and FSCM data, Data Log, and Load Tunes.

Elated with the results, transformed my car from a Brick to a Beast. Jannety knew exactly what to do to fix my start issue, and picked up a good chunck of HP and TQ in the process.

There are simple "canned" remote Tunes and Tuners ("TOONERS"), some good tuners, and then outstanding PRO tuners out there. DO THE RESEARCH FIRST, as I learned. For a remote tune, esp ON A MODIFIED CAR, the tuner should ask for you to pull your ECM and FSCM data for analysis, recommend any parts mods, furnish you with their detailed Channel and Layout data acquisition items they need for analysis, have you Data Log with specific driving instructions, and furnish you with increasingly refined tunes.
Good Morning Bill, Thank you for the Detailed review.

It is my mission to rescue cars from bad tooners and yours was a doozy!

So glad I was able to get you on a path to success and lots more power.

What a lot of people don't know is history, I was the first Calibration professional to offer a GM remote tuning option back in Jan 2010 via SCT which still works very good today.

I had been offering remote tuning for Fords and Chrysler product many years before that as well.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 08:55 AM   #6
Infidel67
Life's just a Ride

Drives: 2011 Synergy Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
So I guess it's about the fine details when driving it, not just a Beast on a Dyno.
Good to know.
Old 11-02-2023, 09:07 AM   #7
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Mine was a dyno tune both times. Header install and then the cam swap. After both tunes were done, my tuner drove the car for several runs in an area where he could "put it down" and around in traffic to "fine tune" the driveability for the trans shift points, converter lockup along with the engine calibrations. I am very happy with both tunes he has done with my Camaro.
Old 11-02-2023, 03:22 PM   #8
Sales@Phastek

Drives: 2016 1SS
Thanks for the Feedback. Thank you Ted for all that you do for the Camaro Community.
Old 02-18-2024, 09:29 AM   #9
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel67 View Post
So I guess it's about the fine details when driving it, not just a Beast on a Dyno.
Good to know.
Absolutely, The dyno is a great tool to help with the full throttle portion of the tuning process.

However it is the smallest part of the calibration process in most cases.

It takes an Eddy current dyno or lots of street driving to calibrate the VVE tables which is where all the time is spent creating a calibration.

It takes many years of experience to be able to discern mechanical from calibration problems during the process.

I love what I do, the reward is always a happy customer.

Ted.
Old 02-19-2024, 06:45 AM   #10
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Im in Long Island but I've been thinking of taking the trip to Jannetty for a dyno tune. Ive only heard good things and i know my trifecta email tune has left alot to be desired. Problem I have now is my computer is apparently locked by Trifecta and the dude that "installed" my tune no longer does it. He says he may have my stock tune on a flash drive but as far as loading it or unlocking it, im on my own.

Color matched OEM GFX / VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (absolute trash quality and customer service ) / Heritage Grille / 5% Windows / 30% Windshield tint with 5% visor strip / Tinted Exterior Lights / Streetfighter LA Spoiler / Morimoto XB LED fogs / LED sidemarkers / Airaid CAI / Hurst Short Throw / TSP LT's / No cats / No resonator / Corsa Xtreme Catback / Trifecta Tune / Factory amp replaced / 2 JL Audio 12's in the trunk / MRR 228 Wheels / BMR Springs / Moog Endlinks / R1 Concepts Rotors & Pads
Arogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 07:34 AM   #11
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arogg View Post
Im in Long Island but I've been thinking of taking the trip to Jannetty for a dyno tune. Ive only heard good things and i know my trifecta email tune has left alot to be desired. Problem I have now is my computer is apparently locked by Trifecta and the dude that "installed" my tune no longer does it. He says he may have my stock tune on a flash drive but as far as loading it or unlocking it, im on my own.
Good Morning, There is a good chance we can recover your ECM with the GM hardware and software we have.

I have not had the situation to have confirmed it will work, but certainly willing to try it.

We would flash the ECM with the latest GM files then start fresh with Hptuners.

Feel free to give us a call, we answer the phone 203-753-7223

Ted.
Old 02-19-2024, 08:32 AM   #12
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Good Morning, There is a good chance we can recover your ECM with the GM hardware and software we have.

I have not had the situation to have confirmed it will work, but certainly willing to try it.

We would flash the ECM with the latest GM files then start fresh with Hptuners.

Feel free to give us a call, we answer the phone 203-753-7223

Ted.
Thanks Ted! Yeah, im gonna give you guys a call soon to hopefully get the car squared away before my track day in April. I just gotta get my new exhaust on. Im running axle dumps bc my Borlas blew apart so I have a whole new Corsa Xtreme I need to throw on once I get a warm enough day

Color matched OEM GFX / VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (absolute trash quality and customer service ) / Heritage Grille / 5% Windows / 30% Windshield tint with 5% visor strip / Tinted Exterior Lights / Streetfighter LA Spoiler / Morimoto XB LED fogs / LED sidemarkers / Airaid CAI / Hurst Short Throw / TSP LT's / No cats / No resonator / Corsa Xtreme Catback / Trifecta Tune / Factory amp replaced / 2 JL Audio 12's in the trunk / MRR 228 Wheels / BMR Springs / Moog Endlinks / R1 Concepts Rotors & Pads
Arogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 08:58 AM   #13
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
I have a JRE email/remote tune. Minimal mods but I will say, I used another popular tuner's 'aggressive' tune first and lost a torque converter. Will never really know if it was simply a weak link failing or what. But Jannety's tune produced ALL the benefits as the 'other' tune without any fails. And that's a GOOD thing! Probably been using it 4-5 years now.
Old 02-19-2024, 08:59 AM   #14
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arogg View Post
Thanks Ted! Yeah, im gonna give you guys a call soon to hopefully get the car squared away before my track day in April. I just gotta get my new exhaust on. Im running axle dumps bc my Borlas blew apart so I have a whole new Corsa Xtreme I need to throw on once I get a warm enough day
We can install that for you if need be.

Looking forward to meeting you and getting you dialed in.

Ted.