Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-01-2015, 09:13 PM   #29
AkaiDoragon

Drives: 2003 Mazda Protege ES
I generally always prefer the RS, but not this time around. I much prefer the SS aggressive styling.
AkaiDoragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 09:34 PM   #30
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BahamaTodd View Post
I haven't seen an LT non-RS from the rear yet.

You can somewhat get an idea looking from the front of the silver LT on the right end. The silver one in the middle and the black on the end are LT/RS.

Look closer at the silver one in the middle, it does not have the RS headlights or chrome in the upper grille and it has the standard 18" LT wheels, but has the Chrome in the lower grille. From this I say they are just using what parts are available for some of these test cars.
Old 06-02-2015, 05:23 AM   #31
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
I think the SS front end with the horizontal grille slats of the LT would look best. Don't like the honeycomb SS grilles.

Oh yeah... and the Honda rear spoiler on the SS looks like crap, but so does the almost non-existent rear spoiler on the LT. Seems like GM could have done better.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 05:29 AM   #32
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
I think the SS front end with the horizontal grille slats of the LT would look best. Don't like the honeycomb SS grilles.

Oh yeah... and the Honda rear spoiler on the SS looks like crap, but so does the almost non-existent rear spoiler on the LT. Seems like GM could have done better.
SS front grill is spot on with it's material and the SS spoiler is spot on with the new design. Neither needs changed, and both look fantastic.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 07:30 AM   #33
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
Correct me if I'm wrong, the RS package for the 2016 LT's is: chrome, headlights, wheels & spoiler Have they released the standard equipment list yet? Still trying to figure out if 1LT will be like the old LT's or more like a LS. And also wondering if they are going the "Tech Package" route to increase margins for the 8" MyLink, 8" DIC, Navigation & Ambient Lighting. Thanks to anyone in the know.
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 09:40 AM   #34
Design1stCode2nd

Drives: four wheels
I really hope the off a duck spoiler option on the SS (even the lip spoiler would do), the current spoiler is pretty much the only think I hate about the SS.
Design1stCode2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 03:23 PM   #35
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
SS front grill is spot on with it's material and the SS spoiler is spot on with the new design. Neither needs changed, and both look fantastic.
Obviously, two differing opinions. I just hope there will be factory choices... or aftermarket substitutions. I can't stand raised spoilers and the honeycomb grilles look like an afterthought design.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 05:44 PM   #36
fradaj

Drives: RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassment View Post
any comparison of the spoiler and lack of spoiler on the LT/RS and the LT?

The more I see of the rear of the car the more I think it will look OK without a spoiler on the back.
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 05:52 PM   #37
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Obviously, two differing opinions. I just hope there will be factory choices... or aftermarket substitutions. I can't stand raised spoilers and the honeycomb grilles look like an afterthought design.
The SS grille was designed for maximum cooling and minimum lift, the grille was tweaked many times in the wind tunnel to get it that way, hardly an afterthought.
Old 06-02-2015, 06:32 PM   #38
motorhead

Quote:
Yep, hopefully a seat to suit most hineys. If everyone liked the same thing it would be a boring world. I normally don't like raised spoilers either, but it works for me on this new car. I've always liked the honeycomb grills and inserts. To me leave just look meaner that way

Old 06-02-2015, 06:43 PM   #39
ttesort1

Drives: 2013 2lt rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Yep, hopefully a seat to suit most hineys. If everyone liked the same thing it would be a boring world. I normally don't like raised spoilers either, but it works for me on this new car. I've always liked the honeycomb grills and inserts. To me leave just look meaner that way

I think the honeycomb grill is killer but can you imagine getting all them bugs out after a nice drive
ttesort1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 07:21 PM   #40
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
So, I've been a bit confused the last week..... Is there or is there not an RS option package for the SS? AFAIK, the SS comes standard with HIDs and LEDs all around. Which was the only reason to get the RS package on the 5th gen.

I'm starting to think the only option I'll need to pay extra for is the moonroof. I have no desire to break the bank on anything else. If I was buying a 5th gen I'd have to get the RS package too.

Starting to like this more and more
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 07:28 PM   #41
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttesort1 View Post
I think the honeycomb grill is killer but can you imagine getting all them bugs out after a nice drive
My gt500 had it. As long as it's open honeycomb bugs come off very easily. There was a part that was solid in other words not open honeycomb ,and that was a pain in the ass with bugs.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:13 AM   #42
Bassment

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
So, I've been a bit confused the last week..... Is there or is there not an RS option package for the SS? AFAIK, the SS comes standard with HIDs and LEDs all around. Which was the only reason to get the RS package on the 5th gen.

I'm starting to think the only option I'll need to pay extra for is the moonroof. I have no desire to break the bank on anything else. If I was buying a 5th gen I'd have to get the RS package too.

Starting to like this more and more
There is no RS package for the SS. Everything the RS package adds to the LT, is standard on the 1SS and 2SS.
Bassment is offline   Reply With Quote