Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 06-07-2012, 04:19 PM   #1
SSCamaro2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1ss/rs
D2 Forged Wheels

I purchased a set of wheels from them back on March 9th and still have yet to recieve them. Who out there has bought a set from them and how long did it take you to receive them? I try and call them all the time and nobody seems to anwser the phone. and it takes days for anyone to contact me back. How was your expierence?
SSCamaro2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:02 PM   #2
XCLR8

Drives: 2010 2SS
I have a set of 22" CV1s that i ordered from Jay @ Wheels Boutique. Seems like it took roughly 6 weeks? My experience was good, i wish i had the funds to order some new 20" CV3s. I hope it gets better for you, 3 months is a long wait.
XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:14 PM   #3
SSCamaro2010

well just got off the phone with derek. he finally called me back. this seems as if wherever they have the wheels made, during shipping to their place in NY they seem to get a scratch. he said 3 of the 4 are all boxed and ready to ship to me and one of them came to him with a minute blemish in the chrome and has to get it refinished. ****. they told me that 3 weeks ago. so this happend more than once??? Seems to that its all BS. this is so irritating. its summer and my car is sitting on jack stands. I already sold my stock wheels and tires. This couldnt get much worse can it?
Old 06-07-2012, 06:50 PM   #4
shootir
Ventura Co. Camaro Club

Drives: 2012 Supercharged 2SS RS
It took me 12 weeks to get mine. Started getting worried I would never see them. But they finnaly came in. I actually drove down to Los Angeles to pick them up cause they stated they shipped three different times.
2012 Black 2SS RS, Beige Interior, 615 RWHP 540 Torque, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger, LS3 Conversion, Comp Cam 228/232 @ .050 115 LSA, Kooks Long Tube Headers and High Flow Cats, GM Strut Bar, Heritage Grille, SLP Splitter, ZL1 Rockers, Sparks SS Emblems,Technostalgia Taillights, JDP Motorsports Color Changing Halo's, CAI Inc Cold Air, Aluminum Pedals, Pfadt Coil Overs, Flowmaster Super 10 Exhaust, Ported Throttle Body, GMS Slotted Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads, GMS Wires, AAC Ghosted Side Markers, 22" D2Forged CV2 Deep Concave Wheels
www.aaaparadiseplumbing.com
shootir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:26 PM   #5
SSCamaro2010

Did you order them directly from D2
Old 06-07-2012, 07:51 PM   #6
shootir
Ventura Co. Camaro Club

Drives: 2012 Supercharged 2SS RS
Yes. Well they call it D2 Autosport.
2012 Black 2SS RS, Beige Interior, 615 RWHP 540 Torque, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger, LS3 Conversion, Comp Cam 228/232 @ .050 115 LSA, Kooks Long Tube Headers and High Flow Cats, GM Strut Bar, Heritage Grille, SLP Splitter, ZL1 Rockers, Sparks SS Emblems,Technostalgia Taillights, JDP Motorsports Color Changing Halo's, CAI Inc Cold Air, Aluminum Pedals, Pfadt Coil Overs, Flowmaster Super 10 Exhaust, Ported Throttle Body, GMS Slotted Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads, GMS Wires, AAC Ghosted Side Markers, 22" D2Forged CV2 Deep Concave Wheels
www.aaaparadiseplumbing.com
shootir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:03 PM   #7
vexss2010

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSCamaro2010 View Post
well just got off the phone with derek. he finally called me back. this seems as if wherever they have the wheels made, during shipping to their place in NY they seem to get a scratch. he said 3 of the 4 are all boxed and ready to ship to me and one of them came to him with a minute blemish in the chrome and has to get it refinished. ****. they told me that 3 weeks ago. so this happend more than once??? Seems to that its all BS. this is so irritating. its summer and my car is sitting on jack stands. I already sold my stock wheels and tires. This couldnt get much worse can it?
Welcome to my world..my car was on jackstands for 3 months before I finally recieved my cv3s..waiting does suck especially when its summer and all u see is other camaros driving.by
vexss2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:17 PM   #8
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
Quite a few manufacturers go 2-3 months at this time of year (Spring, Summer) because this is peak season for the wheel manufacturers. The best time to order wheels is in the fall/winter months.

Also, I'd never recommend you guys sell the factory wheels - not until you have the replacements on your car. I've been burned too many times to count on that subject. You can't blame the wheel manufacturers for that, as they aren't responsible for what you do with the OEM wheels/tires.

Tony
Old 06-08-2012, 12:50 PM   #9
seddon

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post
Quite a few manufacturers go 2-3 months at this time of year (Spring, Summer) because this is peak season for the wheel manufacturers. The best time to order wheels is in the fall/winter months.

Also, I'd never recommend you guys sell the factory wheels - not until you have the replacements on your car. I've been burned too many times to count on that subject. You can't blame the wheel manufacturers for that, as they aren't responsible for what you do with the OEM wheels/tires.

Tony
+1 Tony

As for D2 I am on my second set from them and never a problem. This is peak season so sometimes the wait is longer. I know it's tough not to have them but trust me and any other D2 customer you will be very very satisfied in the end. Trust me these guys are quality people and always do the right thing.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:34 PM   #10
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Quote:

Tony
Might be a foolish question I'm about to ask but hey. You said the best time to buy is the fall/winters months. ZDoes that mean the prices can be adjusted a bit or the price remains the same what ever season we are in?
Old 06-08-2012, 04:39 PM   #11
SSCamaro2010

I know its peak time now, but then dont say 6-8, say 8+ or whatever, i already am saying this summer is over for me.
Old 06-09-2012, 12:55 AM   #12
1969to2010
The Man in Black

Drives: 1969 Camaro 2010 Camaro 1SS
Quote:

Tony
Lesson learned the hard way
Old 06-11-2012, 09:53 AM   #13
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIPNBY View Post
Might be a foolish question I'm about to ask but hey. You said the best time to buy is the fall/winters months. ZDoes that mean the prices can be adjusted a bit or the price remains the same what ever season we are in?
Prices do not change based on season. Just the wait time.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:25 PM   #14
fab410
@fabSSbuild on IG

Drives: 2012 Twin Turbo Super Sport
Wow bro, sorry to hear that man. Im going thru the exactly same thing with a set of after market wheels for my motorcycle. I have been waiting for 3 months and counting while my bike is sitting on blocks smh. Im already convincing myself that im going to pretty much miss the majority of this summer, if not..by the time i receive the wheels it will be in the 90's everyday smh.

AGP Twin Turbo, FAST lsxR manifold, ID850's, Squash Return Style Fuel System, ZL1 Bumper/Side Skirts/Hood/Carbon Insert, Havoc Rear Diffuser, PFADT Coilovers/Sway Bars/Adj. Tie Rods/Solid Subframe Bushings/Trailing Arms, Eboost2, SW Retro Chambered 3" Catback, R1 Concept Drilled/Slotted Rotors, 360 Forged Straight 5's, Matte Metallic Purple Wrap, Anvil Carbon Spoiler, Full AAC Lighting, etc
fab410 is offline   Reply With Quote