Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 05-05-2009, 11:01 AM   #15
codeman71
GM Employee

Drives: 2006 Pontiac G6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyCarlo View Post
Hey Codeman. Will the Camaro dig through subfolders while it's indexing songs? When I transfer music from my PS3 onto a thumb drive, it always goes into a "/Music/Artist_Album" type folder, like "/Music/Metallica_Reload." Is that going to work fine for the Camaro, or do I need to move all the mp3's from all the albums into one big folder?
Yeah it'll go through subfolders to find the files. I think there was a limit to how many folders deep it can go, but as long as you aren't burying them under 10 levels or something crazy like that it should be fine.

Check out my videos on YouTube here. Let me know if you'd like to see any other type of video.
codeman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:06 AM   #16
codeman71
GM Employee

Drives: 2006 Pontiac G6
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
What about with a Zune? When I hooked my Zune up to the Camaro it had to "index" for a minute or two. Will it have this limitation?

Oh and thanks for supporting non-iPods. The Apple haters among us appreciate it greatly.
The Zune will unfortunately have the same limitation as a USB drive. It will only be able to index that 10,000 limit, because the Zune does not store the index on its drive. So, it will go through this indexing process after we do our handshake with the device, but once the limit is reached, we won't be able to see any more songs. I know this stinks, but that's just the way Microsoft wanted to design this connection...

Yeah, I'm really glad that we are able to support the many types of devices that we can. You can pretty much plug in anything and it'll show up and work.

Check out my videos on YouTube here. Let me know if you'd like to see any other type of video.
codeman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:52 PM   #17
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
Awesome. Thanks Codeman.
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
MontyCarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:35 PM   #18
HTWLSS
Camaro Disciple

Drives: Camaro, Chevelle, Corvette...
Send a message via MSN to HTWLSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
Did you make them MP3s or WMAs (only those will work)? If you used iTunes to rip them, make sure you changed the default setting to rip to MP3 instead of AAC!
They automatically copied into wma format from what I can see. I wouldn't know what to do with iTunes, since I don't have an iPod.

I'll have to check out Maggie's Camaro #4005, now that it's delivered, to see how safe the USB port is from getting bumped by other things in the console.

http://modernclassicsauto.com
'68 Chevelle Malibu Coupe; '67 Chevelle Wagon; '99 Convertible Camaro SS #0069; '07 Z06; '06 Silverado Crew Cab 2500 4x4 dually; '14 Sonic RS Hatchback
HTWLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 02:51 AM   #19
xEzekial

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
is there a size limit on the camaro as well? 10,000 songs at 4 mb a piece is 40gb. i was told by someone you can only use up to a 16gb usb drive
Old 09-28-2010, 12:05 PM   #20
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by xEzekial View Post
is there a size limit on the camaro as well? 10,000 songs at 4 mb a piece is 40gb. i was told by someone you can only use up to a 16gb usb drive
If you have the new PDIM hardware/software you can do up to 10,000 songs, no matter the size (there are bit rate limitations though). The original only allowed up to 2500 songs so at 4MB/song, that's only 10GB, hence a 16GB drive would've been plenty.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 02:22 PM   #21
n2hcky

Drives: SW/IOM 2010 2LT, 1967 SS350, 1979
The indexing everytime you start the car and it NOT remembering to RANDOM was driving me nuts....SO
I just bought a "broken" 5th gen Ipod classic on ebay for $32.
Seller said it wouldn't play thru the headphone jack or in a docking station but I just took a chance that all the Camaro needed was the fact that it stored the files.
I was right
Works like a charm and was cheap. Playlist work fine....straight from media monkey, but winamp seems better for moving files.
Just don't buy one with the sad face error.....that means hard drive most of the time.
n2hcky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:53 AM   #22
BarsnTone

Drives: 2011 Black 2lt rs
I hooked up my Iphone, but I'm really thinking about getting a USB stick also and just leaving it in there.
BarsnTone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:20 PM   #23
Black_2SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS HotWheels Edition
I use a 4gb usb stick. It was like $10 and I just leave it in all the time. Its perfect and who cares if it gets broken off. I've had it in there a year w/ no issues so far. Mine on indexes again if I remove it, otherwise its up as soon as I turn on the car. I gotta say, its an awesome option!

Codeman71.....so cool that you worked on this interface! I was curious though, in another thread I was told that you can't take use of the "Info" button unless its on a CD source. Can you confirm that? I've love to add tag info on my mp3's on a usb drive and then be able to see that custom info.
Black_2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:53 AM   #24
airos4

Drives: 2011 2SS IBM, 2008 Victory Vision
http://www.angledcables.com/usb-20-e...gled-a-si.html

Works great, not long enough to tangle, and it makes the part plugged in to the actual usb port flush with the back of the box.
airos4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 05:37 PM   #25
SS Drifter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTWLSS View Post

An extension cable leaves even more in the console to get tangled up. What will keep something in the console from bumping against whatever is plugged into the USB port from getting hit?
You can always remove the rear cover from the console, unplug the usb cable and extend it to a new location. The console compartment is a bad place for USB ports, charge connectors, etc. I got around the problem with a small usb stick but I don't use that location at all with the new system.
SS Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 08:52 PM   #26
Rosanne Canfield

Drives: 2010 White Camaro 2SS
Pairing an MP3 to my Camaro 2SS

Hi - I am trying to use my mp3 in my 2SS but only get to Aux jack out while my mp3 shows USB connected. I have no issues with my Bluetooth iphone 6 or playing music from my iphone just connecting to the mp3. I hope you can help me figure this out.

Thanks!
Old 08-17-2015, 10:46 AM   #27
mdntmank

Drives: ADM TUNED AND BUILT
harddrives

Quote:
Originally Posted by trudawg660 View Post
camaro can only index 10,000 songs and it wont read hard drives.
yes it will read a solid state harddrive no problems at all but has to be fat 32 only.....formatted
mdntmank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 11:33 PM   #28
yzark99
I run 2 catch cans...

Drives: 2012 1LT SIM Auto
If you get one of these, you can stop worrying about it breaking off in the jack: http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Cruzer...sk+thumb+drive

I use a 16 GB with 320k bit rate mp3 files and playlists. It should hold about 900 songs at this quality level.
Attached Images

yzark99 is offline   Reply With Quote