Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-07-2011, 03:19 PM   #1051
Trnsfmr

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS Yellow/Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by chozn4service View Post
Didn't Chevy low ball the V6 Camaro initially with its 304hp rating and then came back to certify it at 312hp? Some just like to rule on the side of caution for whatever reason. I'd rather go low and produce more than come in high and and the numbers are much less than expected or anticipated. Just saying........

As the Dos Equis man would say ' Stay patient as well as staying thirsty my friends!'
Exactly! That way they dont like assholes! Like I said, even their low ball numbers are still high.
Trnsfmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 03:27 PM   #1052
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
I enjoy a good lively conversation! Just being the devils advocate on the subject matter. I can't wait to get mine but I'm patiently waiting. This is a mod week for me. One I'm getting on Monday and it goes to the body shop on the same day and back to me within two days and then the install, and pushing to have it done before Opening Day at IMS and the other is this Vararam CAI which I'm hoping like hell to see how it feels on the track. I'm thinking I should have it by Friday, install it if in fact it goes out Monday. Has anyone gotten tracking info? I know Steve told me mine would go out Friday or Monday at the latest.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:36 PM   #1053
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
companies don't care if they look like assholes. they care about making money. a company could be considered the number 1 asshole in the business, but if they are also making the most money because they make great products, they don't care...
Old 05-07-2011, 03:41 PM   #1054
Trnsfmr

Ok. You own a company with a bad reputation and come and see me in 6 months. Customer service is everything brother. Running a company doesnt stop with a good product.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:46 PM   #1055
PoorMansCamaro

i'm not saying a company wants to have bad customer service. where are you getting this from? how does customer service play in this scenario of down-playing their numbers?

can you also please give an example of a company that has down-played their product output to help their business? How many times have we asked for individual dyno's to get real-time numbers because company dyno's were always on the higher side?
Old 05-07-2011, 03:54 PM   #1056
Trnsfmr

Dude! Youre killing me! What do they feed you guys out there in Las Vegas? First, the dyno numbers are up...on this thread! Second, you need to go back and read our conversation...as 1 sided as it may be. And, dont you have an Injen already? Id be hardpressed to think youd be willing to pay another $300 for another intake.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:56 PM   #1057
Trnsfmr

...individual numbers are impossible if the intake isnt out yet.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:58 PM   #1058
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trnsfmr View Post
Dude! Youre killing me! What do they feed you guys out there in Las Vegas? First, the dyno numbers are up...on this thread! Second, you need to go back and read our conversation...as 1 sided as it may be. And, dont you have an Injen already? Id be hardpressed to think youd be willing to pay another $300 for another intake.
hey, i'm just making a comment on your comment. lol about companies down-playing their numbers. it rarely happens, if ever. They try and get the best numbers possible to advertise their product to be the best.

and yes, i do have the injen. does that mean i can't change intakes? if there is a significant difference, i can sell my injen. i know a few locals that want my intake already. So i can use that money towards this one, if it's worth it.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:58 PM   #1059
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
...individual numbers are impossible if the intake isnt out yet.
yeah, that's what i'm waiting on...
Old 05-07-2011, 07:40 PM   #1060
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
I think everyone that is complaining about Maryland taking they money should take it up with them. Cause Steve just took some of our info and won't charge us till it ships out. And I never heard of a company charge for anything before it's even out. Your card info is suppose to hold your item or spot on release/ship day then be charged. So I think the complaints are aimed at the wrong person/company right now.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:10 AM   #1061
Country

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
I think everyone that is complaining about Maryland taking they money should take it up with them. Cause Steve just took some of our info and won't charge us till it ships out. And I never heard of a company charge for anything before it's even out. Your card info is suppose to hold your item or spot on release/ship day then be charged. So I think the complaints are aimed at the wrong person/company right now.
+1
Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:02 AM   #1062
Trnsfmr

Some of us ordered from Vengeance and others ordered from Maryland Speed. Vararam has to ship the intake to either one of those places first and then those companies will ship it out to you.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:00 AM   #1063
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Some of us ordered from Vengeance and others ordered from Maryland Speed. Vararam has to ship the intake to either one of those places first and then those companies will ship it out to you.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 11:11 AM   #1064
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Last I talk to vengeance was thursday with ron, He suppose to been getting 5 from VR but as of thrusday he said he has not heard anything from VR.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote