Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 01-18-2013, 05:07 PM   #99
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
Thread worthy.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:39 PM   #100
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
New GM in J-Ville. They might not be as stupid anymore. lol
I dont think its the GM that matters, but the owner, he seems to think this is only a business and as a business it needs to be run for max payout lowest cost....why pay for top performing players when there are cheaper ones out there....I mean a Pro player is a Pro player right?just need to train the new guys up......

Jax really got screwed in that team sale....kinda proves the old adage, no matter how bad you think it is, it can always get worse......
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:14 PM   #101
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
ok, I'll join in now :(
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:23 PM   #102
3 SS's

ok then, staff is all set, QB's all set, RB's all set , TE's all set, OL's all set, DL's all set, LB's all set....hmmmm, a little work in the DB's and a big receiver, we should be good.

Gonna need to add 2013 to this

Last edited by 3 SS's; 01-21-2013 at 03:34 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:33 PM   #103
3 SS's

Now, if we could keep Gronk healthy for the post season , we might just be adding to this

Old 01-21-2013, 05:25 PM   #104
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Patriots need to get a whole lot of parts on the defense. As you can see you cant just have good enough in the defense department and depend on Brady to get more points than the other team. This has been the Patriots downfall in the post season for three years now.......And the defense you do have has zero effective depth for injuries.

Not trashing the Patriots, my team the Falcons are in the same exact boat, other than getting a fresh every down bruiser RB, still hoping they get MJD from Jax, our offense is tight enough. But we have got to get another 1 or at least a 2 in the LB department and we need to get someone who can get constant pressure up the middle, depending on Abraham to do everything is not working. So far unless we bring up our LB's the most we can do is contain.

A little better depth in the CB department would be nice, we cant go a season without losing our star CB and having our 2 and 3 injured part of the season....

Just be glad this draft looks like a Defensive smorgesboard.....
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:49 PM   #105
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
I'm looking forward to seeing what we do with the draft again this year as well.

We have the possibility of 10 picks this year. 2 of the picks are conditional on how Aaron Curry's playtime affects the trade, so I don't know yet if we get those picks.

1st - 25
2nd - 58
3rd - 89
4th - 99? (conditional on Aaron Curry's playtime with Raiders)
4th - 122
5th - 133? (conditional on Aaron Curry's playtime with Raiders)
5th - 153
6th - 186

We also get an undisclosed pick from both the Saints and Bills. Not sure what round each of those are. I expect it's a later round draft pick though for both.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:29 PM   #106
3 SS's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
Patriots need to get a whole lot of parts on the defense. As you can see you cant just have good enough in the defense department and depend on Brady to get more points than the other team. This has been the Patriots downfall in the post season for three years now.......And the defense you do have has zero effective depth for injuries.

Not trashing the Patriots, my team the Falcons are in the same exact boat, other than getting a fresh every down bruiser RB, still hoping they get MJD from Jax, our offense is tight enough. But we have got to get another 1 or at least a 2 in the LB department and we need to get someone who can get constant pressure up the middle, depending on Abraham to do everything is not working. So far unless we bring up our LB's the most we can do is contain.

A little better depth in the CB department would be nice, we cant go a season without losing our star CB and having our 2 and 3 injured part of the season....

Just be glad this draft looks like a Defensive smorgesboard.....
Actually, Pats are very young& deep in the front seven.... they'll be a force there as soon as they can get a #1 cover guy and a strong safety. Talib should have been that guy in recent weeks, just couldn't stay on the field
Old 01-21-2013, 07:40 PM   #107
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
I'm looking forward to seeing what we do with the draft again this year as well.

We have the possibility of 10 picks this year. 2 of the picks are conditional on how Aaron Curry's playtime affects the trade, so I don't know yet if we get those picks.

1st - 25
2nd - 58
3rd - 89
4th - 99? (conditional on Aaron Curry's playtime with Raiders)
4th - 122
5th - 133? (conditional on Aaron Curry's playtime with Raiders)
5th - 153
6th - 186

We also get an undisclosed pick from both the Saints and Bills. Not sure what round each of those are. I expect it's a later round draft pick though for both.
Too bad the Cowboys can't draft a new owner...
Old 01-22-2013, 09:27 AM   #108
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
You saw the key in beating the Patriots. Beat the crap out of the receivers. They got bitch slapped. They were dominated. You will see more teams do this to them. They need to come up with a new gimmick.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:40 AM   #109
3 SS's

Gimmicks been working just fine, bad game by all...from coaching staff down.
A line up with Gronkowski would be a different story, there's very few teams that can play D like that, certainly not the Colts ...and even the Ravens may have played there best Defense of the year.
They were getting away with a lot of down the field contact , plays that by most officiating crews gets called.
That's ok though...because as a Pats fan, you know it wasn't a one season chance, they will be back next year and be better.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:08 AM   #110
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
I will be looking forward to next year. Patriots getting beat again. Their best years are well behind them. The futrue of the Colts is bright. Yeah it's all good.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:25 AM   #111
3 SS's

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
I will be looking forward to next year. Patriots getting beat again. Their best years are well behind them. The futrue of the Colts is bright. Yeah it's all good.
Pretty young team with loads of talent, Brady aside...but there's a young big armed QB waiting his turn. Trust me , Pats will be contending year after year after year after year.

Last edited by 3 SS's; 01-22-2013 at 11:50 AM.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:29 AM   #112
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT

Tags
tic toc pats lose, waaaaa waaaaaa