Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-30-2013, 09:10 PM   #15
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
I was parking in the bosses park spot with my Camaro for almost two weeks. I'd leave before he would get in and get back after he went home. On the sec week he beat me in to work and was parked next to his spot. So I parked in his spot Phil says to me " Charlie I love looking at your car but I don't like seeing it in MY park spot. "I agread with him that I don't like see my car in his spot either and as soon as my truck is fixed I won't park here anymore. My Tacoma was siting next to my car that night when I got back to the shop.

Back on hands in pockets talk. My boss hates hands in pockets just as much as saying( this sucks). It's tree work at some point its going to suck. But not having a job sucks more so get back to work
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:26 AM   #16
PHXLT1

Drives: black Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTruckenbrod View Post
This is very interesting... Curious to hear what he has to say.
Same here. If I get called into the office or taken for a walk (our plant manager will take you for a walk alone when he going to chew your ass about something) I'm going to be seriouly pissed. If that "pocket" thing was that much of an issue all he had to do was tell me and it would have been done for me. Buuuuut it seems like getting me in trouble ismore appealing to him. Forget that I bust my ass of trying to do the best I can day after day.
2015 Silverado (mine!)
54 Belair (wife's)
2004 silverado (daughters)
PHXLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:34 AM   #17
376LS3
Eh, that'll happen

Drives: 2010 2SS
Sub'd!
Old 10-31-2013, 05:47 AM   #18
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
Hands in pocket is often referred to as air force gloves.. It does kinda give off that IDGAS attitude..
ssrs2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:20 AM   #19
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
Hands in pockets is a no-no in the military.

No Hands in the Pockets
Army Regulation r670-1 states, “While in uniform, personnel will not place their hands in their pockets, except momentarily to place or retrieve objects.” (3) This rule has more to do with the look of professionalism and discipline. However, it is not unheard of for some officers to allow the soldiers to place their hands in their pockets in the event of cold weather.
This was the only time I have ever encountered anything like that. Either your co-worker is one of those guy who can't seem to realize he isn't in the military anymore or he is just a d-bag.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:53 AM   #20
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2011 SS/RS manual - White
Interesting thread for such a "seemingly" mundane action..
Former '68 and '69 Z/28 Owner...........Now sporting around in a 2011 RS/SS with........Kooks LT's and cats, JRE tune, CAI, scoop, ZL1 Bumper conversion, custom ZL-1 grille, halo harness, Painted silver stripes, GM GFX, black painted lower edge of skirts and rear bumper. MGW shifter.....and now a 3.91 1LE diff
f5journal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:02 AM   #21
TripleBlkZL1

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10 & 18 2500HD Duramax
Yeah everyday... Marine Corps

2018 2500HD Duramax
TripleBlkZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:22 AM   #22
Kooks Headers

Drives: 2013 SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
Hmm, hands in pockets at work suggests you aren't working and might be slacking.
I worked with someone like that, we called him "pockets" and he was always lazy.
Hands in pockets is also a sign of disrespect as shown here...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...handshake.html
I worked a race team and we had a guy called "Pockets" too! We were always thrashing to get the car ready during the race weekends and this guy would get done with what he needed to do and instead of pitching in to help the rest of us, he would stand and watch us with his hands in his pockets. The team owner yelled at him one day in front of all of us and said he was going to tape his pockets shut if he kept it up. From then on he was known as "Pockets". He hated that name....

I do agree with everyone here, most of the time if you have your hands in your pockets you are not being productive.. Good luck OP.

Kooks Custom Headers
Call us! 866-586-KOOK (5665)
Kooks Headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:29 AM   #23
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
I'm like the OP, if it's a rule, I wouldn't mind following it, just tell me and be done with it. Don't give me some "BS" response, like 'I said so'. If it's a safety issue or something, tell me. Otherwise, you just come across like a smarta$$.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:29 AM   #24
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
I work at a manufacturing plant and we have the same rule. It's is for safety. We also have the 'you must have one hand at all times on the hand rail when going up and down the stairs' rule. I have been warned once on that one.

We are real big on safety. Every million safe work hours (roughly every two months) we give a new car away to one or our hourly employees!

Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:47 AM   #25
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_LHD3 View Post
I work at a manufacturing plant and we have the same rule. It's is for safety. We also have the 'you must have one hand at all times on the hand rail when going up and down the stairs' rule. I have been warned once on that one.

We are real big on safety. Every million safe work hours (roughly every two months) we give a new car away to one or our hourly employees!

If it's for safety, I can understand, but can you explain WHY it's for safety?

Like, how is having my hands in my pockets unsafe?

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:00 AM   #26
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2011 SS/RS manual - White
Probably because you can't instinctively defend yourself....your face with something flying at you....or a fall
Former '68 and '69 Z/28 Owner...........Now sporting around in a 2011 RS/SS with........Kooks LT's and cats, JRE tune, CAI, scoop, ZL1 Bumper conversion, custom ZL-1 grille, halo harness, Painted silver stripes, GM GFX, black painted lower edge of skirts and rear bumper. MGW shifter.....and now a 3.91 1LE diff
f5journal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:12 AM   #27
Outlaw77

Drives: 2018 Charger SRT 392 F8 Green
I can understand the military reference to this but when it comes to a work setting its different. If the employer has made a policy about not allowing hands in your pockets during work hours then the op could face a reprimand. If there is no policy, rule or standard that every employee can see and read, and have agreed to follow, then this is just a case of someone going out of their way to mess with someone for the sake of whatever their motivation is. I would speak to someone in human resources before you have this chat with the plant manager. I would find out if this was in fact a company policy, whether it be for health and safety or something else. There also has to be proper training on all H&S and company policies and procedures for all employees.

I deal with this type of stuff all the time and this type of issues always arises. Bottom line is if the employee was not trained properly on the policies, then the company is responsible for providing the training before they hand out any form of reprimand.

Good luck OP!
Outlaw77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:07 AM   #28
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
If it's for safety, I can understand, but can you explain WHY it's for safety?

Like, how is having my hands in my pockets unsafe?
As stated above it is for being able to protect yourself in case of an emergency whereas with your hands in your pockets you will have limited reaction time.

In our maintenance shops you really have to keep your head on a swivel. The guys/gals in there are most of the time in a rush to get something done quickly. On a few of our production lines downtime can cost a thousand dollars a minute or more.

Also, the cost of someone getting hurt is a lot more!

Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote