Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-31-2010, 08:34 PM   #1
BlownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Anybody else with Homelink issues?

I tried to program my camaro the other day without success! I went with the instructions......

hit the outside buttons to reset any poss codes......

took an already programmed remote and pushed its button and the homelink to learn the code.........

pushed the smart button on the garage door opener and ....Nothing. It looks like the code is accepted but the opener does not respond.......

any ideas?
2010 IOM SS/RS LS3, Hennessey HPE550 Polished Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger. 3.4 Pulley. Kooks long tube headers / high flow cats. GHL Full exhaust. ZL1 Fuel Pump/ADM FPCM. MSW Bap. JRE ZL1 Race cam with new springs/pushrods/Trunion Upgrade. FIC 850cc injectors. ZR1 Map sensor. CAI Induction. JRE Tune.
BlownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:52 PM   #2
buzzy56
buzzy56

Drives: 2ss summit white L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownSS View Post
I tried to program my camaro the other day without success! I went with the instructions......

took an already programmed remote and pushed its button and the homelink to learn the code.........

pushed the smart button on the garage door opener and ....Nothing. It looks like the code is accepted but the opener does not respond.......

any ideas?
Funny same thing happened to me.First attempt would not take.Cleared old codes still not working.Waited two or three days.Went In cleared old codes followed instructions and it worked perfectly.Faster than on my wifes Yukon which I also had trouble setting for quite a few weeks.I think you just need to keep trying to it takes.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:05 PM   #3
Moorepheus

Drives: 2013 Dodge Charge R/T Plus AWD
wow, mine worked FIRST try.
Moorepheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:28 PM   #4
Camaro21

Drives: SOLD - 2013 M6 ZL1
I have tried to program mine several times with no avail. It works fine with the gate, but not the overhead door.. I have reset them several times, tried the hold the old door opener close to the homelink button and pushing the switch on the overhead door opener itself. Still no luck
Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:38 PM   #5
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Mine's never worked either.

How do I clear the codes? Maybe I'll try that.
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:38 PM   #6
jrpimp00

Drives: '10 Black/IOM Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro21 View Post
I have tried to program mine several times with no avail. It works fine with the gate, but not the overhead door.. I have reset them several times, tried the hold the old door opener close to the homelink button and pushing the switch on the overhead door opener itself. Still no luck
Are you holding it there until the light comes on. My buddy was doing the same thing and his took almost 15 seconds, but mine only took about 5.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:20 PM   #7
buzzy56
buzzy56

Drives: 2ss summit white L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
Mine's never worked either.

How do I clear the codes? Maybe I'll try that.
The book has easy to follow instructions that are right after the initial instructions that tell you how to program.I just had to read them over twice to get clarity on how to clear old codes.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:55 PM   #8
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
same here,mine wouldn't program,after several tries,still wouldn't work.left it alone a couple of days.read my instructions again,tried it and it worked.problem was,i read the instructions,but i didn't reeeeeealy read them.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:19 PM   #9
Coop 2010
Delivered 05/20/2009

Drives: Black 2010 2SS RS
You don't need to do anything with the old remote unless the opener is old and only has one code. For the roaming code openers you just hit the learn button, go to the car and hit the homelink button.
Coop 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 05:53 PM   #10
pkauf

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red Convertible RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownSS View Post

any ideas?
I had tons of problems when I first started to program mine, but realized i was using one of the "mini" extra remotes that came with my opener. When i switched to the large, original one, programmed first time. I think the mini ones weren't transmitting strong enough or something. Make sure the remote you are using has a new battery also . . .
Old 07-10-2010, 01:10 PM   #11
lock

Drives: 11 2SS/RS E-Force Supercharged
I have a Wayne Dalton and most of those are not compatable with homelink without an added receiver. This has been driving me nuts! Its a different frequency than most openers.

lock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 01:57 PM   #12
hot_rod

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpimp00 View Post
Are you holding it there until the light comes on. My buddy was doing the same thing and his took almost 15 seconds, but mine only took about 5.

Mine worked first time but as I recalll it did take about 15 seconds.
hot_rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 05:09 PM   #13
Toasty
Custom User Title :D

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
I initially had issues with the 'learn' button on the opener and the car... the directions in the manual say to push the button on the opener, then within 30 seconds push the button in the car for 2 seconds. the 2 seconds part is the problem. you have to hold down the button in the car until the opener responds (close/open/lights blink)
Toasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:15 AM   #14
Mark Myles

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM / Silver Stripes
I had to do both parts the manual called for. 1) Hold the garage door opener near my homelink until the light flashed, then 2) go to the garage door opener itself and push the button on the back, then run to the car and hold down the homelink button til the light flashed as it said in the manual.....then it worked.

Seemed like a lot of redundant work to me...

M
Mark Myles is offline   Reply With Quote