Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 12-13-2009, 11:58 AM   #29
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Ouch, man...not cool. I hope something works out for you soon. Karma is a bad thing...and those that screwed you over will eventually get theirs in the ends...that's how I see it. I'm sorry. My brother in law has had some terrible luck with jobs. He's married with two kids and has gone through countless jobs over the past 5 years. He just landed a new job last week after being out of work for 3 or so weeks.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:51 PM   #30
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Hang in there, If you ask around here, it has happened to the best of us.
Keep your chin up and put your best foot forward, persistence and determination are omnipotent.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:53 PM   #31
gold5000000

Drives: n/a
that sucks, but they also say everything happens for a reason
gold5000000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:57 PM   #32
MadMav

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6
The answer is really simple....

sink the owners boat.

Mav
Old 12-13-2009, 01:01 PM   #33
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
OMG I am so sorry this happened to you. I have three close friends that have been laid off/fired this year. One of the guys has been with the company for 26 years and was also one of the highest paid guys. He took a job where he is making less than 1/2 of his previous income and also took a part time job @ Federal Express loading trucks. He is 54 years old and not in very good shape. The up side is he has lost about 40lbs and said he physically feels better than he has ever felt in his life.

My other buddy is selling insurance, or as he says "I'm annoying the hell out of friends and family".

I can't imagine if this happens to me. Every Friday when I see a phone number from corporate on my phone it's the first thing I think of....today is the day. It's a real shitty way to have to live.

I hope you find something quickly. Good luck.

Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 01:04 PM   #34
Kilo-9
Dog Is My Copilot

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang_Killer View Post
Sorry to hear that bro, especially during the holidays. Loyalty is a rare thing in business these days. It's better for their bottom line to keep 4 people at $9/hr working part time rather than 1 person making 30/hr with benefits. That doesn't make it fair but unfortunately that's how things have become. Keep your head up and good luck. Like the guy above said, with every door that closes another opens. Hope you and your family have a Merry X-Mas regardless of this. *Clark Griswald would*
Unfortunately, that's one of the many things wrong with our country these days. I wonder how we, as a people, have allowed things to arrive at this point. To the OP, sorry this has happened to you and your family...best of luck to you in your job search.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:27 PM   #35
RS/SSnider
getting one in feb!!!!

Drives: for fun
2 weeks before christmas? what an ass

Old 12-13-2009, 01:31 PM   #36
djm96z28

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS LS3
Boy do I know the feeling. I was laid of in February after 20 YEARS with the same company. Still can't find work. Just trying to hang in there. Of course, that put an end to getting a new Camaro for a while....
djm96z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 01:59 PM   #37
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold5000000 View Post
that sucks, but they also say everything happens for a reason
+1

So true!!!...I am so sorry for you and hope you 'land on your feet' soon...

My husband lost his job in the summer of 2008 after 21 YEARS with the same company...the good news is, he found another job and he is happier there...he would not have left on his own, even though he was miserable there for the past few years, so this turned out for the best in the long run...

Another positive, he was around for me that summer as my Dad was dying and that helped me A LOT to have him home with me dealing with all that sadness...

So, I will say a prayer for you that you will find the right job for you at the right time for you...things do happen for a reason, even if we do not know what the reason is at the time, and even if we never know, it will all work out for the best at some point...

I hope you find something that you love to do as soon as possible...in the meantime, try to take one day at a time and be grateful for the things you DO have, such as family, friends, and your health...'trust me', those things are 'priceless'...

Good luck to you...
"prima"Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 02:01 PM   #38
Rockies4

Drives: PT Cruiser 02
Okay, lets not spend time getting even or going backwards, lets spend your valuable time getting ahead.

Now, first thing is that you need to update your resume. I would suggest using a Work Skills resume format. This is a rare form of resume and can get you noticed from all the rest of the applicants.

I teach Busines classes at a community college, and I teach that format. I've gotten many a student a job (some without an interview), and I've gotten some of their parents a job too.

If they can do it, then so can you.

Next, you need to log onto Monster.com. There are tons of jobs out their, but you might need to be flexible. Look for specifics that employers are looking for, so you have those skills.

If you're lacking in some areas, get back into college and learn. Others can do it, then so can you. Just apply yourself.

Finally, as it has been mentioned, consider going into some type of business for yourself. The new big push in college is the "Entrepreneurship programs." Many colleges and universities are creating degrees and certificates in that field.

80% of the colleges graduates couldn't find a job last year.

I'm headed for San Francisco during the first week in January for training. The college is paying the $2,000 for 4 days of training and expenses. I wrote a couple of Entrepreneurship courses and will begin offering them in Spring 2011.

There are a lot of corporations pumping in money into colleges and universities for these degrees. You could go back to college and be one of the first to get a degree in Entrepreneurship. Take a look at Antoich University. We are in the process right now of creating a new degree with them. And you can save a ton of money.

Then you'll find yourself in the right place at the right time.

So forget about yesterday, and start planning for your future today... this very second.

I believe everything happens for a reason. You were probably not reaching your fulliest potential and now you got a kick in the pants. Well, now you're going to do that.

It's too bad you're not in my area, so I could help you more.

So, lets not waste another second. Sit down tomorrow and make an "Action Plan" of all the items you need to accomplish by the end of the week. Lets not waste time.

If thousands of other individuals can do this, then so can you.

Keep in touch and let us know on your progress.

Remember this thought throughout the entire process and keep reminding yourself:

"Successful people find a way."

Best wishes,
Rockies4
Rockies4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 02:20 PM   #39
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav1 View Post
Good call catter.. You've been in your comfort zone for 6 years and this change can be tough.. After Christmas its time to man up, and start finding a job thats Better and pays more. Stay positive, you'll be back on track in no time
Or like someone I know, take a 20k pay cut.
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 04:14 PM   #40
sav1

Drives: 2009 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
I am truly sorry for your loss jdanza.

I spent years climbing the corporate ladder only to find out that it was leaning against the wrong wall.

Today I am still climbing the ladder but this time I made sure I OWNED the wall!!

I am unemployable now. Been my own boss for over 7 years and love it!

SScattergunSS is right, as one door closes another opens

Good luck on your next journey!

We are all rooting for you!

Nice same with me. I got tired of making someone else rich. Now I just worry about all the abled body Welfare recipients I have to pay for.

"What Do I Feel When I Kill A Terrorist? A Little Recoil"
sav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 04:42 PM   #41
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Wow. That.. wow.

To not sound like a ass; I now feel reluctantly grateful to have left school when I did. I'm truly sorry about how things turned out man; but remember that you always have a supportive second family here at Camaro5.

Extremely stupid things may happen to you (or like me do extremely stupid things..) but at least we'll all be here for ya if you need to vent. It's one of the marvels of this new internet age; it may suck outside but for some reason, there's still a bright light of sanity left of humanity in the damndest of places.

Take care, and god bless. Come January, lets go kick the job market's ass.
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 04:52 PM   #42
jdanza

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS VR-BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMav View Post
The answer is really simple....

sink the owners boat.

Mav
LOL !

Thanks everyone for the supportive comments

Jim