Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 12-13-2009, 04:56 PM   #43
jdanza

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS VR-BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by "prima"Donna View Post
+1

So true!!!...I am so sorry for you and hope you 'land on your feet' soon...

My husband lost his job in the summer of 2008 after 21 YEARS with the same company...the good news is, he found another job and he is happier there...he would not have left on his own, even though he was miserable there for the past few years, so this turned out for the best in the long run...

Another positive, he was around for me that summer as my Dad was dying and that helped me A LOT to have him home with me dealing with all that sadness...

So, I will say a prayer for you that you will find the right job for you at the right time for you...things do happen for a reason, even if we do not know what the reason is at the time, and even if we never know, it will all work out for the best at some point...

I hope you find something that you love to do as soon as possible...in the meantime, try to take one day at a time and be grateful for the things you DO have, such as family, friends, and your health...'trust me', those things are 'priceless'...

Good luck to you...

Thanks Donna
Old 12-13-2009, 04:57 PM   #44
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdanza View Post
Thanks Donna
you are very welcome...good luck to you...
Old 12-13-2009, 05:10 PM   #45
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Thumbs up

Quote:
Friday afternoon,I'm still in shock. I guess if your the highest paid employee in a small company these days your a target. All the lower salary guys where asked to take pay cuts. Meanwhile the owner lives in a huge new home on the Intracoastal with his Big boat docked in the backyard. Greed is not good. 6 years of excellent effort and work and this is how I'm thanked 2 weeks before Christmas.
Dude, don't take it personally. I am in the same shoes as you. I've been laid off since March of this year. I too felt like yourself about the owner living in a nice huge home here and in other locations as well and nice cars, but it may not be just about greed. (The economy is not in very good shape at all.)
Good luck and keep your head up.
tones2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 05:45 PM   #46
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Quote:
LOL !

Thanks everyone for the supportive comments

Jim
"What.. that's not my hole saw!
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 06:37 PM   #47
Gibby
Z28 LS9

Drives: Traverse, Blazer, Cadillac,Fat Boy
About twelve years ago I was let go, right after I bought a new house. I was devestated at the time, but it turned out to be the best thing that ever happend to me! Now I live in a house three times the size and make six figures, and I don't work 40 hours a week.

Like everyone else is saying, "things happen for a reason". Take advantage of the this opportunity!

Don't blame your old boss. He's just protecting what he built up. He may not have that boat much longer anyway.
Gibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:01 PM   #48
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
right before Christmas, wow.
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:13 PM   #49
thejoker1232

Drives: furture 1LT synergy green camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to thejoker1232
man this is a bad year for all of us, i really feel for you man my mom was laid off last year AND STILL CAN'T FIND A JOB it's not like she hasn't been looking that's what she does the whole day it's just noone in east texas seems like they want to hire her for some reason it really pisses me off. i really feel for both of you she was at her job for a year but her previous job she was at for 10 and they jump shiped and moved to mexico. ill be praying for you man.
thejoker1232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:24 PM   #50
Orange5thGen

Drives: 2011 Convert
Send a message via Yahoo to Orange5thGen
Jim,

Please PM me. We are all family here. "Things happen for a reason". Take advantage of the opportunity and always stay positive. I know it is tough but this same thing happened to my wife years ago and we took the bull by the horns.... We started our own consulting company and it does well. My wife stays home and takes care of our son and helps others like you find positions. We also help company's find good people like yourself and I am reaching out to you send me your resume give us a chance to go over it and we can set up some time to talk this week. I had a similar situation happen to me too and I just finished my MBA last year and quit my full time job with a fortune 10 company...... I work for myself and also a small firm local to me and they love what I bring to the company. YOU have qualities no one knows yet..... Give us a try we may not be local to you, but I would at least offer up that we have over 25 yrs of experience and certified in HR Management. Let’s just say it will be our early Christmas present to you!

Semper Fi,
GHRSolutions.com
Orange5thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:26 AM   #51
wullger
Supercharged

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I know how you feel! 2.5 years for the hospital I work at, and they axe me Wednesday in the middle of finishing a project I'd been planning for the past 14 months.

Merry <expletive goes here> Christmas..

Appearance Mods:
Heritage Grille, ZL1 Replica Wheels
Performance Mods:
Flowmaster ARH Cat-Back Exhaust, ADM CAI, ADM L99-LS3 Conversion, ADM LSA Supercharger Kit, Lingenfelter GT9 Cam, Stainless Power Headers, Detroit Speed Sway Bars, ZL1 Fuel Pump

581 rwhp/535 lb/ft tq
wullger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:18 PM   #52
Betro02

Drives: Powerful
Your going to be ok bro, I also got laid off earlier this year the funny thing is that the store that I got laid off from closed down.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:53 PM   #53
redlightroxy

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS, 2006 Malibu
I'm sorry to hear this!! We'll keep you in our thoughts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
You know you're addicted to Camaro5 when you hear that song being played over the radio and immediately think of redlightroxy.
redlightroxy is offline   Reply With Quote