Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 03:38 PM   #57
Black GT
Banned

Drives: 2006 Mustang GT
So it takes a CTS-V +exhaust+lower pulley+tune at 13 psi. to beat a stock 2011 GT500?
Old 06-21-2011, 04:45 PM   #58
snakekiller

Drives: f150
definitely don't agree with iron and napper
Old 06-21-2011, 06:17 PM   #59
porcupinekiller

Drives: 2010 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napper View Post
likely cause my wife is a Ford fan......and i also drove some Cobra's in 00 and 03

Her 2011 GT500 is a rocking car......yet just a measly 7.2-7.5 psi on my maggie suspensionally done and brakein modded SS will walk her.....the V well that anpother lose to the Ford

with intake lower pulley and exhuast + a bubb canned tune eat her straight up

now i've driven her car and she has punched mine at a roll to no avqial the outcome is the same GM wins.

guess what sport fans.......the Gt500 is slower.....its has a catback....and thats it

but for the money my SS S/c spanks it.....likely the combo of tvs roots + auto + lower compresion....and the Gm 6 speed.

if the zl1 has the V's powerplant....it is built to handle the Hp your forged gt500
GOD does..

i know she( the V) has run 13 psi....with no issue..

and is a rolling beat.....a wraith...look at the avatar it looks like its foating becaue it does DEFEY physics!!!!

i''d race any stock Gt500 in either car...no matter what year and offer pink slips for the winner.
that CORAL SPRING FLORIDA BOYS. STREET TIRES ONLY HEHE lets see you hp work with that.

nough said........you stang lovers ...why not stay on your sight.

how about a 392 with a 125 plate nitorus system/........ohhhhh

i almost have it.........and i will embarrass any Gt500 that like to pull up to me on a private non public road....lol

or you could call out my 06 GTO 525 NA rw hp...with another 100wet shot......axles and harrop rear.... on bfg Drs's

i'll show you pain....

or maybe my c6 Zo6.....of course GM has an answer for everything and less expensively;

yes i'm sooooo scared of thenew Gt500 the Super Sanke can;t even beat a zo6 stock.....LOL

get a grip Ford fanboys....i use to be one of you....then i realized who is top dog.....ZL1 crushes gt600 road and track 2012
I vote for you to get the spelling and grammar award for the week.
Sorry dude. But most 8 year olds have better writing skills than you.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:28 PM   #60
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpeddler View Post
You mean it's boasts better suspension technology and no that suspension technology will not help you beat a gt500 at a street light or on the strip. Race-track, probably. I guess you could also say it boasts better tranny technology because Chevy might have an auto transmission option where-as the gt500 is purely stick. But besides that, wHere is the navigation, where are the forged internals, where is the human HAND-MADE engine, where is the glass roof option, is there going to be a convertible option for the ZL1(I honestly do not know), where is the gt500 "technology" that enables you to make over 700+ rwhp from the factory while still using every factory part except maybe the blower?

I honestly don't understand how people think the ZL1 is going to compete with the gt500. Again the gt500's have hand-made engines and cost roughly the same as the ZL1. Are you telling me that more people would rather have magnetic ride control than a hand-made engine capable of handling 800 crank Horsepower??? I mean seriously. Any car guy, man's man, car fanatic w/e you call it would much rather have a hand-made engine capable of handling gobs of power than magnetic ride control. It's a ZL1 or gt500, it's a top of the line muscle car made with power and speed. It's not your regular toyota camry or honda accord. Yeah I would want magnetic ride control on my daily driving sedan but on a top teir muscle car just give me the power so when I line up to race, it's on. And most people buying these cars have money and the majority will mod them whether it be slightly or alot. Becuase people with money have egos and they want to show those egos off and we could go on and on about this but yeah they will be modding their zl1's, ever if most say they wont.

I can see it now all the cheyv fanbois, in their girly voices, are going to be like, "I want a zl1 for my daily driver. So the magnetic ride control will be more comfortable and daily drives to work will be easier. And no, I don't plan on modding it so the zl1 beats the gt500." Then the gt500 fanbois is their deep, manly voices say, "just give me the factory hand-built engine and factory supporting components so i can slap some mods on that bad boy."

Muscle cars have always been defined by one thing, power. That's why they are called muscle cars. They aren't light, they don't handle the best but they can haul butt in a straight line. If you want some nimble, light, well-handling car I wouldn't say the ZL1 or gt500 are what you are looking for. Might want to look into an actual sports car.
Post of the week. Starts with the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Suspension won't help win races on the street or strip. A hand built motor is more technically advanced than mag ride suspension. Camry's and Accords need magnetic suspension more than performance cars. Then the idiocy continues that the ZL1 can't compete with the almighty GT500 when that was the sole purpose of building the car. You mustang guys are getting epically retarded.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:38 PM   #61
porcupinekiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5thgen View Post
Post of the week. Starts with the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Suspension won't help win races on the street or strip. A hand built motor is more technically advanced than mag ride suspension. Camry's and Accords need magnetic suspension more than performance cars. Then the idiocy continues that the ZL1 can't compete with the almighty GT500 when that was the sole purpose of building the car. You mustang guys are getting epically retarded.
No more retarded than GM using a 2011 GT500 as the bench mark to beat when the 2013 GT500 will be out at the same time as the 2012 ZL1.
I love the way both camps of idiots have each others favorite "non-existent, future cars" beating one another. Talk about epically retarded. Lol
Old 06-21-2011, 06:41 PM   #62
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
My dad is bigger than all of your dads.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:42 PM   #63
porcupinekiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8cd03gro View Post
My dad is bigger than all of your dads.
Lol.......
Old 06-21-2011, 07:01 PM   #64
ironpeddler

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5thgen View Post
I said the camaro would probably win on the race track, I don't understand where I said suspension wont win races. Live rear axle will probably win on the drag strip and at a street light. THis is what i was trying to relay? Do you understand my point? I actually said the camaro's suspension technology is greater than the mustangs. Did I Say camry's and accords needed magnetic suspension anywhere in my post? No. I just simply said I would rather have the magnetic ride in my sedan instead of in my powerful muscle car. This is exactly what I said, does your simple mind understand this? Can you read sentences?

I'm not comparing a hand built motor to magnetic ride suspension. I'm comparing a hand built motor to the LSA and comparing the magnetic ride suspension to the mustang's live rear axle, do you understand this?? Engine for engine, suspension for suspension, tranny for tranny etc etc. component for component.

I mean you did you even read my post thouroghly? It's like you were so raged at what I wrote you just made up a bunch of crap that you thought I said and responded to it. I wonder who looks like the fool now. Go back and read my post please, all the way through, and then respond.

And no, I don't think the ZL1 can compete with the gt500, it's not idiocy, it's called my opinion and most likely will be reality. This is what happens when you design a future car to compete with an already existing model. I think you have already proved who the idiot is here.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:09 PM   #65
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black GT View Post
So it takes a CTS-V +exhaust+lower pulley+tune at 13 psi. to beat a stock 2011 GT500?
bet the GT500 was also still running stock tires as well. I have a Maggie'd SS as well and yes, it is probably faster than my stock GT500 but my SS is at nearly $65k while my stock GT500 otd at $55k. I can take just $2k to it and blow by my SS. No, I am neither a Mustang fanboy nor a Camaro fanboy...this is my 1st Mustang and my 6th Camaro...but I just find annoying people talking absolute smack all the time. I want a ZL1 and will have one for sure. So they say it has been designed to crap on the GT500...well, that maybe so for the current GT500 but that is glory short lived, once again. The GT500 is a freaking moving target, how can you beat that when you are always playing behind the lead? But car nuts dont care about that crap, we just happy they can be bought and are fairly affordable.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:27 PM   #66
Sleestack

Drives: '07 SRT8 SuperBee, '09 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napper View Post

i know she( the V) has run 13 psi....with no issue..

and is a rolling beat.....a wraith...look at the avatar it looks like its foating becaue it does DEFEY physics!!!!

13 whole PSI? Amazing! Don't get sucked into the vortex caused by that massive power-plant......

Old 06-21-2011, 07:35 PM   #67
BigDan

Drives: bug
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
I have a Maggie'd SS as well and yes, it is probably faster than my stock GT500 but my SS is at nearly $65k while my stock GT500 otd at $55k. I can take just $2k to it and blow by my SS. I just find annoying people talking absolute smack all the time.

Oh, the one you've driven once since you bought your GT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
I see maybe one Shelby GT500 a month. I havent driven my Camaro past the end of my driveway in months....maybe only once since I bought the Shelby in February.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:44 PM   #68
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
Quote:
I said the camaro would probably win on the race track, I don't understand where I said suspension wont win races.

Stop.
Quote:
You mean it's boasts better suspension technology and no that suspension technology will not help you beat a gt500 at a street light or on the strip.

Quote:
Did I Say camry's and accords needed magnetic suspension anywhere in my post? No. I just simply said I would rather have the magnetic ride in my sedan instead of in my powerful muscle car. This is exactly what I said, does your simple mind understand this? Can you read sentences?

Stop again.
Quote:
It's a ZL1 or gt500, it's a top of the line muscle car made with power and speed. It's not your regular toyota camry or honda accord

See it's hard to understand what you mean in your blathering rant here.

Quote:
I'm not comparing a hand built motor to magnetic ride suspension. I'm comparing a hand built motor to the LSA and comparing the magnetic ride suspension to the mustang's live rear axle, do you understand this?? Engine for engine, suspension for suspension, tranny for tranny etc etc. component for component.

Quote:
But besides that, wHere is the navigation, where are the forged internals, where is the human HAND-MADE engine, where is the glass roof option, is there going to be a convertible option for the ZL1(I honestly do not know), where is the gt500 "technology" that enables you to make over 700+ rwhp from the factory while still using every factory part except maybe the blower?

You clearly state in your post that you think the GT500 has more technology and point to the hand built engine which has absolutely nothing to do with technology at all. Then not once in your whole post do you mention a solid axle. Understand that?? Or can you not understand yourself either??

Quote:
I mean you did you even read my post thouroghly? It's like you were so raged at what I wrote you just made up a bunch of crap that you thought I said and responded to it. I wonder who looks like the fool now. Go back and read my post please, all the way through, and then respond.

I tried, I really did but it makes as much sense as a screen door on a submarine. I'm sorry please try again because you still look like the idiot.

Quote:
And no, I don't think the ZL1 can compete with the gt500, it's not idiocy, it's called my opinion and most likely will be reality. This is what happens when you design a future car to compete with an already existing model. I think you have already proved who the idiot is here.
I agree with that statement 100%, thanks for proving my point. I'm sure GM isn't as smart as you are they think the 2011 GT500 is as good as it will get. I'm sure the ZL1 will only dominate the 2011 GT500 because that's what it was compared to at R&D.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:59 PM   #69
Inferno2SS

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcupinekiller View Post
No more retarded than GM using a 2011 GT500 as the bench mark to beat when the 2013 GT500 will be out at the same time as the 2012 ZL1.
I love the way both camps of idiots have each others favorite "non-existent, future cars" beating one another. Talk about epically retarded. Lol
You are the one being retarded by making a statement that GM is using the 2011 GT500 as a bench mark. How the heck do you know what their bench mark is? There has been NO info leaked as of yet. You really think they are so dumb that they dont understand that Ford HAS to step up to answer the butt kicking the Camaro is putting on the Mustang where it matters (to them at least), in SALES.

Why dont you wait and see what the ZL1 is ACTUALLY capable of instead of making claims that have no merit.

Closed Thread