Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 07-15-2011, 02:25 PM   #15
ironpeddler

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
I thought someone in the Zl1 section yesterday, posted from a Ford site I thought, that the 2013 gt500 would not have over 600+ hp. Then today again we get another article saying it will have over 600+.

Basically the bottom line is nobody knows. I serisouly think Ford might not bring it to 600+ hp. It is all specualtion, hopefully Ford is just focusing on the next gen mustang, whether it comes out in 2013 as a 2014 model or comes out in 2014 as a 2015 model. It's going to be freaking sweet and that's all I care about.

Funny how I see more mustang rumor articles on the camaro site than I do the Ford sites. Posted mainly by "camaro" owners or people.
ironpeddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:27 PM   #16
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpeddler View Post
I thought someone in the Zl1 section yesterday, posted from a Ford site I thought, that the 2013 gt500 would not have over 600+ hp. Then today again we get another article saying it will have over 600+.

Basically the bottom line is nobody knows. I serisouly think Ford might not bring it to 600+ hp. It is all specualtion, hopefully Ford is just focusing on the next gen mustang, whether it comes out in 2013 as a 2014 model or comes out in 2014 as a 2015 model. It's going to be freaking sweet and that's all I care about.

Funny how I see more mustang rumor articles on the camaro site than I do the Ford sites. Posted mainly by "camaro" owners or people.
It's funny a Mustang owner spends so much time paying attention to what CAMARO owners are doing...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:28 PM   #17
woodstock

Drives: 2012 Corvette Grand Sport
The weight will be a big factor in the difference between the Stang and the ZR1.
woodstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:49 PM   #18
ironpeddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
It's funny a Mustang owner spends so much time paying attention to what CAMARO owners are doing...
So, instead of commenting on the article you posted from autoblog, not a ford site i stand corrected, this is all you chose to say? Cool man.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:54 PM   #19
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
So, instead of commenting on the article you posted from autoblog, not a ford site i stand corrected, this is all you chose to say? Cool man.
I've made all the comments I feel relevent in the thread. I made my points in that intial post. You're the one, IMO, being suggestive. All I was doing was showing how influential we sometime allow rumors to daze, confuse, or get us all worked up.

Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house... Remember where you're posting

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:29 PM   #20
ironpeddler

Quote:
I've made all the comments I feel relevent in the thread. I made my points in that intial post. You're the one, IMO, being suggestive. All I was doing was showing how influential we sometime allow rumors to daze, confuse, or get us all worked up.

Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house... Remember where you're posting
Just so I understand where you are coming from...In your opinion, I was throwing stones or being suggestive when I said i thought it was funny how many articles i see here about mustang rumors? And could you tell me what I was suggesting please.

I brought up your article cause I though it tied into this thread about future mustang horsepower. I follow the ZL1 posts yes, and some other threads here. IMHO there is quite a difference between reading threads about the Zl1 and "spending so much time paying attention to what camaro owners are doing" according to you. Can you follow?

I just can't believe that you thought my post was throwing stones and you felt offended. And you were suggesting I live in a glass house? lol. Throwing stones would be like zl1 sucks gt500 dominates, maybe something even worse than that. Throwing stones IMO is not, "Funny how I see more mustang rumor articles on the camaro site than I do the Ford sites. Posted mainly by "camaro" owners or people". It's funny to me, so what.

I guess I should have left the last part out, it would be a safe assumption that the majority of posts on a camaro forum are from camaro owners or people.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:39 PM   #21
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Quote:

Rumors aren't fair game, but rumors about rumors about rumors are . It's a circular discussion until some specs are released on each car. The only things that I see that can suggest anything about the 2013 gt500 are - Ford is testing the gt500 on the 'ring, so they will most likely make SOME suspension tweaks, the intercooler is larger, and they have a bolt on kit for 650hp that is already available with a full powertrain warranty. Will these things pan out? Maybe, maybe not, but everything else is just hearsay.
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:16 AM   #22
chain777

Drives: Slow
Quote:

I think a lot of the confusion comes from the rumors of two SVT Mustangs coming out: The GT500, that will probably only receive a moderate bump in power and chassis/suspension tweaks to compete with the ZL1 in price and performance. Then the "SVT Cobra" or whatever if may be named, with a substantial jump in power and performance, and a price to match.
chain777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 04:21 PM   #23
Rock36
I just like V8s

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
Quote:

I'm guessing that is the case. The next gen Mustang is around the corner something as revolutionary as a new twin turbo design will not come out with this generation IMHO. I also suspect whatever rumors about the SVT Cobra might be referring to the next generation Mustang platform, but I'm speculating.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/07/14/f...me-with-camar/

This article says at least it will be keeping the Supercharger...and at least a 570 hp.

So still rumors.

2007 Corvette Z06: Le Mans blue, 2LZ

Rock36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 06:31 AM   #24
thePill
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
I firmly believe that there will be a 20th anniversary SVT Cobra. Whether it will be an addition to the current lineup or replacing the GT500 is confusing people. 2012 should be the model year (correction: calendar year) it comes out but it could be released in CY13 to be correct. This could also be said about the 50th anniversary Mustang, could it be released in 2013 as a MY14 or will they wait until 2014 and make it a 2014 1/2 (or just a 2015 altogether). I would assume that it will be as soon as possible due to the current sales numbers.

The ZL1 is now rumored to be over 570hp and I am assuming that the torque would remain the same as the CTS-V. This is probably be the result of the better exhaust setup and not intentional. Ford will push the GT500 to compete with the ZL1 and most likely approach the showdown with a lower price point and some improved performance. If the GT500 shows up with the FR500CJ setup with equal horsepower, the ZL1 will have it's hands full. Weight will not be in the favor of the manual ZL1 and will likely be 300lbs heavier than the GT500. I don't expect the GT500 to lose any more weight unless there is an engine or transmission swap... or finds a lighter kit or deletes some seats.

If Ford leaks info that the GT500 will not be a twin turbo they wouldn't be lying, It will be the SVT Cobra with the first direct injection Coyote (5.0 or 5.8) that will be the TT Mustang. This SVT Cobra will NOT be a ZL1 competitor but more of a GT500 competitor limited to 5100 units as the original 1993 SVT Cobra was.

Regardless, the ZL1 will be a major performer and with the automatic option, the '12 GT500 will have a hard time with it as it did with the auto CTS-V. The manuals will be a tight race, I think the '12 ZL1 will be quicker than the current '12 GT500. However, this does leave Ford the oppertunnity to come back with the '13 GT500 though, as they will be released shortly after the '12 ZL1.

Last edited by thePill; 07-26-2011 at 02:18 AM.
thePill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 06:50 AM   #25
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Competition is a great thing.
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote