Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 09-16-2013, 09:55 PM   #911
pgustavson
Stop writing "vert", ffs!

Drives: 2011 2LT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 376LS3 View Post
Im 100% with you. Most of the time, I dont give 2 shits whats going on. But theres 2 types of people I cant handle, lazy and whiners. This definitely falls in with the whiners catagory. Im like you and would typically never speak up and just piss and moan in the car on the way home, but to actually bitch and complain about losing because the oil pattern was too hard is totally unacceptable. I bet if they took all 7 they wouldnt say anything. I just started bowling at a house I grew up in, but stopped bowling there to check out a new house. I used to throw really well there, lanes usually broke pretty well. Started up a league there this year, and they changed the oil pattern to a heavier volume, and Im struggling. All my equipment is drilled very weak because I have a lot of hand, and used to bowling on dryer lanes. So tomorrow Im heading down to buy a ball with a stronger layout. Im not going to whine that its not fair that Im sucking this year because theres too much oil on the lane. I hope you win man. If not, Id quit the league and join another one. Good luck!!
Thanks

Well, this story gets better as each day passes. I got a response from the rules USBC Rules Committee that states that although they would prefer all lanes in a single session be dressed similarly, it is not required; and it is not a rules violation if it happens. Therefore, they hold that the differing lanes conditions are not grounds to void matches and re-bowl. I informed the league officers and the local association of my findings, and I told them I was prepared to file an appeal with USBC if the league did not reconsider the ruling. Needless to say, I filed the appeal this afternoon. So here's the really f-up part. Tonight, a number of teams, including mine, were scheduled to re-bowl MATCHES. A MATCH is a team vs team on the same pair of lanes. Two teams re-bowled their "match" on two separate pairs of lanes - at the same time. And...wait for it...a member of one of the teams is the League President.

Unfortunately, the ever present pessimist in me believes that the USBC will probably bounce my appeal back to the league to decide since everyone has now re-bowled. If they do, I'll just drop it despite the fact that there now exist actual grounds for protesting as teams bowled unopposed when they could/should have bowled together. Of course, I pissed-off my opponents when I warned them about fixing an erroneous score w/o checking with me first (also a protest-able offense...)

Incidentally, I sucked the big one again and didn't even shoot 500. I've been pretty solid the last couple of weeks with some decent 600 series, but tonight I just couldn't focus and keep up with the shot changes. We split 2-2 tonight, so I'm hoping that the re-bowl is declared null and void to get our point back. Can hardly wait for the shit-storm if that happens.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:55 PM   #912
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I haven't bowled in weeks over a month. My groin injury is STILL not healed. Crazy.
Old 09-17-2013, 02:36 AM   #913
376LS3
Eh, that'll happen

Drives: 2010 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgustavson View Post
Thanks

Well, this story gets better as each day passes. I got a response from the rules USBC Rules Committee that states that although they would prefer all lanes in a single session be dressed similarly, it is not required; and it is not a rules violation if it happens. Therefore, they hold that the differing lanes conditions are not grounds to void matches and re-bowl. I informed the league officers and the local association of my findings, and I told them I was prepared to file an appeal with USBC if the league did not reconsider the ruling. Needless to say, I filed the appeal this afternoon. So here's the really f-up part. Tonight, a number of teams, including mine, were scheduled to re-bowl MATCHES. A MATCH is a team vs team on the same pair of lanes. Two teams re-bowled their "match" on two separate pairs of lanes - at the same time. And...wait for it...a member of one of the teams is the League President.

Unfortunately, the ever present pessimist in me believes that the USBC will probably bounce my appeal back to the league to decide since everyone has now re-bowled. If they do, I'll just drop it despite the fact that there now exist actual grounds for protesting as teams bowled unopposed when they could/should have bowled together. Of course, I pissed-off my opponents when I warned them about fixing an erroneous score w/o checking with me first (also a protest-able offense...)

Incidentally, I sucked the big one again and didn't even shoot 500. I've been pretty solid the last couple of weeks with some decent 600 series, but tonight I just couldn't focus and keep up with the shot changes. We split 2-2 tonight, so I'm hoping that the re-bowl is declared null and void to get our point back. Can hardly wait for the shit-storm if that happens.
Thats crap dude, Im sorry. I hope the USBC pulls its weight and does the right thing and over rules the league. Dont feel bad about the 500. Lol! My average coming into this year is 214, and I shot 483 the first week. I actually jammed my finger because I was trying so hard to get the ball to move! Then last week it wasnt fully healed so I just gimped it down the lane. I think I shot around 540. Still incredibly weak. Waking up tomorrow and heading to the proshop to get a ball. Hoping tomorrow night I can redeem myself! Haha! Let us know what comes of all this chaos!
Old 09-18-2013, 03:07 AM   #914
376LS3
Eh, that'll happen

Went and bought a RotoGrip Totally Defiant today and I love it! Ball has great angle entry. Was standing on 30 throwing to 4, and it was coming back hard with no issue in heavy oil. Shot 622. Still not average, but a hell of a lot closer! Lol!
Old 09-18-2013, 04:06 AM   #915
PonyKiller74

Drives: 2012 Triple Black ZL1 M6
Send a message via AIM to PonyKiller74 Send a message via Yahoo to PonyKiller74
I have been a heavy bowler for years until I came down here to Texas, now I'm just a sub Used to be on 3 leagues a week. Wednesday, Friday nights and Sunday mornings. Always kept around a 210 average. As far as my equipment, I used to stick with all Storm products until I started throwing DV8 stuff. My go-to balls right now are the Brutal Nightmare and just picked up the Endless Nightmare. that ball is sick. I throw high-rev skid-flip ish. usually around 18mph or so. I am forever plagued as I do not have a 300 yet. I have everything you can get in the 290s multiple times.... Lovely 10pins and whatever else.
CenterForce DYAD Dual Disc Clutch, JDP stage 2 Clutch Reservoir, Rotofab CF CAI with Big Gulp and WW Reservoir Relocate, Stainess Works LT Headers and Retro Cat-Back with Cat Delete, MGW ST Shifter with custom Knob, CF Tail light Bezels, more to come...
Build Thread for my Z is in the works.....
PonyKiller74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:22 PM   #916
376LS3
Eh, that'll happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyKiller74 View Post
I have been a heavy bowler for years until I came down here to Texas, now I'm just a sub Used to be on 3 leagues a week. Wednesday, Friday nights and Sunday mornings. Always kept around a 210 average. As far as my equipment, I used to stick with all Storm products until I started throwing DV8 stuff. My go-to balls right now are the Brutal Nightmare and just picked up the Endless Nightmare. that ball is sick. I throw high-rev skid-flip ish. usually around 18mph or so. I am forever plagued as I do not have a 300 yet. I have everything you can get in the 290s multiple times.... Lovely 10pins and whatever else.
Im stuck at 299 myself. Best ball I threw all night, left a solid 9 pin. I havent tried the DV8 balls because Ive never really had much success with Brunswick balls. They seem very inconsistent. Maybe they have changed in the 8 years since I last threw one. I know its a very small list of pros that still throw Brunswick. Storm/Roto Grip has been owning the tour the last couple years.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:47 PM   #917
pgustavson

I'm using a reasonably worn out XXX Factor most of the time right now. I bought a friend's Hammer Hot Sauce a early last year, but the damn thing hooks too early, and I usually have to bag it before the first game is over. The XXX doesn't have the back-end pop anymore, but it revs up easily for me as I don't put a lot of hand in it. When that's too much for the condition I drop to an Ebonite Bash. The most potent combination I ever had was an Ebonite Total NV and a V2 Dry. I cashed in a bunch of brackets at the USBC Open with them. The V2 cover split when I shipped it to Vegas, and the Total NV just flat out stopped carrying at my regular house. I should tell you that I only bowl once a week now and have stopped tournament bowling, so I'll probably never see a 200+ avg again. I only achieved that once anyway. I had to take a year off recently when I was unemployed, and I can't seem to get my game together consistently. I'm very streaky...
Old 09-24-2013, 03:11 PM   #918
pgustavson

Sometimes whiners don't get their way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 376LS3 View Post
Thats crap dude, Im sorry. I hope the USBC pulls its weight and does the right thing and over rules the league. Dont feel bad about the 500. Lol! My average coming into this year is 214, and I shot 483 the first week. I actually jammed my finger because I was trying so hard to get the ball to move! Then last week it wasnt fully healed so I just gimped it down the lane. I think I shot around 540. Still incredibly weak. Waking up tomorrow and heading to the proshop to get a ball. Hoping tomorrow night I can redeem myself! Haha! Let us know what comes of all this chaos!
From the USBC Rules Committee:

"In order to declare games null and void there must be a rule infraction. Dressing lanes differently is not preferred, but is not a rule infraction."

They reversed the decision of my league's BOD to void the ten matches and re-bowl. So the original match results stand and the re-bowled matches are null and void.

The system works. In this case, trumps .
Old 09-24-2013, 03:44 PM   #919
376LS3
Eh, that'll happen

Thats awesome man! Congrats on the win! Bout time the rules were followed instead of just "trying to make everyone happy." Nice to see the right thing was done.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:23 PM   #920
bee sting

Drives: 1997 30th Ann. Z28 & 2010 2LT RS
Well shot 637 tonight but lost all 7 points . That sucked as a team .. Used the new DV8 ball I won at the State event this year . Worked pretty good .
Old 09-25-2013, 02:17 AM   #921
376LS3
Eh, that'll happen

Shot 642 tonight, took 5. Missed a couple stupid shots. Not sure if those piss me off more when Im bowling good, or bad? Lol!!
Old 09-26-2013, 09:28 PM   #922
pgustavson

643 for me tonight. Three, count'em three, ringing 8-pins. Absolutely drilled the hole and the 8 was never touched. Oh well - we won all our points and I made a few bucks in pot games. A good night overall...
Old 09-27-2013, 04:06 AM   #923
bee sting

Drives: 1997 30th Ann. Z28 & 2010 2LT RS
Well we won all 7 points this this and I shot 677 ! We either win them all on lose them all it seems lol
Old 09-30-2013, 08:07 PM   #924
CrzyGamr2
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
Shot 212, 288, 255 for a 755 series. New personal best for game and series. But we only took 3 points. The other team had a 760 and 750 on their team.