Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Old 12-06-2013, 09:58 PM   #1
LuckyZL-1
Ragtop Rocket!!!

Drives: Black on Black Convertible
Question How about some input from you track guys.

I'm gonna start tracking my car this coming year and am fixing to start prepping it. Full roll cage is going in for sure and am going to order a set of wheels and race tires. Are you guys running factory size wheels or are you changing it up for any reason? Also tires gonna use them for track only. What brand/size? Anything else you can think of that could be helpful? Thanks in advance.
ADM custom cam, LPE stage 2 heads with dual valve springs, LS-3 ported throttle body, LPE 2 piece pulley, LPE overdrive balancer, 10% overdrive pulley, ported supercharger inlet, ADM race intake system, stainless works 1-7/8 headers, Injector Dynamics injectors, ADM heat exchanger, ADM dual fuel pump system, ADM exhaust switch, ADM 3 tunes tuning package.
744rwhp 727rwtq
LuckyZL-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:44 PM   #2
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
If you are going to purchase a set of dedicated track tires and rims you might as well get the very best track tire you can get. I think Hoosier r6 tires are about the best currently available for our car. (by the way, they are DOT so you can legally mount them and drive them to the track if you want) The Hoosier only comes in 19" rim sizes or smaller so buy a set of 19" rims. You can run 295 in the front and a 315 in the back. Depending on who you purchase the tires from they are available in 30, 35, and 40 height ratios. I have been using 30 because it make the car 1" lower when running on the race track. Not a bad thing if you ask me. I may go back up to 40's just so I can get more speed and use these tires in the texas mile. If I wasn't thinking about the mile again I would stick with 30's or 35's. I would run a 10" wide rim in the front and 11" in the back, just ask them what the lightest rim they have is in that size with proper offset for Camaro. The ones I got were light TSW units and only came raw alluminum, I had them powder coated black. My rim recommendations are for the narrowest rim approved for the tire. Less metal equals less weight. And incidentally a tire with a 30 sidewall aspect weighs about 4 lbs less than the 40. These cars take it up another notch if you put race rubber under them. Maybe we can meet somewhere after you get it going!

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 09:04 PM   #3
LuckyZL-1
Ragtop Rocket!!!

Drives: Black on Black Convertible
That's exactly the input I was looking for. Thanks Jess. I'll be looking forward to seeing you sooner or later. I'm waiting on Andy to round up some parts for me and I'll be taking the car to him. Thanks again!
ADM custom cam, LPE stage 2 heads with dual valve springs, LS-3 ported throttle body, LPE 2 piece pulley, LPE overdrive balancer, 10% overdrive pulley, ported supercharger inlet, ADM race intake system, stainless works 1-7/8 headers, Injector Dynamics injectors, ADM heat exchanger, ADM dual fuel pump system, ADM exhaust switch, ADM 3 tunes tuning package.
744rwhp 727rwtq
LuckyZL-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 04:35 PM   #4
yellow69z28rs

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Convertible Black
Send a message via AIM to yellow69z28rs
Check out them two fellas signatures...
I would like to be there for that meeting!
You boys need to make sure to hook up at Camaro 5 Fest.

Rag Top Rob
yellow69z28rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:55 PM   #5
tw78911sc

Drives: 14 1SS Camaro 1LE, NPP, Recaros
check out this build, it is a 1LE, but shared wheels and it is dialed :

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=324871
tw78911sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:08 PM   #6
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw78911sc View Post
check out this build, it is a 1LE, but shared wheels and it is dialed :

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=324871

He is running 18" wheels and 315 width tires all the way around. He had to do some grinding on the front shock strut to make it fit. I'll stay on 19's as I have mag ride and think we have less clearance than the 1LE. You could offset the tires out more for clearance and let them hang even farther out of the fender, (his are hanging out already). His overall tire height is another 1/2 inch shorter than what I run. He has got that car right down on the track and the tires are short enough that the suspension can travel with the fender lip right over the tire. Seems to be working. He is running nitto's though. I think the hoosiers are better.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:42 AM   #7
mylftft

Drives: 2013 TT ZL1
Hey Lucky, talk to Andy & find out who he had build my cage, I still have my complete interior & the cage flows seamlessly with the car, beautiful welds & the side bars remove for street use. The 3 of us need to get together at Camarofest for sure, we need to get Trackman down there also, have a little ADM get together & I can show you guys who is fastest! I mean find out who is fastest!