Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 06-16-2011, 03:11 PM   #1
who me

Drives: 2011 VR LS Auto
Thinking About Adding A Vert....

Ever since my wife got her VR LS a couple of months ago, I've been thinking about getting a vert once my son starts driving in a couple of months. I figure I can give him my car and get something new for myself. I love the camaro design and having two wouldn't bother me at all. Adding a vert would change make a noticeable difference between the two, but I've never had a vert and really don't know the pros and cons. So if you vert owners wouldn't mind listing a few pros and cons I'd really appreciate it.
who me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:03 PM   #2
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Pros: Everything

Cons: Putting too many miles on it.

I guess I've been lucky. Other than the rub marks on the side of the top, I've had no problems with mine. I can't wait to get in it every day. It's not a practicle family car, but my kids are moved out, and I have other vehicles for those jobs.

I recommend looking at the changes planned for the 2012 model before you decide to buy. For some folks, those changes make the decision for them.

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:12 PM   #3
matrixreloaded

Drives: 2ss summit white vert and love it
Pros: Everything

Cons: Sun Burns
matrixreloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:18 PM   #4
ambientweather

Drives: 2011 Convertible 2SS
Pros: Your son will get more dates. Lifting the top is freedom!

Cons: I was 16 years old once and got a 75 Camaro. Be careful. I made some dumb decisions.

Serious, I waited for the vert and it was a very good decision. It's 110 degF here in Phoenix today. I STILL drive with the top down. Today my IPhone overheated but my vert is just plain hot.
ambientweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:26 PM   #5
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
I see you are also in the DFW too. Pro is having an awesome car. Con is the 100+ days, make sure you wear plenty of sunblock, I stepped up to just wearing a long sleeve shirt. Another con is that you and your wife will fight over who drives the vert, the coupe will now feel like a consolation prize.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:03 PM   #6
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Pros: You want to drive it all the time. Sounds incredible - V8 rumble! And maybe V6 too, I don't have one so don't know. But they sound great at idle! Brembo brake squeek on light application but I'm ok with it 'cause it's "supposed" to be there. Other pros - looks, looks, looks!

Open air! SS trim and RS options if you dare! Mods as much as you want to! NH Seacoast here near Portsmouth where I just turned 200 miles an hour ago. Only had it up to 3k RPM and 65Mph so far for break-in, but still -just plain FUN!!! Even then, "letting loose" between 2k and 3k RPM Cathy really wants to run!!! Can't imagine what 5k or 6k is like!

[edit] As the RPMs build, in the sound and rumble I can feel the soul infused into her by the MOST AWESOME Camaro design/mgmt team and Oshawa builders - with their rock music playing during her build on Mon. 5/9 at 6:58pm +/-!! Having worked in automotive many years ago with some great GM people, this means so much to me - really miss them!! .

Con's: You'll pay extra for the V8 sound, .25 per gallon or so for premium - but my Catharine is so worth it. Speeding tickets if you're not careful. Nose sits far out so you have to be REEEAAL careful parking whether or not you have GFX. You have to watch out for rain - no OnStar to automatically raise your top when rain is near - at least not yet, though I've suggested it to them. You also may become obsessed and notice every scratch, ding, and want to cure them right away. Also it's like Chinese food - after driving it an hour later you want more!!! Fortunately my wife understands and is ok with my "other woman."

[edit] Oh, and no "trunk monkey" option. So when you leave your baby, you have to hope for the best regarding other people messing with her.

Last edited by OrangeVert; 06-16-2011 at 08:22 PM.
OrangeVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:48 PM   #7
Ana2011Camaro
Ana2011ToplessCamaro

Drives: 2011 Chevy Convertible Camaro
PROS:EVERYTHING! I love the wind blowing my hair! Feeling the warm sun!! You just feel open to the world!

CONS: Not being able to drive it with top down when it rains or snows!!

My favorite kind of car is a convertible! I went for 7 years without one and was tortured everytime I saw one! AND THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN!
Ana2011Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:40 PM   #8
EM1/SS

Drives: 11 2SS/RS M6 vert
I love mine. I'm glad I waited and didn't buy one when the coups first came out.