Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

View Poll Results: Do you want a more powerful version of the Camaro(Z28)?
Yes 836 76.07%
No 263 23.93%
Voters: 1099. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-29-2008, 03:13 PM   #379
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCZJEFF View Post
I want a 550 HP super charged car more tahan anyone on this forum but the 100% truth is it is dead!!!
Do you want a real Z28 or a blown 550hp car? You do realize that the Z's were more track cars with smaller engines, and better suspensions while the SS's had the bigger engine, right?

I think you just want the power, and could care less about the moniker.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:13 PM   #380
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
The final word on this is in my signature!
^The point doesn't seem to be getting across, does it.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 03:24 PM   #381
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Do you want a real Z28 or a blown 550hp car? You do realize that the Z's were more track cars with smaller engines, and better suspensions while the SS's had the bigger engine, right?

I think you just want the power, and could care less about the moniker.
amen. . .
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 03:56 PM   #382
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I'm one who wants the power, and doesn't care too much about the name. I seriously don't think it's possible to trim enough weight to make it a good tribute to the original, so I think it's going to be easier to add power. I'd like to keep many of the aminities that look like comes on the SS, and I just don't think the market will support a limited production, limited content car. I don't see how GM would make money on a car that comes with less...

Supercharge it, add bigger brakes, beefier powertrain and chassis, and call it good. That's my 0.02.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 04:00 PM   #383
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
I'm one who wants the power, and doesn't care too much about the name. I seriously don't think it's possible to trim enough weight to make it a good tribute to the original, so I think it's going to be easier to add power. I'd like to keep many of the aminities that look like comes on the SS, and I just don't think the market will support a limited production, limited content car. I don't see how GM would make money on a car that comes with less...

Supercharge it, add bigger brakes, beefier powertrain and chassis, and call it good. That's my 0.02.
they could trim weight with carbon fiber, add maybe 30 more hp and a race prepped suspension. unlike the ss which has a sport tuned suspension. either way that would make for one stout z28.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:03 PM   #384
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:

surprise surprise....

+1
Old 07-29-2008, 05:31 PM   #385
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
they could trim weight with carbon fiber, add maybe 30 more hp and a race prepped suspension. unlike the ss which has a sport tuned suspension. either way that would make for one stout z28.
I can totally understand where you're coming from, but who's going to pay for all that carbon fiber? Have you read the clearcoat for the exposed carbon fiber on the ZR1 costs like $60K a gallon and there's another additive that's like $2K a quart or something so the carbon fiber doesn't break down from UV light? I don't want to pay $50K+ for a Super Camaro and I think adding power will just be easier.

Like you said, either way will work

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 07-29-2008, 05:32 PM   #386
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
surprise surprise....

+1
What happened to a Z28 campaign thread anyways?... I'll have to check into that.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 07-29-2008, 05:43 PM   #387
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Quote:
I can totally understand where you're coming from, but who's going to pay for all that carbon fiber? Have you read the clearcoat for the exposed carbon fiber on the ZR1 costs like $60K a gallon and there's another additive that's like $2K a quart or something so the carbon fiber doesn't break down from UV light? I don't want to pay $50K+ for a Super Camaro and I think adding power will just be easier.

Like you said, either way will work
the only reason it costs that much for painting it is because they are leaving it exposed. I don't want my carbon fiber exposed I want it painted. lol.

but I do believe that a lot of people will be disappointed if the z28 doesn't have 500+ hp. and honestly i would be slightly but would be completely happy with a race tuned suspension and 50 more hp.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:44 PM   #388
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
^The point doesn't seem to be getting across, does it.
Haha! No it isn't.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:58 PM   #389
SAE05
inconspicuous observer

Drives: 05 GTO
Badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 View Post
Hey dude I have an SS, come check it out. SS What?

Hey dude I have a Z28, come check it out. Bad ass let me see it!
Ed-zackery, I'll put some retro Z/28 badges on it. Badges? did someone say badges? A more contemporary badge would be fitting but this will do.
Attached Images

Last edited by SAE05; 07-29-2008 at 06:12 PM.
SAE05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:24 AM   #390
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
What happened to a Z28 campaign thread anyways?... I'll have to check into that.
Merged? I haven't looked through this to see. Maybe the evil shunt captors deleted it as part of a conspiracy to hide the truth of the 5th Gen Z28.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:35 AM   #391
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Merged? I haven't looked through this to see. Maybe the evil shunt captors deleted it as part of a conspiracy to hide the truth of the 5th Gen Z28.

Yeah, I know mine was merged with yours, but I don't know if yours ended up getting merged into this one (I think it has because of how high the post count is.)

Maybe we could persuade a Mod' to start another thread strickly dedicated to our ideas of demonstrating our support and humble suggestions of what we think a Z28 (or other moniker) should be.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 07-30-2008, 09:44 AM   #392
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Quote:

Yeah, I know mine was merged with yours, but I don't know if yours ended up getting merged into this one (I think it has because of how high the post count is.)

Maybe we could persuade a Mod' to start another thread strickly dedicated to our ideas of demonstrating our support and humble suggestions of what we think a Z28 (or other moniker) should be.
already tried because of all the new threads that had been started. they saidif it continues the y were probably going to have a locked sticky stating it wasn't dead and quoting fbodfather.