Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-11-2009, 04:08 PM   #197
Abygale

Drives: .
This event sounds like so much fun. I hate that I won't be able to be there for it :(
Abygale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 04:11 PM   #198
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Here is the hotel info - ask to speak to Amanda Hannah and state you are with Camaro5:

10-19 rooms confirmed $ 115.00 CDN/room/night

Holiday Inn Oshawa Whitby Conference Centre
Phone: (905) 576-5101 ext. 6649
Fax: (905) 576-3296

www.hioshawa.ca

I will be arriving late on Thursday October 1st. All participants should arrive no later than noon on Friday October 3rd and count on staying over that night. I am currently negotiating Camaro5 exclusive parking which will include overnight security.

I wish I can give you all the entire agenda but I am still waiting on phone calls to confirm a few things.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:25 PM   #199
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
No way I can get a passport.....and swimming under water is NOT an option...
We can fit you in my trunk...
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:43 PM   #200
jnewberr2ssrs

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS
Hylton, I'd like to leave a message for the employees if I can...

Dear Oshawa plant employees,

I'd like to sincerely thank you for the hard work you do every single day in building these Camaros. I cannot even begin to describe how I felt when I first saw my Black 2SS RS. To make it even better, the first time I sat in her and drove her made me feel like I was in a dream.

In all, I had to wait about three months to get my car. At first I thought that was a long time and that I would go crazy waiting for her to come in. But now that I have her, I can see why some people have waited up to a year for theirs to come in. I can now say that if I had had to wait even longer for her to come in, in the end it would have been well worth the wait. This car is truly special and for that I sincerely want to thank you for the amazing job you have done and continue to do every single day for future owners just like me.

This car is a thousand times better than anything I could have ever hoped for, so I want to thank you for being a part of that.

Enjoy the meet and greet with Camaro5 members - I really wish I could have come!

Thanks again - I love my Camaro!

Sincerely,

Justin Scott Newberry (Albuquerque, New Mexico...Black 2SS RS 6M Camaro #33,982)
Old 09-11-2009, 07:45 PM   #201
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
We can fit you in my trunk...
Shunt Jr ?
Old 09-11-2009, 08:42 PM   #202
CanadianCamaro

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM - A.K.A. DA ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnewberr2ssrs View Post
Hylton, I'd like to leave a message for the employees if I can...

Dear Oshawa plant employees,

I'd like to sincerely thank you for the hard work you do every single day in building these Camaros. I cannot even begin to describe how I felt when I first saw my Black 2SS RS. To make it even better, the first time I sat in her and drove her made me feel like I was in a dream.

In all, I had to wait about three months to get my car. At first I thought that was a long time and that I would go crazy waiting for her to come in. But now that I have her, I can see why some people have waited up to a year for theirs to come in. I can now say that if I had had to wait even longer for her to come in, in the end it would have been well worth the wait. This car is truly special and for that I sincerely want to thank you for the amazing job you have done and continue to do every single day for future owners just like me.

This car is a thousand times better than anything I could have ever hoped for, so I want to thank you for being a part of that.

Enjoy the meet and greet with Camaro5 members - I really wish I could have come!

Thanks again - I love my Camaro!

Sincerely,

Justin Scott Newberry (Albuquerque, New Mexico...Black 2SS RS 6M Camaro #33,982)
Write it down in a letter and send it to Hyton for printing and inclusion in the letters book to the plant employees he's putting together.

"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
CanadianCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:01 PM   #203
jnewberr2ssrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCamaro View Post
Write it down in a letter and send it to Hyton for printing and inclusion in the letters book to the plant employees he's putting together.
Here's the thing...I'm currently out of the country (in Mexico) on a semester exchange and I know for a fact that the mail isn't too reliable down here (I've heard stories of Christmas greeting cards arriving in June haha) and I don't know if it'll reach him in time or at all...(The out of the country thing affected me once before in the fact that I've only gotten to drive my Camaro for one weekend and then I had to park it for 5 months!!! =/ but it was a very good weekend with my car)

Hylton, what should I do? I can definitely try the mail system and see if it works

Thanks for all your help guys! I'd really like to get a thank you message to the Oshawa guys and gals because they really have done an awesome job!
Old 09-12-2009, 07:57 AM   #204
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnewberr2ssrs View Post
Here's the thing...I'm currently out of the country (in Mexico) on a semester exchange and I know for a fact that the mail isn't too reliable down here (I've heard stories of Christmas greeting cards arriving in June haha) and I don't know if it'll reach him in time or at all...(The out of the country thing affected me once before in the fact that I've only gotten to drive my Camaro for one weekend and then I had to park it for 5 months!!! =/ but it was a very good weekend with my car)

Hylton, what should I do? I can definitely try the mail system and see if it works

Thanks for all your help guys! I'd really like to get a thank you message to the Oshawa guys and gals because they really have done an awesome job!
Just email it to me at hyltonj@aol.com.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:02 PM   #205
jnewberr2ssrs

Ok I just sent it.

Thanks a lot Hylton!
Old 09-12-2009, 01:07 PM   #206
LSP2010
IM A GURL

Drives: 2010/2SS
Thanks again
3100, Order available to sequence- n/a
3300, Order sch. for production--- 21may09
3400, Order broadcast------------ 28may09
3800, Order produced ------------ 2jun09(2G1FT1EW8A9114199)
4000, Available to ship
4200, Shipped--------------------9june09

ITS HERE 18JUNE09
LSP2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 03:53 PM   #207
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
*********UPDATED*********

I am pleased to announce that Camaro5 will be hosting a meet and greet with Oshawa Camaro Assembly workers on October 2nd (Friday). It is a way for Camaro owners and Camaro5 members to say "thanks" to the brothers and sisters who spend their days putting our beloved cars together.

Here is the hotel info - ask to speak to Amanda Hannah and state you are with Camaro5:

10-19 rooms confirmed $ 115.00 CDN/room/night

Holiday Inn Oshawa Whitby Conference Centre
Phone: (905) 576-5101 ext. 6649
Fax: (905) 576-3296

www.hioshawa.ca

I will be arriving late on Thursday October 1st. All participants should arrive no later than noon on Friday October 2nd and count on staying over that night. I am currently negotiating Camaro5 exclusive parking which will include overnight security.

Final details of the 2 day activity will be posted this upcoming Tuesday but for now, I can say we will all be leaving from the hotel as a large 2010 Camaro caravan to the venue (awaiting confirmation). At the venue, finger foods will be served and a plaque presentation will be made to CAW Local 222 from Camaro5.

Following the presentation and speeches, we will all be moving to the parking lot where Camaro5 members will have the opportunity to have their cars, books, posters or whatever signed by those who built it.

After the meet and greet event has finished, Camaro5 members will then return to the hotel where we will have our own Camaro5/beer tasting/get to know each other party.

On Saturday, we will all be going to the Canadian Automotive Museum to see some of the contributions Oshawa has made to GM's growth over the many, many decades.

Finally, we will all have lunch together at a local restaurant before saying our good-byes.

This will be your opportunity to meet Super60, 80Zedder, The Mole and a few other notables here on Camaro5. We estimate we will be feeding about 200-250 plant employees as well as anyone who will be attending. Financial contributions will be greatly appreciated. Those who would like to make a financial contribution can Paypal me at HyltonJ@aol.com.

In addition, I am asking all those who are happy with their cars to spend a moment and write a letter to the plant workers expressing how this car has brought you joy and happiness. Perhaps you would like to share some stories about the car. I will be collecting all these messages and creating binders for all plant employees as a keepsake of the occasion. All financial contributors will also be identified in the the binders to be presented to plant employees. Send your letters to HyltonJ@aol.com.

I would like at the MINIMUM to have at least one car of every color attend this event. Many of the plant workers never get to see the final product (believe it or not). They certainly do not see the cars with stripes or GFX on them so I need a show of hands of Camaro5 members who are willing to attend. Please identify your cars color if you plan on bringing it.

So please post if you are attending, if you would like to make a financial contribution, if you are going to write a letter to the employees or a combination of all 3!

I know this is a weekday but I hope to see as many of you as possible come out and say thanks to the men and women who have had a hell of a year and despite all the bad news, have done an outstanding job with our cars! Hope to see as many of you as possible.

Hylton Jorssen

Cars attending:

Trent RJT SS
"prima"Donna RJT LT
Stratman SIM SS
Hylton SIM SS
tony_c SIM SS
Andrew RY SS
Duanne RY SS
Frank IOM SS
Dennis IOM SS
Tom IOM SS
mbauer IOM SS
Kenney. IOM SS
Squalo IOM SS
CanadianCamaro IOM SS
2010CAMAROJ IOM SS
CAMAROSCOTTY ??
RickRay CGM LT
jxmot CGM SS
19K3SS BLK SS
Riderover40 ABM SS
luckynuts ABM SS
Camarodriver WHT LT
RetroDude IBM SS
HINEY1 Bumblebee

Car-less attendees:

DGthe3
y2jonkurtz@@yahoo.ca
06blownSS
TJ91
Camarodriver
Moorepheus
Hylton did you ask Scott -fbodfather to show up so that the guys could meet him? That would be awesome. This is a first, I think of what your doing!!

Bye Rick
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 04:01 PM   #208
T's_1st_Camaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro; 2005 Avalanche
Hylton, looks like I'll be there WITH my IBM 2LT. I'll forward some $$ to your paypal and a letter for the guys in the plant. PM me and tell me what you need from me (I live five seconds away and am willing to help you however I can. I owe Mike (Super60) a huge thanks at the least for everything he's done for me.

2LT IMB with black interior & Polished rims
Order#NKNV5Z 06/15/09
2000 - 07/23/09
2051 - 07/25/09
3000 - 08/18/09 TPW 9/14
3300 - 08/24/09
3400 - 09/10/09
3800 - 09/14/09 VIN 2G1FC1EV9A9146201
T's_1st_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 04:01 PM   #209
2010 2SS/RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 6M (68599)