Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 08-16-2010, 04:01 PM   #43
reocamaro

Drives: car
I would have to say the Steelers all the way!

I don't care how bad their season went last year, it's not worth jumping ship to the Saints because they're the winners.

If you're a Bills fan, I'd say stay a Bills fan. If you're THAT dead set on changing teams, there's no better team year in and year out then the Pittsburgh Steelers!
reocamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 04:21 PM   #44
Fast1

Drives: 2010 Summit White SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by reocamaro View Post
I would have to say the Steelers all the way!

I don't care how bad their season went last year, it's not worth jumping ship to the Saints because they're the winners.

If you're a Bills fan, I'd say stay a Bills fan. If you're THAT dead set on changing teams, there's no better team year in and year out then the Pittsburgh Steelers!
I was talking to some friends back in Buffalo and they are threatening to jump ship to arch rival Miami just to protest Ralph Wilson and his lack of commitment to winning. For example, there was alot of winning coaches available last year and he hires Chan Gailey? They even had a shot at a decent QB in the draft.

Playing a couple home games in Toronto every year isn't helping the situation in Buffalo either. Something weird goin' on with that team.
Fast1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 05:06 PM   #45
wangtangjf7

Drives: CGM LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Here Scotty I fixed it for you. This is the real america's team.
Besides ,do you really need any other reason then this.
Thats a very fitting picture bc thats exactly what the cowboys are...pretty little cowgirls. Go Texans!

Old 08-16-2010, 05:08 PM   #46
BlessedChef10
BLESSEDCHEF10

Drives: 2010 2lt camaro rs
SAINTS!!!
Old 08-16-2010, 05:09 PM   #47
wangtangjf7

Drives: CGM LT/RS
oh and if you wanna compare cheerleaders, here ya go:

Old 08-18-2010, 07:48 PM   #48
blkngldbabe
Barossa's handler

Drives: 2LT/RS RJT
Cheer for a team that doesn't require distractions like cheerleaders to compensate for the team on the field.

STeelers FTW!!!!
Attached Images

Old 08-18-2010, 07:59 PM   #49
whodat4lyfe
Senor

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Its all about who dat nation! After a miserable 43 years of losing traditions, last year was the greatest moment in the my saints history! you tell me how can you not like them. GEAUX SAINTS!!!!!!!
whodat4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:02 PM   #50
nasty2ss

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss IOM
Bills rule
nasty2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:27 PM   #51
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast1 View Post
Growing up near Buffalo I have been a Bills fan for 30+ years. Well, they suck. And still have no coach and still have Trent Edwards. I don't see how this year will be any better for Bills fans.

SO-here's how you can help. Tell me which team is your favorite and why I should root for them. Help make this year's NFL season fun for me!

(oh yeah I'm open to bribes.)
Ok. SNAP THE F*** OUT OF IT!!!!!!!!!!! Name:  th_slap.gif
Views: 170
Size:  8.0 KB

I feel the same way now, but I'll never bail on my Bills. Not even for a season. I'll talk smack about them until kickoff. Then, no matter how bad they WILL be, they are my team. This way, I may not be able to say I called it, if they do good, but I will be ligit in rooting. I don't see them being worth a damn, but I hope I'm wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Root for the Bills. You can keep PQ company. If you're really a fan, you root for your team good and bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Always root for the Bills.. it will just be that much sweeter when you finally get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertHarriSS View Post
You've got to stick with your team through thick and thin. Only a chick would think about changing teams because they're sucking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Dolphins, only perfect team /discussion
Why? I'm preeeeeeetty sure it's been discussed before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast1 View Post
Are you calling me a chick?
Are you saying you've completely bailed on the Bills?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndgenz28 View Post
SuperBowls won

Browns 0
Steelers 6

Who sucks????
You mean suckED..... Since that's past tence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangtangjf7 View Post
oh and if you wanna compare cheerleaders, here ya go:

Even as a kid I always thought the DCC were a bunch of fake women.

Just sayin'
Old 08-18-2010, 08:45 PM   #52
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post

Why? I'm preeeeeeetty sure it's been discussed before.
I meant end the discussion about who to root for. Because Miami is the only perfect team.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:21 PM   #53
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
I meant end the discussion about who to root for. Because Miami is the only perfect team.
I'll give them this. They do only have 5 letters in the city name.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:56 PM   #54
bouncertime
Miller High Life

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1, 2017 Colorado Z71
Been a Charger fan all my life, go Bolts.
Old 08-21-2010, 10:53 AM   #55
arod55
AROD55

Drives: 1955 Chevy Bel Air Hardtop
Gave up my Chargers/Cowboys ticket for tonight, it was tough but that's why I love DVR. Going to a class reunion function. Go Charger'
arod55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 12:32 PM   #56
blkngldbabe
Barossa's handler

Drives: 2LT/RS RJT
Here. This is MY reasoning for why the Steelers are the team to back...even though you should NEVER quit on your team. I wrote this shortly before the boys brought home one for the thumb.

The glint in the eyes of the Black and Gold clad Gridiron warriors was matched in intensity only by those in the stands, ready to pour every ounce of energy into an afternoon of reckless abandon. Clouds of hot breath clinging to the air and the smell of adrenaline marked the coming of the Life and breath of Pittsburgh. The spine-tingling roar that rose from the crowd, as the Pride of Steeltown USA took the field, was deafening yet exhilarating all at once. A game was a spectacle to behold, and what I as a diehard fan would give to have experienced just one during the Superbowl era, could not be put into words.

A team whose identity IS the people, can do nothing but get complete admiration and undying loyalty from the group whom they represent so unfalteringly on the field. The Chief was brilliant in creating a team, a legacy if you will that so closely paralleled the City. The Steelers stubbornness to achieve their best, and put all possible effort into doing so, won them loyalty from not only their hometown crowd but from fans nationwide.

The Men in Black and Gold carried a pride and dignity in their stride, as they do today. This swagger struck home with every man, woman or child that had ever encountered adversity in their lives. The approach the Steelers took in overcoming obstacles reached out to the men and women who laid it on the line everyday to put food on the table. When the Steelers won, it was almost a moral victory to the fanbase.

Over the decades, the same has rung true. It has also flowed over to the white collared fans as well as the people who just love football. Their smash mouth, grind it out style, brings physicality to a whole new level in the game. The toughness of a team that would rather run straight through instead of around connects with the animal in all of us. The team who was never a store bought, shiny new Cadillac but a winter beater that will make it through the worst storm, showed that you didn’t have to be the high dollar earner to make it big in this life.

Winning four Lombardi’s in the late seventies brought more than just national awareness to this wunderkind of the Burgh, it rewrote the rules of the game, so people could combat the most fear instilling defense to ever take the field. Nobody could deal with the Steel Curtain. Every time my memories drift back to this stalwart D, one major point sticks out. NOBODY ate their lunch or even thought about anything besides coming out in one piece after a play. That in itself, brought tears of pride to many a member of the Steeler Nation.

As a youngster, going through the later years of elementary school near the border, I was more of a hockey kid than anything. Being only 13 in the late eighties, and my first time on my own at a boarding school, I was struggling to find something to occupy my spare time (which apparently was in great abundance). Of course, being a teenager, I turned to boys. I had many friends, but none were close. The one night I was outside, rolling my skateboard down the drive while fighting off a large bout of homesickness, this spunky senior decided to befriend me. His name was (let's just call him TR). I developed such an enormous crush on the man, and he was fantastic to a young girl who must have driven him insane with the attention.

One Sunday afternoon, I was bored and the newfound love of my life was nowhere to be found. Chin in my hands, bored to tears, I sat in the courtyard waiting to find something to do with my time. All of a sudden my knight in shining armor arrived. Tony called me over and asked if I would like to spend some time with him. By answering yes, my Sundays from that day forward, were changed forever.

I was introduced to the wonderful sport (which in turn, would take me forward to meet many interesting people in life) of NFL football. Now as I sat patiently, Tony described the basics of the game. Back in the late eighties, we were lucky to catch two games a weekend on the tube. But before he ever tried to tell me about QB’s and O-lines he told me the one most important fact about the game. You find yourself a team that you relate with, and stick with them no matter how horribly they play, or how many Super bowls they win. I was lost as the only thing that I knew was if you win the big game you get a CUP not a BOWL. What kind of wacky football did the Americans play anyways?

Now the one thing I didn’t share with you about my sweet TR was that his hometown happened to be Sewickley PA. His family business was a Large Broadcasting Corp in the Burgh. Tony had been raised on Steeler Ball going to many home games and such, and his love for the game projected that connection on to me. That first year watching the game, getting a feel for what goes on and who does what, was being like a small child on Christmas morning. From what my friend had told me, the best team EVER was the Steelers. This was contested daily by my classmates, as they all grew up on the border as die hard Bills fans. The Kelly era was taking place, and the string of SB runs were in the process of beginning. It was the only time in my memories of actually hearing a Bengals fan say anything about winning as well. Oh, the irony of it.

As he finished school, and I moved away, my Sundays of watching the Steelers continued. Being up here, in the great white north, it was much easier to find CFL games to watch but the drive to follow the best team in NFL history had been born. I read up on the history of the team, and found out about the Lombardi’s. How did Tony fail to mention these?? I guess the pride in a team, that was not only comprised of football players but local legends, would make him assume that everyone would know what a storied career his boys in black and gold had.

As the years went by I watched and learned more about the wondrous entity that is the NFL and how simple colors could bring people, who have never met, together. Even in Canada, where it’s more common to run across a person or car clad in Leafs paraphernalia than anything, the Steeler Nation stands tall and proud. Directly north of Niagara is a city called Hamilton. The city has its own CFL franchise, clad in the same black and gold colors. The Hammer, as it’s affectionately known by its inhabitants, is a steel town as well. The people are hard core fanatics for their team, but also identify well with their American counterparts.

Nowadays, even during the off season, there are many fans adorned in their Colors. Going to the grocery store, a smile spreads across my face with the mere glimpse of the Steel workers union symbol. Every time I see those hypocycloids,
I fill with pride. I generally strike up conversations with complete strangers on game day, while out for some snacks. While fully clad in Black and Gold, driving my yellow car with Steelers die hanging from my mirror, I always honk when I see Steeler fans. There is always a wish of good luck, or questions of what that guy thought he was doing (Maddox slights of course). Even while surfing the net, on my constant quest for more football knowledge, I meet our fans in the oddest of places.

I don’t know if I’ve ever encountered a fanbase (NFL of course) that has the tenacity in its love for its team, or for that matter the drive to know more about the group of 53 men and their leaders. The people that affiliate themselves with our proud tradition, most likely can’t pinpoint exactly WHY they are the strongest and most vocal supporters of their franchise. They do know, however, that even being one small voice in a cast of millions is the most electrifying feeling on a cold December day while the Warriors of the Gridiron once again step foot onto the field.

P.S this was written PRE SB XL.

Last edited by blkngldbabe; 08-27-2010 at 12:44 PM.
blkngldbabe is offline   Reply With Quote