Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2015, 10:23 AM   #1
Enator
 
Drives: 2011 SHELBY GT500 & Volvo S80
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 395
Exclamation May 2015 Camaro Sales Figures (and vs. Mustang & Challenger)

May 2015 Delivery (sales) Stats:

Camaro May 2015 Deliveries (actual sales): 9,753 -6% (Pr Ye)

Compared to Competition:

Mustang May 2015 Delivery (sales):13,616 40% (Pr Ye)
Challenger May 2015 Delivery (sales):7,438 29% (Pr Ye)
Attached Images
         
Enator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 10:30 AM   #2
dantemcc

 
dantemcc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: atlanta
Posts: 973
What is it about the Mustang that has people hooked onto it? Its a nice car, I'll give it that. But after spending a few days with the new 5.0, imo it feels more like a sports car than it does a muscle car. But a nice car nonetheless
dantemcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 10:34 AM   #3
shaffe


 
Drives: 2012 Focus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Burr Ridge
Posts: 3,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantemcc View Post
What is it about the Mustang that has people hooked onto it? Its a nice car, I'll give it that. But after spending a few days with the new 5.0, imo it feels more like a sports car than it does a muscle car. But a nice car nonetheless
1. its the new car in the segment so sales are going to be high simply because of that.

2. I would bet your comment "feels more like a sports car than a muscle car" has a lot to do with it. Probably attracting a lot of new buyers with that.

What surprised me was the big jump in Camaro sales last month. That's great that its still selling but after a few slow months I wonder what brought the big jump of almost 3k more cars in may than april
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 10:43 AM   #4
dantemcc

 
dantemcc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: atlanta
Posts: 973
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
1. its the new car in the segment so sales are going to be high simply because of that.

2. I would bet your comment "feels more like a sports car than a muscle car" has a lot to do with it. Probably attracting a lot of new buyers with that.

What surprised me was the big jump in Camaro sales last month. That's great that its still selling but after a few slow months I wonder what brought the big jump of almost 3k more cars in may than april
I see your point. I'm just of the mindset that, if I buy a muscle car, I want it to be a muscle car. I.E. A camaro. Not to be pumping up a car that I own. But I prefer the Camaro over its competitors because it's still a muscle car. There's nothing sports car-ish about it. I've driven every version except the Z/28 and 1le and to me, they all have the same personality.
dantemcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 10:46 AM   #5
Shark72
 
Shark72's Avatar
 
Drives: '16 Z06/Z07, '15 ZL1, 1972 Stingray
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Drivers Seat
Posts: 700
Does anyone know the actual production cut off date for the 2015 Camaro?
Shark72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 10:52 AM   #6
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado
 
FenwickHockey65's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 GMC Envoy/2007 Ford F-150
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 35,221
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
1. its the new car in the segment so sales are going to be high simply because of that.

2. I would bet your comment "feels more like a sports car than a muscle car" has a lot to do with it. Probably attracting a lot of new buyers with that.

What surprised me was the big jump in Camaro sales last month. That's great that its still selling but after a few slow months I wonder what brought the big jump of almost 3k more cars in may than april
Might see an uptick in sales over the next few months from people who were on the fence for 5th/6th gen and decided to go with the 5th for whatever reason. After that initial rush is over it'll probably drop off.
__________________
FenwickHockey65's GM Thread!

2003 GMC Envoy SLE - Airaid Cold Air Intake, Gibson Performance Catback Exhaust
2007 Ford F-150 XL SuperCab (State-issued)
FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 10:53 AM   #7
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado
 
FenwickHockey65's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 GMC Envoy/2007 Ford F-150
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 35,221
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantemcc View Post
What is it about the Mustang that has people hooked onto it? Its a nice car, I'll give it that. But after spending a few days with the new 5.0, imo it feels more like a sports car than it does a muscle car. But a nice car nonetheless
Because it's a damn good car.
__________________
FenwickHockey65's GM Thread!

2003 GMC Envoy SLE - Airaid Cold Air Intake, Gibson Performance Catback Exhaust
2007 Ford F-150 XL SuperCab (State-issued)
FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 10:53 AM   #8
Angrybird 12
6 year Cancer Survivor!
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO, 16 Encore, 07 Colorado
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 21,435
The Mustang has to be Fords sports car and Muscle car so it has to appeal to a wider audience, whereas Chevy has both the Camaro and Corvette....
Does the Corvette actually hurt or help Camaro sales?
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

The Bird is the word!
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 10:56 AM   #9
AZCamaroFan
9 YEARS on Camaro5/6
 
AZCamaroFan's Avatar
 
Drives: sometimes
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 17,597
not bad. I continually to be amazed by the challenger. it's sales are getting better as the car gets older.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 10:58 AM   #10
dantemcc

 
dantemcc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: atlanta
Posts: 973
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Because it's a damn good car.
Do not get me wrong, I totally agree with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
The Mustang has to be Fords sports car and Muscle car so it has to appeal to a wider audience, whereas Chevy has both the Camaro and Corvette....
Does the Corvette actually hurt or help Camaro sales?
Thats a good question and a great point. For the money for a Zl1, 1le or even a Z/28, would you be better off spending a few grand more and getting a Vette? TBH, that would depend on two things. Your height and weight. I'm 6'2 250 and i can barely and i mean barely get into a new Vette. Where as in the Maro, I have miles of room. So money may not be the only reason and or deterrent to choosing between a Vette and a Maro.

One thing i do find weird and humorous, is why Ford never produced anything to compete with the Vette? There really isnt anything that can truly compare to being the best bang for your buck than the Vette. I cant wait to put it up against a 911 and see if GM finally built a Vette that can beat a 911 and not just in a straight line. I mean overall.
dantemcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 11:04 AM   #11
AZCamaroFan
9 YEARS on Camaro5/6
 
AZCamaroFan's Avatar
 
Drives: sometimes
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 17,597
Because they probably calculated how much it would cost them to build a sports car in that price range, how many units they'd sell, and how it would cut into the mustang possibly too. Considering the size of the sports car segment they probably figured it wasn't worth the money to them.


As to the Camaro. I don't think the Corvette hurts the Camaro, but i think the Camaro took some sales from the Corvette in 2009-2013.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 11:21 AM   #12
Angrybird 12
6 year Cancer Survivor!
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO, 16 Encore, 07 Colorado
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 21,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
Because they probably calculated how much it would cost them to build a sports car in that price range, how many units they'd sell, and how it would cut into the mustang possibly too. Considering the size of the sports car segment they probably figured it wasn't worth the money to them.


As to the Camaro. I don't think the Corvette hurts the Camaro, but i think the Camaro took some sales from the Corvette in 2009-2013.
Chevy sold almost as many corvettes last month as they did Camaros...amazing to me.
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

The Bird is the word!
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 12:05 PM   #13
RobWH
 
Drives: Silverado
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Florida
Posts: 102
Mustang is flat out selling like mad. This is like 1999(and other years) all over again. KUDOS to Ford for "reading the public" like a champ. The right mix goes a long way.

Challenger though, is almost STUNNING! Sales nearly doubled over last month. Wow. It's a good thing for Dodge, of course, but that the car has seen steady increases in the past several months(all year, I think) is what's so surprising. This is no new chassis!

Camaro sales will likely wane between now and the 6th gen hitting sales floors and then I think it will make significant gains, but I'm concerned that won't last, even though the 6th is surely a much, much better car. That lack of rearward visibility is a big deal to potential buyers who aren't "all in" on Camaro.
RobWH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 12:13 PM   #14
motorhead


 
Drives: POS MOPAR
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Overlook hotel
Posts: 10,550
It's looking like the time is right for the gen 6 car.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.