Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 01-07-2011, 04:34 PM   #43
Synerbee
SoCal Headturners

Drives: 2010 SGM
I have a fat PS3 60 GB. It never overheated or had any problems
Synerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:56 PM   #44
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
360?

Oh please. The PS3 is so much more reliable then the 360. My friend purchased one of the 250gb 360's from Best Buy back in Oct. He went through 4 360's in a week because they they all was either doa or RROD after a few hours. When he went back to complain, Best Buy gave him a free $100 gift card for his troubles and exchanged the console for the 5th time. His 5th console RROD on Thanksgiving.
BB has a rep for that, what you have to do is make them open a new package on the floor to give you a new one. Not just a unit from the back.
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:46 PM   #45
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
My PS3 is a Fat 40gig that was built after they nixed all the ports. Bought it in '08 and I'm pretty sure after doing some research and checking the dust levels that yeah.. I think it's just dusty.

Dust eventually killed my laptop and desktop because for some reason our house gets excessively dusty all the time. Something with the vents. That said with some canned air and keeping it on top of a dresser in open air has helped a bit.

However the errors still occur, so I'm going to contribute that to the actual game and not the system itself. Just piss poor testing.
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:56 PM   #46
Bruce@MarylandSpeed

Drives: Ford F150 and Toyota Camry
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I have the older-style 360 that's a year old, and I don't get a lot of heat. The fans will turn on and evacuate it, and that's about it.
Same here and my kids will play for several hours at a time with no break.
CODMODWAR2, Halo(s) and what ever Lego title is out.
They beat COD Black Ops already and traded it in on Halo Reach (which they already had ) Sounds like most the issues come from the units that are connected to the internet.
Bruce@MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:10 PM   #47
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
Hit detection is my main complaint. When I shoot a somebody in the face, and it says that I missed, I just have to put this game down, and go back to Granturismo. I can shoot a guy four times, and it will only register my last two bullets. WTF!
That's the single most frustrating thing. I KNOW I've shot the crap out of some people and it's like you didn't even react. I've learned to adjust and it's not as big an issue but it's still there and rears it's ugly head now and again. The game is fun but sometimes ya just need to walk away. lol At least I'm back into positive K/D .

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:23 AM   #48
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post
My PS3 is a Fat 40gig that was built after they nixed all the ports. Bought it in '08 and I'm pretty sure after doing some research and checking the dust levels that yeah.. I think it's just dusty.

Dust eventually killed my laptop and desktop because for some reason our house gets excessively dusty all the time. Something with the vents. That said with some canned air and keeping it on top of a dresser in open air has helped a bit.

However the errors still occur, so I'm going to contribute that to the actual game and not the system itself. Just piss poor testing.
You know - I'd blown-out my console a while ago, and after, I started reading comments about how bad that was. Because we tend to leave our windows open as much as possible when the weather's nice, we get a lot of dust in our house, and I'm sure I'd get a fair amount out of the console it I were to flush it again. I think I'm going to do some more research, but I just can't see how that dust can be good; I don't know if I'm getting rid of it safely though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
That's the single most frustrating thing. I KNOW I've shot the crap out of some people and it's like you didn't even react. I've learned to adjust and it's not as big an issue but it's still there and rears it's ugly head now and again. The game is fun but sometimes ya just need to walk away. lol At least I'm back into positive K/D .
Yeah - I've noticed that, too. Unfortunately, lately, I've been a good target. I've felt like I've had several kills stolen, but, like you already said - I just take a step back.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:22 PM   #49
Senojelyk

Drives: '95 Jeep Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
The 360 heating issues are pretty much gone. Especially with the new Elite's and Kinect 360's
Not true. Brother in law's brother.. works for Gamestop, they are still getting 20-30% fail/return rate on the new slim models.

On topic: CoD sucks.. period. Play Battlefield and learn that K/D ratio doesn't win games. Then you will understand what multiplayer FPS SHOULD be.

One day I will own a Camaro... One day.
Senojelyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:30 PM   #50
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brunsy View Post
glad I never bought it.
+1
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:08 AM   #51
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senojelyk View Post
Not true. Brother in law's brother.. works for Gamestop, they are still getting 20-30% fail/return rate on the new slim models.
Not sure what this has to do with Gamestop. If you have an RROD, you send it to Microsoft. I have done this twice with different Xboxs; both times I had the unit back in my hands within 7 days. Best repair process ever, go online report the issue, decided whether you need a box shipped to you or not, and send the unit in. No hassles!

Quote:
On topic: CoD sucks.. period. Play Battlefield and learn that K/D ratio doesn't win games. Then you will understand what multiplayer FPS SHOULD be.
Obviously you like BFBC better than CoD. BFBC does play better as a strategic FPS game. But a lot has to be fixed with the EA servers before it becomes the standard for what an FPS SHOULD BE. The game plays, when the servers are up, like a game with 15 (maybe 30 on a good day) frames per second video.

The topic here is whether the PS3 version of CoD is broke or not and did anyone sign the partition due to this fact.
Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:44 AM   #52
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_LHD3 View Post
Not sure what this has to do with Gamestop. If you have an RROD, you send it to Microsoft. I have done this twice with different Xboxs; both times I had the unit back in my hands within 7 days. Best repair process ever, go online report the issue, decided whether you need a box shipped to you or not, and send the unit in. No hassles!

Obviously you like BFBC better than CoD. BFBC does play better as a strategic FPS game. But a lot has to be fixed with the EA servers before it becomes the standard for what an FPS SHOULD BE. The game plays, when the servers are up, like a game with 15 (maybe 30 on a good day) frames per second video.

The topic here is whether the PS3 version of CoD is broke or not and did anyone sign the partition due to this fact.
THANK YOU FOR BRINGING US BACK ON TOPIC

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:16 PM   #53
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:

From this comment I would assume your just not that good online
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote