Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 10-04-2012, 10:14 PM   #85
Stay Marine
Still love daily drivin'

Drives: Built '10 IBM 2SS; '15 Black Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-V View Post
I should be down at cars and coffee in the morning and I'll definitely be up at Kook's. I'll keep an eye on the dyno and hopefully see you all there.
look for a Black's tire and auto...a muffler shop should do you right... Monroe on Western did pretty good job for me.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:15 PM   #86
Stay Marine
Still love daily drivin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberBri View Post
just ordered JBA long tubes and full 3"...where can i get it put on locally for the low??
oops...wrong quote....check blacks tire and auto or Monroe....
Old 10-06-2012, 09:28 PM   #87
stikSS
9691 & 97586

Drives: 2010 SS, 1999 SS, 1993 Z28
Today was the day to work on as many Camaros as possible I think..... We were able to perform various different task at one time and completed everything. We worked on color shift halos, installed new header gaskets, cleaned up an engine bay by re-routing hoses, flipping the fuel rails, removed the plastic intake plenum and checked the valves after the intake was removed, made a wiring harness to run the fans and intercooler on a ZL1 to help cool while the car is off, clear coated a transmission and rear-end housing... yes, you read that right!.. and this is after installing 2 sets of headers this past week... kinda feels like we have our own perfomance shop in the making!

stikSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:04 PM   #88
Stay Marine
Still love daily drivin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by stikSS View Post
Today was the day to work on as many Camaros as possible I think..... We were able to perform various different task at one time and completed everything. We worked on color shift halos, installed new header gaskets, cleaned up an engine bay by re-routing hoses, flipping the fuel rails, removed the plastic intake plenum and checked the valves after the intake was removed, made a wiring harness to run the fans and intercooler on a ZL1 to help cool while the car is off, clear coated a transmission and rear-end housing... yes, you read that right!.. and this is after installing 2 sets of headers this past week... kinda feels like we have our own perfomance shop in the making!

atta boy....love that garage!!

Maybe we can see the results/benefits this next Sat at the Fayetteville track?
Old 10-07-2012, 03:07 PM   #89
stikSS
9691 & 97586

Its already paid off.... Bert ripped off an 11.77 today!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-08-2012, 08:04 PM   #90
Camaros To The Max
AKA...Grim Reaper

Drives: 2010 2 LT Camaro
Just wanted to let everyone know that we hope to have a announcement soon about a North Carolina Camaro Meet for Spring 2013 soon. 5th Gen Camaros of the Carolinas and Camaro South will be meeting soon to discuss a big event to be held in Raleigh NC in the Spring of 2013. We will let everyone know once it is finalized. Stay tuned............
Camaros To The Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:23 AM   #91
Kelly@PCMofNC

Drives: 2010 RS/SS
Cars & coffee was really neat on Saturday. Can't believe I've been missing out on that for so long! There was some really neat stuff there.
Kelly@PCMofNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:52 AM   #92
Kelly@PCMofNC

Drives: 2010 RS/SS
Also, didn't know if all of you saw our FB post or not, but figured I'd post here too since a lot of you are local to us. We have a TVS 2300 blower kit in stock that we'd like to move - pay retail for the blower ($6900) and we will install it and dyno tune it included in that price!
Kelly@PCMofNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:37 AM   #93
NVMY68SS
Drives #296

Drives: 1968 Camaro SS - 350/5 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaros To The Max View Post
Just wanted to let everyone know that we hope to have a announcement soon about a North Carolina Camaro Meet for Spring 2013 soon. 5th Gen Camaros of the Carolinas and Camaro South will be meeting soon to discuss a big event to be held in Raleigh NC in the Spring of 2013. We will let everyone know once it is finalized. Stay tuned............
Looking forward to hearing more about this one. Keep the Triangle Camaro Club in mind if you need some local support.
#296 Delivered 6-1-09 Dynoed 10-3-09 384.56HP 387.65TQ with the bolt-ons listed, no tune.....yet!
Roto-Fab CAI (Install pics here), Doug Thorley Shorties, Flowmaster American Thunder 409S Cat Back Vid
NVMY68SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:40 PM   #94
Camaros To The Max
AKA...Grim Reaper

Drives: 2010 2 LT Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVMY68SS View Post
Looking forward to hearing more about this one. Keep the Triangle Camaro Club in mind if you need some local support.
Sounds GREAT!! Yeah, I will make sure Lori knows all the info.
Camaros To The Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:17 PM   #95
NC-V

Drives: cts-v
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaros To The Max View Post
Staying tuned, this is gonna be pretty big.
NC-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:02 PM   #96
NVMY68SS
Drives #296

Drives: 1968 Camaro SS - 350/5 Speed
Might I suggest getting a stickied or dedicated thread going for this event so we can keep the information a little more organized.
#296 Delivered 6-1-09 Dynoed 10-3-09 384.56HP 387.65TQ with the bolt-ons listed, no tune.....yet!
Roto-Fab CAI (Install pics here), Doug Thorley Shorties, Flowmaster American Thunder 409S Cat Back Vid
NVMY68SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:04 PM   #97
stikSS
9691 & 97586

We will shortly... just wanted to throw out the idea in this thread since it's been really active. Just hope we have a good turnout because i see alot of people on here that haven't been able to link up with others yet. I think we can have a huge turnout.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-11-2012, 08:59 PM   #98
Stay Marine
Still love daily drivin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by stikSS View Post
There is a show and drag on Oct 13 at Fayetteville Motorsports Park, all money raised goes to St. Judes Children Hospital. A large Mustang forum is hosting it and reached out to us at Camaro South and invited us to participate in it... just to create some friendly competition and help raise money.

Here is what they posted on our forum about it:

LOL, friendly competition, I like that. Just wanted to remind you guys of this event going on OCT 13th. Its gonna be a great event, my wife Kristen and Myself along with a few other Carolina Mustang Chapter individuals will be leading this. The more participation the better plus with the dragrace competition the little Mustang vs Camaro rivalry should be fun!

Just to break the event down a bit there is going to be a car show (best Mopar, GM, Ford, best of show and kids choice) I would really like if one of the Camaro south individuals to participate in being a judge.

Competition Auto "should" be participating in the event along with Fastlane. It would be great for Speed shops that are geared towards GM, Mopar, etc to participate, the more the merrier. Just get in touch with me on that so I can start engaging them.

The dragrace comp will be broken down in four classes.
1. Street radial, N/A.
2. Drag Radial, N/A.
3. Single power adder, street radial
4. Single power adder, Drag radial

Theres a potential 5th class just for bragging rights.

We're still trying to get ahold of the mobile dyno so we can conduct a "high HP" event which we hope attracts a big crowd.

Some of the donations have been geared towards the Mustang community:

blow by racing= $250.00 worth in gift certs
American muscle= $250.00 worth in gift certs
MGW= $200.00 donation
Nationwide insurance= $200.00 donation
JLT= gift cert for Oil separator
Late model resto= tshirts and goodies
Freedom racing suspension= suspension parts
Hypermotive= $250.00 worth in gift certs (carries GM parts)

Children's raffle: Mustang (maybe Camaro too) remote control car.

There will be a 50/50 raffle for the prizes. Cost for the raffle tickets are still TBD. If you guys have any questions or concerns just send me an email: info@hypermotiveperformance.com or give us a call, numbers are on the flyer. I really look forward to seeing as many of you guys there. I should be seeing you guys in your next event at the track. Thanks!!
Stik....Kymm and I are coming up Sat AM!