Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 04-29-2010, 09:30 PM   #15
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTomcat View Post
Well..the Camaro and Challenger are both a good deal heavier than the Mustang..thus more weight on the wheels, and when they break loose..more material to burn.

y.
Omg, good one.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:33 PM   #16
chappy48

Drives: 2010 Camaro Auto 2SS/RS
Quote:

That is why you see more smoke, quicker from the Camaro and Challenger. I think alot of people must have written to GM and complained, or at least GM took note of the interior. I'm not passing a verdict either way, but GM is, they're changing it for the 2012 model year.

The interior view issues are legitimate criticisms, most reviewers comment on it negatively.
This is the first I heard of this. Do you know what they are doing to the interior? Just curious.
TVS2300 Supercharger w/Maggie Max Stage 2, 3.6 Pulley, Innovators West 8 rib conversion, OD rear Cog belt drive.
Jannetty Racing Rough Idle Cam, LS3 Conversion.
Jannetty Racing built 6l80e Trans, Jannetty Racing Custom Converter, Built rear diff w/ 3.45 gears, DSS driveshaft and 1400 hp axles.
ADM Twin Pump Fuel System, ADM CAI, Dynatech 1 7/8" Coated Headers, Borla "S" Catback.
Custom 18" Forgestar F14's, Nitto 305/45-18 DR's
chappy48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:35 PM   #17
Mr CLuTcH
Always On Kill!

Drives: S.I.M. SS
Quote:
Well..the Camaro and Challenger are both a good deal heavier than the Mustang..thus more weight on the wheels, and when they break loose..more material to burn.

That is why you see more smoke, quicker from the Camaro and Challenger. I think alot of people must have written to GM and complained, or at least GM took note of the interior. I'm not passing a verdict either way, but GM is, they're changing it for the 2012 model year.

The interior view issues are legitimate criticisms, most reviewers comment on it negatively.
That burn-out has nothing to do with power though? Hard to believe.

But anyway....I personally love the interior, too me, it has this retro yet futurist look to it. The only thing I totally hated about the interior was that there was no in dash navigation! I mean, god, cheaper cars like Toyotas and Nissans even have in dish navi screens. It gives the car a more technical look to it rather than using this little box of a window for onstar to guide you through directions. All they have to do is add a hud and a navi, and I'd buy the 2012 model and be a totally satisfied customer.

I never really had a problem with the front view through the windshield, it's fine to me, but the view front he side windows needed some getting use to. After about a month, I adapted and everything was fine. No car has a perfect view,....keep that in mind.
*K&N typhoon CAI
*Aggressive cam.
*Tune
**Result**: 465rwhp/ 447rwtq. Satisfied.
Mr CLuTcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:36 PM   #18
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy48 View Post
This is the first I heard of this. Do you know what they are doing to the interior? Just curious.

http://blogs.insideline.com/straight...-for-2012.html

Here ya go.
ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:39 PM   #19
Baldilocks01SS

Drives: SEARCHING
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSARMY View Post
Still beats everyone in the 1/4 mile
Not according to the video.

13.1 for the Camaro and 12.7 for the Mustang.

Let's face it. The new 5.0 actually puts more power to the rear wheels to the much lighter Mustang. Until GM realizes this, the Mustang will keep winning 'stock' races.
Baldilocks01SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:43 PM   #20
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
i love the chopped top look of the camaro.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:59 PM   #21
ViperTomcat
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr CLuTcH View Post
That burn-out has nothing to do with power though? Hard to believe.

But anyway....I personally love the interior, too me, it has this retro yet futurist look to it. The only thing I totally hated about the interior was that there was no in dash navigation! I mean, god, cheaper cars like Toyotas and Nissans even have in dish navi screens. It gives the car a more technical look to it rather than using this little box of a window for onstar to guide you through directions. All they have to do is add a hud and a navi, and I'd buy the 2012 model and be a totally satisfied customer.

I never really had a problem with the front view through the windshield, it's fine to me, but the view front he side windows needed some getting use to. After about a month, I adapted and everything was fine. No car has a perfect view,....keep that in mind.

Considering the Mustang puts down more power to the wheels than the Challenger and right at or more than the SS..I'd say no.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:06 PM   #22
RedJewelrsss32

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Red Jewel Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I think the challenger had the best sound with the most badass burnout. It almost makes me rethink buying my camaro. I would love to have one of each.
+1 It is a nice car
Old 04-29-2010, 10:56 PM   #23
2SSARMY
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldilocks01SS View Post
Not according to the video.

13.1 for the Camaro and 12.7 for the Mustang.

Let's face it. The new 5.0 actually puts more power to the rear wheels to the much lighter Mustang. Until GM realizes this, the Mustang will keep winning 'stock' races.
Yet in other tests the stang ran 13.4
2SSARMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:02 PM   #24
marcao

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I used to be a Mustang fanatics. But when the new Camaro came out, I had to test-drive it. As soon as I did, I knew I had to own one. For good measure, I also had to compare with the real competition: the Challenger (the Mustang was not even a contender in my mind). So I tried the SRT8. A great car. My wife and I had long discussions to make up our minds: a Camaro or a Challenger to replace our 2004 Mustang? The $10,000 difference in price and the ugly sedan interior of the Chally made us pick the Camaro. And boy do we love this car. We have no regrets about the choice we made. And although the 5.0 Mustang might now be a close contender for 2011, the look and feel of both cars will always put the GM car in front of its Ford counterpart. The new Camaro fits me like a glove in all possible ways.
marcao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:10 PM   #25
Mr CLuTcH
Always On Kill!

Drives: S.I.M. SS
Quote:
Considering the Mustang puts down more power to the wheels than the Challenger and right at or more than the SS..I'd say no.
But but but.......it's burn-out sucked.
*K&N typhoon CAI
*Aggressive cam.
*Tune
**Result**: 465rwhp/ 447rwtq. Satisfied.
Mr CLuTcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:47 PM   #26
ViperTomcat
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr CLuTcH View Post
But but but.......it's burn-out sucked.
Didnt say it didnt suck!
Old 04-29-2010, 11:51 PM   #27
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
Quote:
Didnt say it didnt suck!
To be honest ... I think it was tha tires

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 01:15 AM   #28
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSARMY View Post
Yet in other tests the stang ran 13.4
The camaro has run a 13.4 in some mag tests too. What's your point?
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote