Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-26-2009, 02:04 PM   #43
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmoyer View Post
Not to sound like a computer geek, but in response to the technology of the Tandy 1000, it was far from a 386. It was an old IBM 8088 processor, no hard disk and came with 128k of RAM that was expandable to 640k. It also had a 5.25" floppy drive, CGA video, and 7.1 MHz processor speeds.

Sorry, I stand corrected. My first computer was a 1996 Sony 133 Pentium, so I guess I really don't know much about PCs before then.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:32 PM   #44
cam2fst4u

Drives: 08 SS trailblazer,08 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to cam2fst4u
I'm afraid of what they might have learned is not to let information out like they have. I think it is great that they have included us in the making of it.(or at least listened to our thoughts and opinions and some peoples complaining) So lets hope that they will keep us in the loop in the future!
cam2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:37 PM   #45
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam2fst4u View Post
I'm afraid of what they might have learned is not to let information out like they have. I think it is great that they have included us in the making of it.(or at least listened to our thoughts and opinions and some peoples complaining) So lets hope that they will keep us in the loop in the future!
There is a very real risk of that. However, I think many of the comments have been fairly evealuated and looked into.

I can just imagine it wasn't easy to sift through much of the garbage and trolling that happened.

Kudos to Team Camaro for Listening to us!~

Last edited by greenrail; 03-26-2009 at 04:16 PM.
greenrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:44 PM   #46
GM'r_For_Life
9A108207

Drives: 95 S10
Quote:
Originally Posted by John VS View Post
That's me you're talking about. Started looking at the Mustang then looked at the Genesis, looked at Nissan...

Fbodfather, you sound justifiably tired. But at the end of the day you guys have done what I think you set out to. I'm not a GM loyalist, but I ordered my Camaro this week -- my first GM ever and first American car in 20 years -- because you guys did a hell of a job on it.

I was just reading some forum pages last night about iPod connectivity and how that works with bluetooth and at this point I've already ordered the car but still I thought...Wow, they really nailed it. There's just no downside to this car: Performance, fuel efficiency, aesthetics, state of the art electronics, and of course a great price...It's the total package!

I'm just one of a whole wave of non-loyalists buyers you're going to be seeing soon. Well done.
That's What I'm talking about. Welcome back to the GM family.
GM'r_For_Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:21 PM   #47
Tal

Drives: Old
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGM76 View Post
Maybe all my fears will disappear when I get behind the wheel, and I eagerly await my chance. We only got the bumblebee concept (based on the old GTO I believe) in Sacramento, and the old convertible concept at the SF show. Thanks for hooking us up there. Neither show real dimensions or could be touched.
Review writers find the weakest parts of a car and critique them, notice that in all of the head to head reviews vs the Mustang, Challenger and Genesis the Camaro has been the overall 'winner'. It's not perfect but the weakpoints really aren't that bad.
Tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:31 PM   #48
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by John VS View Post
That's me you're talking about. Started looking at the Mustang then looked at the Genesis, looked at Nissan...

Fbodfather, you sound justifiably tired. But at the end of the day you guys have done what I think you set out to. I'm not a GM loyalist, but I ordered my Camaro this week -- my first GM ever and first American car in 20 years -- because you guys did a hell of a job on it.

I was just reading some forum pages last night about iPod connectivity and how that works with bluetooth and at this point I've already ordered the car but still I thought...Wow, they really nailed it. There's just no downside to this car: Performance, fuel efficiency, aesthetics, state of the art electronics, and of course a great price...It's the total package!

I'm just one of a whole wave of non-loyalists buyers you're going to be seeing soon. Well done.
Thank you for your purchase...and I hope there will be more American cars in your garage in the future...
Old 03-26-2009, 05:13 PM   #49
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus6 View Post
I say we all chip in and buy Scott a weekend at a fancy spa/retreat when the car show season is over.He totaly deserves it ,Who is with me ?
I dont think Scott could sit or lay still long enough for a spa/massage. And with all his travels he probable does not want to go anywhere. But I would kick in for a huge plaque or trophy to awknowlege his efforts on behalf of all of us. I think you are on to something here that we SHOULD explore.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 07:10 PM   #50
bri9

Drives: 2010 Corvette Z06 2010 BMW 650i
Having had a number of Corvette's and a 69 non-RS camaro I'm not for the pivoting headlights. Really thought they were cool on my Vet until they froze up after a car wash and the temp dropped below freezing. If they want to make improvement in headlight safety on the Camaro they should do as Lexus and BMW does where their headlamps pivot as the car turns a corner so you aren't out driving your headlights. But I realize that would add more to the cost of the car.
bri9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 07:20 PM   #51
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
YES GM Listens!

I have stated on numerous occasions on this forum to make your thoughts and concerns known. If it turns out to be something many people find needs changing I will guarentee someone at GM will be on it...
This is from My experience with the Solstice and Sky forums... Lots of problems/ concerns were first posted in those forums and were fixed with running changes before the 2007 model year was over.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:29 PM   #52
StuMac

Drives: 2010 CMG 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
So - -we do listen -- we just don't always give the answer that everyone wants to hear.
Agreed, just because they listen to you, doesn't mean they agree with you.

Cyber gray!
StuMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:00 PM   #53
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
I would try talking to Nancy Pelosi but she scares me since she cannot blink her eyes to save her life.In all seriousness, at this point in time I feel that Obama is going to not let GM go bankrupt and bail you guys out once more so changing any anti-trust laws will never happen. It is a damn shame that you have to look the other way at crooked dealerships. It is hard to believe you can't take away their licenses since they are destroying your image and causing customers to run away in many cases. I do hope that a bankruptcy does occur and the laws can be re-written to give you guys the ability to do something about all those dealerships performing a bate and switch with their customers. For those new to this forum, that means the dealer is telling customers one price over the phone and when you get their they throw out a huge markup and say take it or leave it. Even if you pre-ordered they can keep your order for themselves and markup the price.. Overall it is outrageous and hopefully with a bankruptcy which looks doubtful will happen may be the only way to make the changes necessary to fix these problems.

ahhh! Yes!!! -- I've noticed her eyes! -- very disturbing..........

I was referring to "pricing" -- as to 'crooked' dealerships -- most of what you are referring to (terminating dealerships) is based on STATE Law -- and all 50 states have different laws..... but I remind you that it is more than just GM dealerships with this problem -- in fact if you look at JDPower 'sales and service satisfaction" -- which concentrates ONLY on the dealership experience -- GM is at the top. NOW -- I know we have some bad dealers -- but there are many more out there that go the extra mile for the customer -- ALWAYS inquire before you buy! ALWAYS! -- Saving $100 to buy from a dealer that has a bad reputation is just foolish in my opinion.
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:04 PM   #54
fbodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
We have some excellent dealers represented on this forum......

........What needs to happen is for people to quit shopping at dealers with bad raps. People also need to learn how to know if they are getting into a bad deal before they sign anything. Learn to get up and walk away - and in the process you might want to rattle off some explatives if it makes you feel better..... I have no sympathy for shady dealers.

AMEN AND HALLELUJAH BROTHER!!!!!!

We do have some great dealers on this forum...........

........but you knocked it out of the ballpark with that second part.

It BLOWS MY MIND that people would go to a dealership with a horrible reputation -- get all upset with the dealership -- AND THEN GO BACK BECAUSE THEY SAVED 100 DOLLARS...............ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????

Fastball is absolutely correct!!!!
Old 03-26-2009, 09:05 PM   #55
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
ahhh! Yes!!! -- I've noticed her eyes! -- very disturbing..........

I was referring to "pricing" -- as to 'crooked' dealerships -- most of what you are referring to (terminating dealerships) is based on STATE Law -- and all 50 states have different laws..... but I remind you that it is more than just GM dealerships with this problem -- in fact if you look at JDPower 'sales and service satisfaction" -- which concentrates ONLY on the dealership experience -- GM is at the top. NOW -- I know we have some bad dealers -- but there are many more out there that go the extra mile for the customer -- ALWAYS inquire before you buy! ALWAYS! -- Saving $100 to buy from a dealer that has a bad reputation is just foolish in my opinion.
Which is why you will continue to hear the throngs of people insist ch. 11 is the way for GM to go if that gets them around state franchise laws and lets the company eliminate the dealers it wants to.

I don't want to see GM file ch. 11 personally, but if it helps get rid of the rotten dealers, you know...... if the shoe fits, wear it.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:07 PM   #56
fbodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
I dont think Scott could sit or lay still long enough for a spa/massage. And with all his travels he probable does not want to go anywhere. But I would kick in for a huge plaque or trophy to awknowlege his efforts on behalf of all of us. I think you are on to something here that we SHOULD explore.

No spa or reward for me!

Just drive your Camaros and know that there were a lot of people who put their blood, sweat, and tears into them!

(..............on the other hand, perhaps we COULD work something out with that boot idea.............)