Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-17-2009, 07:09 PM   #43
Fogey

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS A6, IOM
Starting to see a few on LA lots

Selling OK I think., but not like popcorn. Other than a few dealers with their heads up their butts, most are selling at MSRP
Fogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 07:18 PM   #44
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Can't keep them on the lots here. Called a few out of state. $3k over MSRP for V6 and $5k over for V8. A little steep for me..
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 07:20 PM   #45
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9c1ny View Post
Where I live I have seen 3 seperate V6 Camaros sitting on the dealers lots for weeks now all at different dealerships, all at msrp

Anyone else see them lingering on the lots where they live?
Most of the Camaro's sitting on the lots are being sold at $5,000-$10,000 over msrp here in Florida.. That is why they aren't selling very fast..
Old 06-17-2009, 07:32 PM   #46
Spaceballone

Drives: 1992 Custom RS, 2006 Civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider View Post
Really??? Read a few more signatures on this site. V6 = LS, 1LT, 2LT. Its not as demanded as the V8, but I wouldn't go so far as to say "no one really wants the V6".
i think the last stats released show 2ss 1ss out producing v6....im not saying its bad to get a v6 1lt , im just saying from all the orders v6 is down in demand....i love all of them! hell half the day i drive a v4..lol
Spaceballone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 07:36 PM   #47
Spaceballone

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilKnightFalcon View Post
Um might wanna do a little research before making a statement like that. V6s account for approximately 60% sales.
http://www.ridelust.com/over-6k-2010...acco-imminent/

this is what i am going off of....
Old 06-17-2009, 07:53 PM   #48
DCJ

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
I called 3 dealers in my area 2 weeks ago when I decided to finally place one on order. First dealer told me he had a Black one and and I race over and it's yellow....he lied to me to get me in the door. Pathetic and of course I told him so! Second dealer tried to tell me that he would sale me one at 2K over list. I then ask why would I pay 2K over list when I can go to the other dealer here and pay sticker. He says hold on and came back and said he would sale it at sticker. What he did not realize is..... that he lost a customer. That same day, I went to the other dealer that was the most friendly to me and I came home with this V6 2LT RS and paid Sticker

Their words were "we are going to sale them at sticker as it is the right thing to do"

I have since placed another order with them for a 2SS RS V8 now that my wife as taken over the V6. So if the original dealers would have done their job and not been greedy.....one of them would have had 2 sales and probably gained me as a customer for life. Customer service is a lost art these days.

I told the dealer that I bought from before I went over....I know I am going to pay sticker and I expect for you to give me the best customer service possible. Each dealer knows that you don't have to buy from them. The greed out there is horrible

The Camaro is nice but there is no reason for some of these dealers to try and stick it to people over sticker, especially when most are special order and they can cherry pick their dealer

Some dealers maybe holding on to at least one at all times for people to view for more orders. I know I was not going to order one until I at least saw it in person. It also almost took me signing the papers to test drive the one I own now. If these dealers are asking 5 to 10k over list, I can see why it would just sit there.

Don
Madison, MS
Old 06-17-2009, 07:58 PM   #49
Spaceballone

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCJ View Post
I called 3 dealers in my area 2 weeks ago when I decided to finally place one on order. First dealer told me he had a Black one and and I race over and it's yellow....he lied to me to get me in the door. Pathetic and of course i told him so! Second dealer tried to tell me that he would sale me one at 2K over list. I then ask why would I pay 2K over list when I can go to the other dealer here and pay sticker. He says hold on and came back and said he would sale it at sticker. What he did not realize is..... that he lost a customer. That same day, I went to the other dealer that was the most friendly to me and I came home with this V6 2LT RS and paid Sticker

Their words were "we are going to sale them at sticker as it is the right thing to do"

I have since placed another order with them for a SS2 RS V8 now that my wife as taken over the V6. So if the original dealers would have done their job and not been greedy.....one of them would have had 2 sales and probably gained me as a customer for life. Customer service is a lost art these days.

I told the dealer that I bought from before I went over....I know I am going to pay sticker and I expect for you to give me the best customer service possible. Each dealer knows that you don't have to buy from them. The greed out there is horrible

The Camaro is nice but there is no reason for some of these dealers to try and stick it to people over sticker, especially when most are special order and they can cherry pick their dealer

Don
Madison, MS
yah man i feel you. I feel bad for everyone who gets hit by this wave of gouging but i think it is calming down a bit (i could be wrong) i am just happy it all worked out for you.
PS. Is giving you wife a ruffie against the law or just morally wrong? If not it will help with the hogging of the car...one or 2 should do she will be out for the count and best part is she won't remember anything....lol

grats again
Old 06-17-2009, 07:59 PM   #50
StuMac

Drives: 2010 CMG 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceballone View Post
So wait, did you just reference an article that got it's sales data from Camaro 5? I think they're referring to our "what did you order" poll, which would be enthusiast numbers.

Cyber gray!
StuMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 08:02 PM   #51
Spaceballone

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuMac View Post
So wait, did you just reference an article that got it's sales data from Camaro 5? I think they're referring to our "what did you order" poll, which would be enthusiast numbers.
i see, trying to search for more current data... anyone got current number (actual) ??
Old 06-17-2009, 08:09 PM   #52
mikenmar

Drives: Camaro 1LT
I wouldn't be surprised if the first several thousand were mostly V8s -- again, that is the enthusiast element there. But after the first ten thousand or so, I'd bet that most are V6s.
mikenmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 08:17 PM   #53
Spaceballone

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9c1ny View Post
Where I live I have seen 3 seperate V6 Camaros sitting on the dealers lots for weeks now all at different dealerships, all at msrp

Anyone else see them lingering on the lots where they live?
I understand that in the long run v6 (may) / (may not) out sell the v8, but i was responding to the OP's question. He wanted to know why v6's were on the lot, and the bulk of buyers are enthusiast's so the v8 are out selling the v6's ATM
Old 06-17-2009, 08:20 PM   #54
DCJ

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenmar View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if the first several thousand were mostly V8s -- again, that is the enthusiast element there. But after the first ten thousand or so, I'd bet that most are V6s.
If the 2010 Camaro will get mass produced, the V6 will far exceed the V8 in sales I think. Special orders the V8 may win out. The V6 is sooooo the perfect daily driver for a sports car Man you get the luxury of power, looks, gas mileage, and price. That is hard to beat. I mean the V6 Camaro is getting better gas mileage than cars like the Accord and Camry....selling at the same or better price and still boasts awesome power at 304 HP. Best of both worlds. I have the V8 on order but my wife is driving the V6 for a daily. The V8 for me will be a secondary vehicle

Don
Old 06-17-2009, 08:25 PM   #55
z06invb

Drives: 2001 Chevy Corvette Z06
All Camaros here are running 2.5 to 6k over sticker even a used 2LT at 5 k over. I have not seen them move at all.
z06invb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 08:29 PM   #56
Rockies4

Drives: PT Cruiser 02
There is a dealer in town with one on the lot because he has it (2LT) priced at $7,500 over sticker.

Rockies4 is offline   Reply With Quote