Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 09-12-2013, 12:07 AM   #99
Magilla gorilla

Drives: 2012 45th Edition 2LT RS,2005 Tahoe
I was leaving work after working the night shift remodeling the Lansing
Mall in Lansing MI. When someone asked me if I heard that an airplane hit the world trade center, I thought it was a small plane, went home watched the news and was in shock as I was watching the first tower burning, then. As I sat there in shock watching the news the 2nd plane hit the 2nd tower.

Sat there all day watching the news, saw both towers fall and heard about the other planes, sat there in disbelief this was happening, very sad day!!!
Magilla gorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:45 AM   #100
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
I was asleep. Was wroking nights at a restaurant and had mkved in with my dad following his second divorce. He came into my room and said "bad things have happened today." I immediately looked around for my dog, we lived on a busy street and up until that moment I guess the worst thing that i could have imagined happening was my dad let her out and she'd been run over. How about that for perspective.

That was between the two towers being hit. I made to the TV in time to watch the second one live. My perspective has changed a little since then for sure.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:16 AM   #101
Camaro_SS_323
NativeStreetMachine

Drives: 2013 Red 1LE
I was in 6th grade doing math problems. Then my teacher brings in a TV cart and we watch it all happen on the news.
Camaro_SS_323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:20 AM   #102
Khmero215

Drives: Victory Red 2SS
I was in 1st period American History class. Didnt really realized the impact of what just happened. Proud to be an American
Khmero215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:24 AM   #103
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
I was a sophmore in HS. Heard about it in homeroom.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:00 AM   #104
Switchin2Chevy

Drives: Currently 2015 Mustang GT manual.
I was actually in between classes at college as a freshman in Virginia Beach. The campus was walking distance to my house. So after I got in the house, I turned on the TV to watch CNN as I usually did. This was after the first plane hit the tower. I was thinking to myself that some idiot lost control of the bird and put it in to a building. A few minutes later, I watched the second plane hit and knew that something was very wrong. My Aunt called to tell me what was going on. My Mom was at work at the Family Services Center at NAS Oceana and I called her, she hadn't heard. Shortly after that, my Dad called the house. He was actually in the Med or close to it on the USS Bataan. He rarely called cause you know, he was deployed. He said that we needed to stay away from the bases just in case and if it got crazy to leave down. We lived pretty close to Oceana. To this day, me brother and I talk about how we were just taking pictures of the towers just the week earlier. Very sad. NEVER FORGET...!
Switchin2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:06 AM   #105
Tmick5jr
Todd

Drives: 2012 Camaro
first grade. just remember teachers freaking out and then everyone huddling around a tv
Tmick5jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:07 AM   #106
jdub-23

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
I was at Barksdale A.F.B. working in the Quality Assurance office. A co-workers wife called and told him what was happening so we turned on the tv as the second plane was about to hit. At the time we were in the middle of a Nuclear Operational Readiness Exercise with a flightline full of B-52's locked and loaded. The exercise ended quickly once we got word that the President was going to land at Barksdale to give his speech.
jdub-23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:23 AM   #107
jkchambless
Austin LT

Drives: 1LT - Airaid,JBA Axleback,VMax PTB
I was working from home that day while a crew was installing a new AC unit in my house. I had my office window open and I kept hearing bits and pieces of the reports on the crew's radio. I went out to ask them what they were listening to thinking it was a radio drama like War of the Worlds or something. They told me what was going on and I turned the TV on just in time to see the second plane hit.
jkchambless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:26 AM   #108
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
I was writing a ticket and the driver I pulled over told me about it.
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:28 PM   #109
NYJets77

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Summit White
At the time, I worked on Broad St, right near the NY Stock Exchange. Remember it like it was yesterday. Saw some jumpers. Our conference room was used as a triage center. People covered in dust and dirt walking the streets looking shell-shocked.

We finally left around 1:30pm. Streets were filled with National Guardsman handing out dust masks, 2" of dust and debris everywhere. As we crossed over the Brooklyn Bridge, I saw at least 10 military helicopters coming and going from the South St Seaport, and F-15s flying back and forth every 5-6 mins. Felt like I was in a warzone.

Found out later the a buddy of mine, a firefighter, died. He was one of the ones who was running up the Towers while everyone else was running down. RIP Kenny.
NYJets77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:55 PM   #110
chicagojoe12

Drives: 2013 Summit White 2LS
I was in class (6th grade) teacher got a call and ran out the room and just left us in the classroom. Then came back with a TV and showed the class what was going on. Parents came to pick up their kids cuz there were rumors the sears tower was next. Remember everything like it was yesterday
chicagojoe12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 02:14 PM   #111
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I was at work listening to my radio when a bulletin came on saying a small plane had hit the World Trade Center. I went into the break room and turned on the TV and watched CNN. As soon as I saw the picture if the hole in the side of the building I said that was no small plane. Those stupid reporters kept saying they thought it was a small Cessna.
Everyone in the office watched as the second plane hit and the towers fell. We all knew that war was inevitable.
It was definitely the worst thing we had ever seen.
Old 09-12-2013, 02:21 PM   #112
2nd/5th Gen

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey 2SS/RS
It's was my 25th birthday and my honeymoon. Sitting on a Tarmac in San Antonio after being diverted from going home to Dallas.
Spent a week in cancun...then 12 hours on a plane. Had to take a greyhound home 3 days later.

"If there's a new way, I'd be the first in line, but it better work this time"
2nd/5th Gen is offline   Reply With Quote