Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-24-2012, 11:10 PM   #15
rydahog

Drives: camaro ss
taking it to dealer will do no good, he cant program your garage door from his dealership, you need to be sitting in front of your garage door, push the "learn button" on your garage door,, get off the ladder...walk to your car, get in, push which homelink button you want to open that door, keep it pressed until your garage door light clicks on and off,,release your homelink button,,whaa laaaa! done..repeat for other doors.. hope that helps..
rydahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:45 AM   #16
Hercules

Drives: 13 ZL1 1091, 04 Ram 2500, 12 CX9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO6 Bryan View Post
Dealer is clueless. It's standard equipment on all the ZL1's. Look for it. It's there.
That is why I hate even talking to my dealer. They have been clueless through my entire process from the day I inquired about purchasing a ZL1. I felt is was pretty bad when the salesman said to the owner of the dealership, in a bragging way, that I knew way more about the car then him. Which I felt wasn't that much. If it wasn't for this website, and people like you that are helpful, I'd be totally clueless also.
Hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:50 AM   #17
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro ZL1 #569
Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
I also added it to my Silverado WT. No power windows or door locks, but I have Homelink and Nav screen and system.

I wish I had known, I was in Lancaster a few weeks ago and could have shown you first hand.
Happy_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:38 AM   #18
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
I can confirm that the universal remote system, option UG1 should come standard on the 2013 ZL1.

Universal Remote System Programming

If the vehicle has this feature, you will see these buttons with one indicator light below them in the overhead console. This system provides a way to replace up to three remote control transmitters used to activate devices such as garage door openers, security systems, and home automation devices.

This all starts on page 5-46 in the 2013 Camaro Owner's manual.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 10-25-2012, 12:10 PM   #19
Hercules

I just picked it up about a hour ago, from getting Xpel, and guess what? I have homelink! If it wasn't for this website I would've never known. I would never had pushed the buttons, since my salesman said I didn't have it. Now I am a happy camper again. IT's the little things in life. Thanks to all!

As Forrest Gump once said "Momma always says stupids is as stupid does" .

And apparently I am stupid for believing my salesman, which is stupid. That just goes to show you how much some of our saleman/dealers know.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:50 PM   #20
Bowtie724

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS 2013 ZL1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
My question may sound stupid but I have read that some of you ZL1 owners have the homelink. How did you get it? Do you have the Nav system? My dealer said they don't have them. I just have 3 blank spaces where the buttons should be. I was actually upset it didn't have the system. Now I have to carry two openers in the console. I know I've gotten spoiled with homelink systems before.
I own a garage door company and can help anyone who needs it with programming there home link. Ill prob just make a you tube video. PM me if you need help. But my 2013 with touchscreen (no nav) and a sunroof.
Bowtie724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:52 PM   #21
MYDLIFECRISIS

Drives: '12SS/2SS/45TH-'06 2500HD/Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_Dan View Post
+1

They are also impossible to see in the dark when you shut the car off and the dome light comes on. I have to feel for them.
Can't see them in the SS either when the dome is on...ANNOYING! Glad it's not just me!

MYDLIFECRISIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:36 PM   #22
ZO6 Bryan

Drives: 02 Z06, 95 Trans Am, 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MYDLIFECRISIS View Post
Can't see them in the SS either when the dome is on...ANNOYING! Glad it's not just me!
I do agree they are flat buttons that are over on the passenger side and more difficult to just reach up and feel for than my Trailblazer SS. This is just one little annoyance in an otherwise awesome car. Another one is the sun visor is too small to actually block out the sun. And another is the DIC doesn't return to where I left it when you restart the car.
This is for Brandon at Cust. Service if he's keeping track.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:19 AM   #23
MYDLIFECRISIS

Drives: '12SS/2SS/45TH-'06 2500HD/Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO6 Bryan View Post
I do agree they are flat buttons that are over on the passenger side and more difficult to just reach up and feel for than my Trailblazer SS. This is just one little annoyance in an otherwise awesome car. Another one is the sun visor is too small to actually block out the sun. And another is the DIC doesn't return to where I left it when you restart the car.
This is for Brandon at Cust. Service if he's keeping track.
It's like any other car...you're going to find things as you have it longer that are just a little annoying. But the fact that it is a CAMARO makes all that go away! I don't even think twice about the little annoyances that I come across...I'm just glad others with this car find the same ones.

If something starts to annoy me too much, I just drop the hammer and it all goes away!!

MYDLIFECRISIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:06 AM   #24
Hercules

+1
Old 10-26-2012, 06:57 PM   #25
ZO6 Bryan

Drives: 02 Z06, 95 Trans Am, 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MYDLIFECRISIS View Post
It's like any other car...you're going to find things as you have it longer that are just a little annoying. But the fact that it is a CAMARO makes all that go away! I don't even think twice about the little annoyances that I come across...I'm just glad others with this car find the same ones.

If something starts to annoy me too much, I just drop the hammer and it all goes away!!
Never found anything disagreeable with my C5 Z06.

[Edit] Don't get me wrong. I love my ZL1.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:23 PM   #26
OVERPAR73
2018 Garnet Red ZL1 conve

Drives: 2013 & 2018 ZL1 vert
Why in the hell are these buttons not lit up, really, really hard to find at night when pulling up to my home. I have the button set for my garage door but now I'm going to have to MOD it with some LED's. I've seen one person complete this so far.

Brandon,
Please tell Chevrolet to make this an upgrade for the future cars!!
OVERPAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:02 AM   #27
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERPAR73 View Post
Why in the hell are these buttons not lit up, really, really hard to find at night when pulling up to my home. I have the button set for my garage door but now I'm going to have to MOD it with some LED's. I've seen one person complete this so far.

Brandon,

+1
Old 10-29-2012, 09:37 AM   #28
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERPAR73 View Post

Brandon,
I can definitely document this for you. We appreciate the feedback.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service