Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 01-15-2013, 12:01 AM   #99
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS45th View Post
Hmmm maybe I should, I need to call RPM and find out what they would recommend too.
Call ATI. They make a gen V turbo 400 set up.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:02 AM   #100
2SS45th

Drives: 11 Seconds or Faster
Did he do the spacer? RMCR seems to think that I direct spray of meth in the rotors will give me more boost because of the cooler air temp inside of the housing, but meth is corrosive too.

Thanks for the info, I'll call ATI when I get the chance, trying to sell the Subaru right now too.

2SS45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:06 AM   #101
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Did he do the spacer? RMCR seems to think that I direct spray of meth in the rotors will give me more boost because of the cooler air temp inside of the housing, but meth is corrosive too.

Thanks for the info, I'll call ATI when I get the chance, trying to sell the Subaru right now too.
Yes, Andrew has the spacer.

I direct sprayed meth, it didn't increase the boost. If it worked I could give a shit about corrosiveness. I run straight water through my intercooler. How do you think that's gonna end.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:08 AM   #102
2SS45th

In a nice scrap metal piece

I guess if I can't get the blower to do it, I'll run a direct port nitrous system or something, Dave said he had a few ideas.

Old 01-22-2013, 01:58 PM   #103
Ace1USMC

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS LS3
I'm curious - how are you gonna get this monster to pass emissions up here? Killer build, by the way!

BLESSINGS!
Sam
Old 01-22-2013, 02:32 PM   #104
2SS45th

Well the plan is to lean the fuel trims out, put the stock exhaust manifolds on, and possibly change the cam if necessary. Worst case scenario, I guess I still have the stock motor

Old 01-22-2013, 02:48 PM   #105
Ace1USMC

Ha! That was my plan as well - but I was wondering if you hit on some new way around the emissions test.

I'm currently building a 430" LSX, and going the F2 Procharger route. Are you using the stock differential housing? Aren't you concerned about breaking gears with all the flex associated with the aluminum housing (that is if you hook it up and plant the power)?

I haven't decided on what injectors to go with - what made you decide on the FIC 80# injectors? I was thinking about going bigger, to bring the duty cycle down but still get the flow...what are your thoughts? I went with the ADM Twin Pump as well - but am also installing an external auxilliary pump as well that will be boost-referenced. The in-tank twins are usually only good to about 700 rwhp. Past that, you are running the risk of running the motor lean.

Would love to meet up with you and compare notes, see what you are doing - as basically, I'm doing a very similar build. And I'm more than happy to lend a hand as you need. Please lemme know if I can offer you any help or an extra set of hands.

BLESSINGS!
Sam
Old 01-22-2013, 03:05 PM   #106
2SS45th

I'm not too worried about the rear end because JRE told me that was what I would need, should I have to get a 9" I guess I'll go ahead and get one, but thought if give this one a try. I went with the 80lb injectors because I only need my motor to produce 750-780whp, same with the twin pump. I have a wet shot of nitrous, so I can feed the extra power with that fuel, using a dedicated fuel system there. So I think I'll have fueling covered.

I'd be in to see what both of us are doing, and same to you if you need a hand with something. What transmission are you using?

Old 01-22-2013, 03:50 PM   #107
Ace1USMC

We're thinking so much alike, it's crazy! Like you, I wanna stick with the Tremec 6spd until it proves it's not up to the task. Call me old-school, but I like shiftin' gears! If the Tremec goes out, then I'm gonna run the same transmission I have in my 69 Chevelle - a Jeffco 4spd. If I do wind up running that, then I will also be looking into a Gear Vendors overdrive unit.

I have the G-Force 9" setup in the Camaro currently. I do like it, but I gotta say, the car no longer "feels" like a super quiet, new, nice car. The Strange S-Case and gears do make a little more noise, and the ride isn't quite as smooth and quiet as it used to be when she was new - probably due to all the new suspension components and bushings as well.

So where are you at currently with your build? I'm still piecing together all the motor pieces, so my car is currently running. Here's a couple links...

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=3aefbcda7c

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=36b2e4ad55

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=7e40c66d93

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=44e28f0f23

The beautiful thing is that I've been blessed with a lift in my garage, so doing this stuff is so much easier with a lift!

I hope to be able to meet you soon!

BLESSINGS!
Sam
Old 01-22-2013, 06:12 PM   #108
2SS45th

My motor is shipping this week, so I hope to have it buttoned up by the beginning of March, as in fully tuned and driving again. After that it will just be the little tweaks here and there. I have also had access to a lift, perk of working for a dealership. My car has been down since the beginning of November, so I've pretty much forgotten what it feels like to drive it

Old 01-23-2013, 07:35 PM   #109
2SS45th

Motor ships tomorrow!!

Old 01-23-2013, 08:07 PM   #110
porkrind
Unapologetically American

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 M6

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-23-2013, 08:08 PM   #111
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Quote:
Motor ships tomorrow!!
Mail order horsepower
Old 01-24-2013, 12:35 AM   #112
Ace1USMC

Quote:
Motor ships tomorrow!!
Is it a crate motor - or are you building it up from a bare block? What are the specs on the camshaft you're going with? Since I'm saving my original LS3 for emissions, I wanna go radical on the camshaft, and will probably run a solid roller cam. I don't mind hatching out the feeler gauges every now and then.