Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

View Poll Results: Do you still want Z28?
I'll take Z28 over ZL1 any day! 85 32.69%
Nah - ZL1 suits me just fine 132 50.77%
I'll wait for Z28 until the 6th Generation comes out 43 16.54%
Voters: 260. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2011, 03:31 PM   #71
coinoperated

Drives: camaro
zl1 was a bust back in the day and will be in 2012 sad to say

bring back the z28
coinoperated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:46 PM   #72
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by coinoperated View Post

bring back the z28
1/2 your posts so far are nothing but negativity. It's getting seriously old. If you can't post something constructive, perhaps you should consider posting somewhere else.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:00 PM   #73
coinoperated

Drives: camaro
just stating facts son just so happens its negitive sorry get over it move on and by the looks get a job instead of being forum police
coinoperated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:31 PM   #74
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
First of all "Dude", you are absolutely free to believe whatever fairy tale you want to believe! The 2010 Camaro was only shown as a prototype at the Detroit Auto Show in Jan. 2006, with no real plans for production, I don't think it was even given the green light for production until sometime in late 2006 or early 2007, so to even think that it would be released in 2008 is far beyond reality and borders on stupidity. I don't care if there have been deals between SLP and GM in the past, I don't care if you looked at the specs, sat in ten thousand of them, or got all of the ZL1 facts at a GM display at an auto show, or if there have been 2000 deals between SLP and GM in the past, the 2012 ZL1 is going to be a GM product through and through and SLP will no longer be making ZL1s, it's just that simple. And yes the current ZL1 is an SLP product, that much we all know, the 2012 ZL1 will not be an SLP product, the 2012 ZL1 is what is being discussed in this thread and not the current 2011 SLP ZL1. So I fully intend to stop responding to your continued ranting and delusions, if that's what you want to believe, then far be it for me to hinder that.
Clyde
"And yes the current ZL1 is an SLP product, that much we all know."

That was my point to begin with. I love winning "debates" with facts, you like winning rants with "thoughts", and dillusional fairly tales of what might be in 2012.
Do your research, there are virtually thousands of announcements and reviews of the 2008 Camaro all over the internet with GM themselves "quoted" as to saying the 2008 Camaro will start to build in mid-to-late 2007 ready for the market in early 2008. Instead of looking up intelligent words in the dictionary to post in forums to add credibillity to your useless information spend a few moments doing research to backup your moronic blabbering.
This just further proves my point that if there is going to be a GM ZL1 product offering, we'll have to wait and see as there are numerous "hyped" up announcements of a 2008 Camaro that never came to fruition until 2010.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:33 PM   #75
UCI CamaroFan
Zot!

Drives: Toyota 4Runner
2 words: weight reduction

But, weight reduction may hard to achieve because the car is just so damn big
Old 02-24-2011, 04:46 PM   #76
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28 Autobot View Post
Somebody get FBodyfather in here to set the record right..

there is a lot of smoke being blown around here in the last few posts..

I just love this "its not a real ZL1..yada yada yada..because its yada yada yada.."
Fact: SLP owns the name ZL1 for 2011.
Fact: Camaro is the car it is made from.
Fact: the SLP ZL1 cost a lot more $$$!
Fact: the GM ZL1 cost a lot less $$$!
Fact: the '11 SLP ZL1 has a lot more HP!
Fact: the '12 GM ZL1 has a lot less HP!
FACT: the 2011 SLP product IS a ZL1 Camaro!
FACT: the 2012 GM product IS a ZL1 Camaro!
So, what's the point of a GM ZL1 again? Seems useless if it's going to be "a lot" less powerfull. Don't they already have those less powerfull versions below the SS? Didn't know that. Just seems pointless now.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:53 PM   #77
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
just stating facts son just so happens its negitive sorry get over it move on and by the looks get a job instead of being forum police
What facts? I know there were some initial block problems where I think the #7 cylinder wasn't too happy, and Reggie Jackson actually had a ZL-1 block repaired for his car. I'm sorry - a car that was running bottom 13s completely stock and 11s with a good tune-up and a couple bolt-ons doesn't sound like a FAIL to me. Sure - it doesn't have the rich heritage of Z28, however, that motor was high-tech at the time.

BTW - I am the Forum police and it is my job

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:38 PM   #78
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
"And yes the current ZL1 is an SLP product, that much we all know."

That was my point to begin with. I love winning "debates" with facts, you like winning rants with "thoughts", and dillusional fairly tales of what might be in 2012.
Do your research, there are virtually thousands of announcements and reviews of the 2008 Camaro all over the internet with GM themselves "quoted" as to saying the 2008 Camaro will start to build in mid-to-late 2007 ready for the market in early 2008. Instead of looking up intelligent words in the dictionary to post in forums to add credibillity to your useless information spend a few moments doing research to backup your moronic blabbering.
This just further proves my point that if there is going to be a GM ZL1 product offering, we'll have to wait and see as there are numerous "hyped" up announcements of a 2008 Camaro that never came to fruition until 2010.
So are you quoting websites like this article at Top Speed.com:

"2008-2009 Chevrolet Camaro
Combining dramatic design and exciting performance, the Chevrolet Camaro Concept recaptures the spirit of one of the most popular sport coupes of all time and redefines the Camaro for new generations of fans.

The Camaro Concept embodies the performance and passion that have made first-generation Camaros some of the most sought-after collector cars, updating the formula with a fuel-efficient powertrain, sophisticated chassis and contemporary design execution. The goal is to make the sport coupe relevant to younger enthusiasts while retaining its appeal to its current fans.

"Millions of people of all ages fell in love with the Camaro for all of the right reasons," said Ed Welburn, General Motors vice president, global design. "Camaros were beautiful to look at and offered performance that could rival expensive European GTs. Yet they were practical enough to drive every day and priced within the reach of many new car buyers."

The long hood, short deck and wide stance of the Camaro Concept leave no doubt that it is a serious performance car. Those looks are backed up by a 400-horsepower aluminum small-bock V-8, a six-speed manual transmission, and a sophisticated chassis with four-wheel independent suspension.

Though only a show car at this point, the Camaro Concept is intended to explore customer reaction to design and engineering elements that might lead to an all-new version of the Camaro."

Please note that it says only a show car at this point to explore customer reaction....... that "might" lead to an all new version of the Camaro.

Or perhaps this one:

"Review
Csaba Csere, editor-in-chief, interviews Tom Peters, Camaro design director, during a day of driving this hot concept at GM's proving grounds.
BY TONY QUIROGA
June 2006

Five months have passed since the Camaro concept made its debut. GM has paid attention to the industry's reaction and given the journalist community its first drive of this hot coupe. Have you been wondering what inspired the comeback, or when it might be put into production? If you have, then click on our video icon above to see that and more.

Some of the most important and captivating debuts of the Los Angeles and Detroit auto shows came from beleaguered automaker General Motors. Chevrolet's Camaro, GM's long-awaited response to the successful 2005 Ford Mustang, arrived at the Detroit show in concept form. Officially, the Camaro is only a design exercise to gauge public reaction, but we believe this pony car is on the fast track to production."

You'll note the date June 2006 and it is still listed as a show vehicle to gauge customer reaction, they "think" it is on the fast track to production. Now lets see......from show vehicle to production in under 18 months (2008).....I don't think so.

So perhaps your "reality" is a little skewed, not that it really matters to me. I know what I believe and that is all that is important to me.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:17 PM   #79
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
So are you quoting websites like this article at Top Speed.com:

"2008-2009 Chevrolet Camaro
Combining dramatic design and exciting performance, the Chevrolet Camaro Concept recaptures the spirit of one of the most popular sport coupes of all time and redefines the Camaro for new generations of fans.

The Camaro Concept embodies the performance and passion that have made first-generation Camaros some of the most sought-after collector cars, updating the formula with a fuel-efficient powertrain, sophisticated chassis and contemporary design execution. The goal is to make the sport coupe relevant to younger enthusiasts while retaining its appeal to its current fans.

"Millions of people of all ages fell in love with the Camaro for all of the right reasons," said Ed Welburn, General Motors vice president, global design. "Camaros were beautiful to look at and offered performance that could rival expensive European GTs. Yet they were practical enough to drive every day and priced within the reach of many new car buyers."

The long hood, short deck and wide stance of the Camaro Concept leave no doubt that it is a serious performance car. Those looks are backed up by a 400-horsepower aluminum small-bock V-8, a six-speed manual transmission, and a sophisticated chassis with four-wheel independent suspension.

Though only a show car at this point, the Camaro Concept is intended to explore customer reaction to design and engineering elements that might lead to an all-new version of the Camaro."

Please note that it says only a show car at this point to explore customer reaction....... that "might" lead to an all new version of the Camaro.

Or perhaps this one:

"Review
Csaba Csere, editor-in-chief, interviews Tom Peters, Camaro design director, during a day of driving this hot concept at GM's proving grounds.
BY TONY QUIROGA
June 2006

Five months have passed since the Camaro concept made its debut. GM has paid attention to the industry's reaction and given the journalist community its first drive of this hot coupe. Have you been wondering what inspired the comeback, or when it might be put into production? If you have, then click on our video icon above to see that and more.

Some of the most important and captivating debuts of the Los Angeles and Detroit auto shows came from beleaguered automaker General Motors. Chevrolet's Camaro, GM's long-awaited response to the successful 2005 Ford Mustang, arrived at the Detroit show in concept form. Officially, the Camaro is only a design exercise to gauge public reaction, but we believe this pony car is on the fast track to production."

You'll note the date June 2006 and it is still listed as a show vehicle to gauge customer reaction, they "think" it is on the fast track to production. Now lets see......from show vehicle to production in under 18 months (2008).....I don't think so.

So perhaps your "reality" is a little skewed, not that it really matters to me. I know what I believe and that is all that is important to me.
Clyde
Like I said before, my reality is to believe in what I can see and touch. Can't see nor touch rhetoric about a 2012 GM ZL1 Camaro, but I've seen and touched a 2011 SLP ZL1 Camaro. Story over. All the rhetoric in the world can't change that.
And do I believe a corporation like GM "could" tool a facility to produce a vehicle in 18mos. expecially when they already have the blueprints, and 80% of the parts are from other vehicles? You're damn right I do.
Look at the past 18mos.
Suddenly, GM has all kinds of new vehicles and technologies available that weren't even on the horizon when they were begging for taxpayer dollars to keep their asses employed. Not bad for a bankrupt company eh?
Is the GM ZL1 possible? Sure it is. My point numerous threads ago was currently, the ZL1 brand belongs to SLP, that is a fact. Will there be a GM ZL1 and discontinuation of the SLP ZL1 in 2012? Will it be more or less powerfull than the SLP ZL1, I don't know, except for the hype, the devil is in the details, and you nor I know the details.
We just keep beating a dead horse on the head, in my belief simply because neither of us will run from a good fight, and I can't go outside and drive my 475rwhp. SS in the snow, so I'm bored with television, so prefer to jerk around on this forum trying to spark some excitement or do research on my next mod.
I'm sure you'll agree with that statement.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:14 PM   #80
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:

bring back the z28
I would like to hear why you think the 1969/ZL1 was a "bust" back in the day and especially why you think the pending ZL1 will be a bust also.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:59 AM   #81
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Where's the option for "I'll Take Both!"???

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 07:51 AM   #82
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
Naming is not an issue, i'll buy the car coz' it's beautiful and powerful. i'd buy it even if it was an impala
Old 04-13-2011, 11:41 PM   #83
nasa.zl1

Drives: 2011 White Camaro
From what I have read at various websites, they state the z28 should return 18 months After the zl1. That means the zl1 comes out Feb/2012 and therefore expect the z28 Sep/2013. But all just speculation
Old 04-14-2011, 04:37 PM   #84
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
That's kind of unfair to the Z28.

1. We don't know exactly what/when it will be.
2. You really need to combine the 2 Z28 choices for it to be accurate.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote