Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2011 Camaro5 Fest (II)

Old 03-06-2011, 01:31 AM   #1
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Safety requirements at the Fest

I've looked around but can't seem to find information on the requirements for drag racing at the Fest. I know there are NHRA requirements, but I'm wondering how strict they're going to be. I'm afraid there are going to be a lot of fast cars pulled off the track. Can someone post this up?
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:43 AM   #2
CruznSS

Drives: 2SS/RS Camaro ABM - Silver Ralleys
Plan for strict rules to be safe. Better than being told ya can't make a run. They may not be to strict, unless someone puts some paint on a barrier . Think the worst that happened last year was a few break downs at the line. Rules were posted a couple weeks prior to trip. Should be posted soon.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:24 PM   #3
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Pretty sure they will be going by the track rules for insurance reasons.

Its all on the Firebird international raceway web page.

The car needs to be built for safety at its speeds.

Power adders require jacket and helmet
13.99 and under require helmet
11.5 will be helmet jacket and roll bar

I imagine that these simple rules will cause a huge number to bow out or have to lift to be slow enough.. But most of the real fast ones already have all the nhra safety requirements met for their home tracks anyway.

418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:09 PM   #4
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Any recommendations on jackets?
Old 03-07-2011, 09:26 PM   #5
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Rules are there for everyone's safety. That is something you don't want someone to be lax on.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:37 PM   #6
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

Drives: 2010 Silver/Black 2SS/RS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
I was warned to get a racing jacket that is SFI 3.2A/1 rated. I found one online for $80 at OG racing. The jacket I purchased from them is really nice and is light weight so you don't need to worry about getting too hot in it. I will most likely have it in my trunk at Great America this Friday since I'm autocrossing this weekend.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:39 PM   #7
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

These are general NHRA rules out of the NHRA rule book for this year. Most tracks use these guidelines.
Attached Images

Old 03-07-2011, 09:44 PM   #8
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
How about Parachutes, I think Josh is going to need one if he keeps his mod addiction up
Old 03-07-2011, 10:18 PM   #9
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Thanks for all the feedback. I really posted this for everyone else's benefit...not my own.

Drive shaft loop was already on, and my cage and harness were just installed. I'll have all my gear, and even going with thicker studs for the rear wheels.

I just think there are probably a lot of people strapping blowers on their cars that don't even go to the track. I wanted everyone to be aware so they aren't disappointed. You can borrow a helmet, but installing a cage at the Fest would be tough.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:38 PM   #10
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
Are there ladies classes for pure stock LLT? Will she need a helmet?
Old 03-07-2011, 11:57 PM   #11
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
Thanks for all the feedback. I really posted this for everyone else's benefit...not my own.

Drive shaft loop was already on, and my cage and harness were just installed. I'll have all my gear, and even going with thicker studs for the rear wheels.

I just think there are probably a lot of people strapping blowers on their cars that don't even go to the track. I wanted everyone to be aware so they aren't disappointed. You can borrow a helmet, but installing a cage at the Fest would be tough.
Saw your roll bar and it looks awesome, but isn't a minimum of a 5 point required in NHRA?
Old 03-08-2011, 12:07 AM   #12
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUX2BU View Post
Saw your roll bar and it looks awesome, but isn't a minimum of a 5 point required in NHRA?
Yea...I'll have to just take the chance. I'm not putting that bar in my daily driver.

My understanding is unless you're in nationally sanctioned race what I have should be fine. If they are completely anal about every rule at the Fest we'll end up with very few cars running.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:11 AM   #13
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
Yea...I'll have to just take the chance. I'm not putting that bar in my daily driver.

My understanding is unless you're in nationally sanctioned race what I have should be fine. If they are completely anal about every rule at the Fest we'll end up with very few cars running.
Yeah, I seriously thought about doing one in my car but I don't want to lose the back seats. :(
I had a 5 point in my daily driven 98 SS, It wasn't too bad. But I took that car wayyyyyy to far and I keep telling myself I won't do that with this one.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:35 AM   #14
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUX2BU View Post
Yeah, I seriously thought about doing one in my car but I don't want to lose the back seats. :(
I had a 5 point in my daily driven 98 SS, It wasn't too bad. But I took that car wayyyyyy to far and I keep telling myself I won't do that with this one.
What's really cool is that ARD made the center bar removable so I can still use the back seat. I don't use it very often, but it's cool knowing I can.