Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-13-2012, 02:56 PM   #15
orangejuice
H1 OFCR

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
The Reduced Engine Power fault mode only occurs when the ECM sees a major problem. For some reason it cannot control the fuel/spark/throttle properly based on MAF/O2s/Throttle Pos..... Or the engine RPM is way out of whack with what it should be. Not caused by driving hard. Most often accompanied by other fault codes.

I had a car go into limp mode once because I accidently hit the nitrous at idle. The ECM didn't like seeing 6000 RPM acceleration with the throttle closed. It's those kind of things that when way out of whack, trigger limp modes. Often it's a sensor intermittently losing contact, throttle sensor, MAF...

Ata boy
ZL1 Hood/Fascia
AAC Afterburners/Sidemarkers
Havoc Black Chrome
5% Tint/20% Smoked Taillights

orangejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:56 PM   #16
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayscamaro View Post
well i posted here before when i had this problem before.
randomly my car would say engine power reduced and my car wouldnt rev past 2000, pretty much limp mode. first time around they sed my HIDs spiked some module which made no sense because it happened before i even put HIDs in . It has happened again and are ttrying to blame it on my mrt exhaust and HIDS. At one point i felt like hopping over the counter and bodyslamming this snobby old man. if it has happened before i put any mods in how can they blame it on newly acquired mods? what should i do guys?
jayscamaro,

For modified vehicles our warranty information states:
Engine power enhancement products may enable the engine to operate at horsepower and torque levels that could damage, create failure, or reduce the life of the engine, engine emission system, transmission and drivetrain.
Damage, failure, or reduced life of the engine, transmission emission system, drivetrain or other vehicle components caused by aftermarket engine performance enhancement products or modifications can NOT be covered under the vehicle warranty or GMPP plan.

This being said, I did notice that you were experiencing the issues before the modifications were made. Perhaps you could take it to another dealership likes others have suggested. If you need any assistance with this please feel free to contact me via private message.

Best,
Ashley
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 08-13-2012, 02:59 PM   #17
MARINE1991

Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
jayscamaro,

Engine power enhancement products may enable the engine to operate at horsepower and torque levels that could damage, create failure, or reduce the life of the engine, engine emission system, transmission and drivetrain.
Damage, failure, or reduced life of the engine, transmission emission system, drivetrain or other vehicle components caused by aftermarket engine performance enhancement products or modifications can NOT be covered under the vehicle warranty or GMPP plan.

This being said, I did notice that you were experiencing the issues before the modifications were made. Perhaps you could take it to another dealership likes others have suggested. If you need any assistance with this please feel free to contact me via private message.

Best,
Ashley
Yes take it to the dealership....
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:00 PM   #18
jayscamaro
Banned

Drives: 2012 camaro 1LT
thanks everyone. helpful info.
jayscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:02 PM   #19
jayscamaro
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
jayscamaro,

Best,
Ashley
thanks ashley, and i think they modifications iu have on my engine wont do anything to the powertrain they were oprofessionally isntalled and they are nothing compared to what these other guys have on their cars. but thanks again.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:05 PM   #20
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Quote:
thanks ashley, and i think they modifications iu have on my engine wont do anything to the powertrain they were oprofessionally isntalled and they are nothing compared to what these other guys have on their cars. but thanks again.
You should still send her a PM, so they can look into the issue with the dealer. Send her all your info with the VIN and dealer info, let them dig into it further.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:56 PM   #21
jayscamaro
Banned

okay thanks russell
Old 08-13-2012, 05:57 PM   #22
C5RocksC5
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
You said it was doing it before you modded, did you bring the car in for the problem before you started modding? I hope you did. Nonetheless, I still think the service advisor just doesn't want to deal with it..not much commission on warranty work.
C5RocksC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:33 AM   #23
Brutal SS

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Dealer: 'Ahh, well, we don't know what's wrong with your windshield wipers sir... uhh, after further inspection we have determined it's because of those fancy aftermarket valve stem caps. Yeah, that's it!'
Old 08-14-2012, 01:44 AM   #24
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
sounds to me like they're just being pricks. a good service department will at least look at it and find out whats wrong. they may try to make you pay for it claiming your mods caused the problem. but they'll at least look at it.
Sounds to me like they can't figure it out, and are trying to get rid of him because they aren't making any money off the job, and are busy on other cars as well.

A cop out, don't know if the mechanics at this particular dealer work for flat rate but it could have something to do with it.

Seems like they are always rushing warranty work, as long as it runs and drives they want you out of there until the next part they wanna try comes in.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:18 AM   #25
All Star
I'm an Engineer

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Send a message via AIM to All Star
Quote:
If you communicate in real life similar to your typing here, I'm not surprised they are giving you a hard time.

It wouldn't kill anyone to read what you write before clicking "post".

All Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:05 AM   #26
camarozzzz

Drives: Blue
I am not a "car genius" and probably do not know what I am talking about. I would say maybe the fuel pump or fuel line are clogged? Or have something causing occasional obstructions?
camarozzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:09 AM   #27
VenomInside
Just Grazing

Drives: 2003 EB Corvette Z06
I'd go with a different dealer.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert 6MT (Lemon-Sold)
2003 Sonic Blue Cobra 458rwhp/458rwtq (Sold)
1996 Mystic Cobra 455rwhp/400rwtq (sold)
1999 BGC T/A 377rwhp/360rwtq (sold)
2004 Silver Cobra 600rwhp/540rwtq (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
2012 zl1... the new 99 cobra?
VenomInside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:15 AM   #28
mycamaro2011

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Victory Red
Ya, def some of these service reps at the desk have no clue of what they are talking about. Just like whenI went to a Major chevy dealership to have the bushings timed. Rep said he never heard of that, so i said well get the alingment guy then because your not a mechanic
mycamaro2011 is offline   Reply With Quote