Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-18-2008, 10:28 AM   #29
Design1stCode2nd

Drives: four wheels
Or they may be bought by the Chinese (latest rumor).
Design1stCode2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 12:26 PM   #30
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
^that is quite a rumor.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 12:32 PM   #31
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
I guess this makes my decision on getting the vert final. I didn't want the extra weight anyways.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:26 PM   #32
z28collection
waiting for 5th gen

Drives: 99 z28 6 speed, 81 z28 auto
torn

i was waiting on the vert and now dont know what im gonna do. i might just buy the 1st gen ive always wanted and wait for GM and the country to get there crap together. i just dont know how much longer i can wait.

http://www.myspace.com/ashleyjfowlkes
z28collection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:35 PM   #33
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28collection View Post
i was waiting on the vert and now dont know what im gonna do. i might just buy the 1st gen ive always wanted and wait for GM and the country to get there crap together. i just dont know how much longer i can wait.
I have 2 of them. They drive like a livingroom couch on wheels.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:17 PM   #34
z28collection
waiting for 5th gen

Drives: 99 z28 6 speed, 81 z28 auto
1st gen

yea i owned a 69 ss that my dad bought me in highschool it def. doesnt drive like a new one but i need one for my collection so i might just get it first and wait and see whats gonna happen with the world.

http://www.myspace.com/ashleyjfowlkes
z28collection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:24 PM   #35
NSCRFN3

Drives: 2010 Camaro RJT 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28collection View Post
About three years ago that's what I was going to do was get a 1st Gen. But I thought I could spend 30-35k on a 1st Gen and it would still need some kind of work. So why not just get a brand new one for a little more and get exactly what I wanted? But now I can't get what I want because the vert is delayed. :( Then thanks to the good people here I started thinking okay maybe I could do 2 5th Gens. But that's still not what I want. I want a freekin' rag top! I understand all the trouble GM is in these days and I AM sympathic to their plight. It's just very very frustrating as I am sure a lot of you can identify with. So what's one supposed to?
Old 11-27-2008, 10:56 PM   #36
LadiesMan217

Drives: '10 IOM/IO 2SS/RS
Wow, just when I think I can't get a 4 passenger convertible that's fun...

The G37 Convertible pops into my life.

GM has almost driven me to the Infiniti dealership with their delay of the 'vert.
Yeah, it's probably going to be priced higher than I would've spent on a Camaro 'vert...but it's what I really want.

I don't want a Mustang 'vert...and I despise the lines on the BMW 3 Series 'vert (although I like the coupe)...

I really want a Camaro 'vert...but maybe that will have to be later on in life...it looks as if I may go back to the Nissan family.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:26 PM   #37
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
it looks as if I may go back to the Nissan family.
NNNNOOOOoooooo!!!!!

It is a good looking car. I'll give Nissan that. Heck, I like'em and my step mom drives one. But, try to hold out....I know it's already taking forever, but ....or, go buy one and then trade it on for the vert later on!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 01:35 PM   #38
LadiesMan217

Drives: '10 IOM/IO 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
NNNNOOOOoooooo!!!!!

It is a good looking car. I'll give Nissan that. Heck, I like'em and my step mom drives one. But, try to hold out....I know it's already taking forever, but ....or, go buy one and then trade it on for the vert later on!
That's what I think I'm gonna do. I'll just get this to hold me over until the Camaro vert gets released. (I'm not going over to the darkside forever!)
Old 11-28-2008, 04:15 PM   #39
RafCon

Drives: 2004 YZF-R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadiesMan217 View Post
Wow, just when I think I can't get a 4 passenger convertible that's fun...

The G37 Convertible pops into my life.

GM has almost driven me to the Infiniti dealership with their delay of the 'vert.
Yeah, it's probably going to be priced higher than I would've spent on a Camaro 'vert...but it's what I really want.

I don't want a Mustang 'vert...and I despise the lines on the BMW 3 Series 'vert (although I like the coupe)...

I really want a Camaro 'vert...but maybe that will have to be later on in life...it looks as if I may go back to the Nissan family.
I hadn't heard about this car yet and after visiting their website, I requested a catalog. This thing, while not as beautiful as the camaro, would definitely tide me over for a few years... if not longer. This is REALLY nice and I am now seriously considering this too since the camaro vert went on hiatus.
RafCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 02:17 AM   #40
Mustang Buster

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT, 2000 Corvette
Well, I won't be buying a foreign vehicle, that is for sure, never have, and never will...so I may just have to get another Mustang GT Convertible instead. I just don't get GM. Why is it taking so long for them to get the Camaro out in the first place? The new Mustang came out in 2005, and here they are now finally going to get it out as a 2010? Heck, it didn't take GM that long to counter the Mustang the first time around in 1964.5 I thought it was all set to come out after the big appearance in "Transformers" a few years ago?

Secondly, why are they going to delay the convertible? Supposedly it was designed from the start to be a convertible as well, just like the C5 and C6 Corvettes were, so I just can't see why they would want to limit sales by not having it ready. Especially since they have had years to do so. Can you tell I want a vert

I have always been a Chevy guy, Corvettes mostly, and I only by American, so when we had our two kids, I reluctantly sold my C5 Corvette and ordered a 2007 Mustang GT Premium Convertible, since the Camaro was not available. It was a great car, but alas, we got transferred to Kodiak, Alaska (I am a Coast Guard Helicopter Pilot), which is an island with hardly any roads. So because of that, and the lack of a garage in base housing, I sold the Mustang too since I couldn't stand to see it sit out in the snow and freezing rain.

Now I want to order a Camaro for when we return to the lower 48, but it has got to be a vert, so what gives GM?

-Buster
Mustang Buster is offline   Reply With Quote