Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 06:42 PM   #155
Toyaholic
It's a sickness!

Drives: '69 442 Vert
Went through stuff like this with my truck, but I won't get into that right now. The next time I tell the story, it will be to a lawyer.

The dealers get screwed when they work on modified cars. They get started, then GM shoots down the claim...... leaving the dealer with the loss.

The dealer should have had you sign an estimate for the work prior to starting it. Ummmm... I believe it's the law. May want to check this out.

So if the dealer is not getting paid by you or GM, why not cut the loss and tell you to take your car and leave? Chances are, you will not sue. If you do and they loose, then they will have to pay. Where's the incentive for them to fix it and take the loss right away.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:42 PM   #156
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
Isn't his selling dealer a sponsor here? Perhaps some input from them on the situation would be appropriate? Not trying to stir the pot, but they did sell him the car. Obviously they had no part in his vehicle being gutted, then having said guts shoved in the trunk. However the whole issue may have been avoidable if they had stepped up to the plate.

Unless of course if the OP didn't want to bring their car back to the selling dealer, the point is moot.

May I ask the OP: Why did Walters Eckland (The selling dealer if I read correctly) advise you to bring your car to a local dealer? I understand that you are in southern new york? I'm in Central Upstate NY and I think Eckland PA is about a 4 hour trip for me. They should have wanted to handle your problem since you are their customer. They advertise themselves as a "small town dealership' Those types of dealerships NEED repeat customers and good word of mouth advertising to thrive. Unless it was completely unrealistic, or unsafe for you to bring your car back to them it makes no sense to me that they would pass you along to someone else.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:46 PM   #157
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyWife View Post
Holy crap! That's how you got your car back!

I'd be in jail by now....

I agree. That is NOT the way you should get your car back..
Old 04-05-2011, 06:56 PM   #158
Ohio5thgen

Drives: c6 corvette
I never buy modified cars for this reason.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:58 PM   #159
The Beard

Drives: 2013 2SS HWSE M6
Old 04-05-2011, 06:59 PM   #160
Mark Myles

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM / Silver Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
He didn't pay the dealer for anything, which is probably part of why he got his car back in pieces. My point is not only are we only hearing one side of the story, his side of the story presented in his email contradicts statements he posted on this forum.

People are making judgment on what he says when you don't know things like if
1) he told the dealer originally his statement in his post I linked that the gears grinded from when he got the car, so he installed a new aftermarket shifter which made it WORSE.
2) The dealer didn't realize he ended up having a lot more mods than were first visible from the outside including 4.10 gears, a cam, etc, which he in his posts in this thread he said he did after the trans issue at the dealer, but if you read his first post on this forum I linked we find the car was totally modded when he got it, and he was getting the 4.10s installed.
3) He didn't just balk at the dealer and tell them he wanted his car "right now" after authorizing them to do work originally.
4) the dealer may have told him off the bat, the car is modded so we may have to charge you.

I know what he said, but I know hes already left out pertinent facts and contradicted himself. So theres a LOT more to this story, and probably a perfectly good reason the car left the dealer like that.

Finally his $7k figure is very suspect as he mentions clutch etc, meanwhile in his older posts he talks about wanting to do or needing a different clutch etc.

In the end I think theres a good chance this guy got screwed by his selling dealer, whom he should have contacted when problems arose. Instead he brought it to another dealer who as we have determined in other threads has NO inclination to do warranty work on a heavily modded car.

Should they have returned the car in pieces? Probably not, but having personal experience at this dealer I can say they probably had a damn good reason for it.

just my 2 cents.
I must agree that facts were left out in the OP's original post.

M
Old 04-05-2011, 07:03 PM   #161
20Camaro11

Drives: SS
Bad service is bad service. I went through a battle with the dealer I still use today. I wrote a letter to GM similar to the OP describing my grievances with the veiled threat it would be the last GM I ever owned. I was given an apology and the service dept went through a major re-organization. I wasn't the only customer being treated like crap as it turned out. I hope the OP/GM both find a solution amenable to both parties.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:06 PM   #162
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyaholic View Post
The dealers get screwed when they work on modified cars. They get started, then GM shoots down the claim...... leaving the dealer with the loss.
Perfectly fair statement. My dealer made it clear to me right away. They won't even LOOK at it now. They saw the blower and it was over. They were up front and honest. Even with the TSB on the oil pan leak. My leak was there before the blower. I discovered it after I installed the blower and the tuner I took it to saw it.

I went to the dealer just to ask. I told them I put a supercharger on my car but will they still honor the TSB for the oil pan leak. They told me flat out NO. They were professionsal about it at least. And I understood the deal. You do it, you lose it. Simple. I'll do it myself.

And this is my point here in this case. They should have told him up front NO.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:29 PM   #163
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
just another reason for me to stay with the bare minimum bolt ons.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:59 PM   #164
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
My last point is, I know the selling dealer is far away, but why when you started having problems (after only 800 miles ) did you not call them and say WTF? I mean really a car you just bought from a dealer, its one thing if it has a broken piece of trim, but grinding gears etc, after 800 miles! If it was mine, that car would have been back on their doorstep, and in the same respect you should have got the selling dealer involved with the problems right after. Did you ever even call them and say "hey you said my warranty is valid but the local dealer won't accept it!" ???

As I said earlier, who ever sold you the car is the one who shafted you.
Doesnt mean anything man, after the car is sold thats it. I didnt go back to the dealer that sold me my car when my engine blew. Once you sign off the entire car could fall apart and it wouldnt matter. Cars are sold as is, some just have the benefit of warranty.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:02 PM   #165
chd1

Drives: 68rs/69z28/2010 2SSRS-callaway
GTAHVIT IS ON POINT!!!!!
Old 04-05-2011, 08:05 PM   #166
Hoss

Drives: 2004GMC Extended Cab
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Disagreeing respectfully does not equal naysayer..

And furthermore this post of yours proves my point. You don't know... None of us know... So why not let those involved bring us some new data instead of placing blame or speculation of blame on either side of the issue???

GTAHVIT, I can't help getting agitated that the man's car has its transmission in his trunk. These 6 speed manual transmissions have been problems Chevy and other car mfg for more than a few years, but lets put a hold on that thought. That picture and others it speaks volumes of mishandling. The dealer wants storage fees......what do they want him to do with a dismantled Camaro.......charge him $650? I would like for you to see the bill and payment. He probably didn't know what to do with his vehicle.

This Dealer is not going to show his head on this forum. There was less that spectacular handling of this problem. Yes inquiring members would like to hear both sides! It won't happen.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:23 PM   #167
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
That is Bull $hit! Wow man. I'd be pissed. That dealer is a total jerk. I'd be suing them up down and all around. I don't care how long it took.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
Old 04-05-2011, 08:25 PM   #168
adc174

Drives: 2010
i contacted the selling dealer first and explained my problem they told me to bring it to the nearest chevy dealership for service,he explained that it would be pretty expensive to ship the car up to pa, they assured me everything should be covered under warranty. after i went throw this at the local dealership i would have sent it up there if they didnt dismantle the car....all that was on the car when this happened was bolt ons, and my first question to the dealer prior to paying for the car was its covered right, the answer was yes so i went for it.... as for the zr1 cluch i had installed why not the trans was out and in pieces,is there a better time? and while i was at it i had the cam and heads and a tune done....it is a known problem with the tremec, every manuf running these trans had the same problems, the shop that rebuilt is the largest tremec dealer in the world and cert. for the chevy racing team, even they said to me it was bs the way it was handled and the tech who looked at the car had no experiance with these units...have the letter to prove it...
like i keep saying i woulnt have cared if they said we are not fixing this and returned my car (i would have taken another route) but they took it apart with out my permission and told me i had to pay and when i said no they charged me storage and got pissy? not cool, not professional and un called for...we will see what goes on with this.......my lawyer says go to the news, im giving everyone involved a fair chance before i got to that extream

Closed Thread