Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 04:14 PM   #225
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by justa25thTA View Post
So, let me get this straight. I buy a used car from a Chevy dealer and he tells me my factory warrantee is still good. I go to a different dealer and he tells me its not because of after market parts. What after market parts, I say, I didn't know there were any on there and because I was told by the selling dealer my warrantee was good.

You and me may know that the shifter isn't factory, but not all or even most buyers would know, they would take the dealers word for it. And that would surely suck.
Mods were far more than the shifter in this case. LOTS more.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:14 PM   #226
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
So, let me get this straight. I buy a used car from a Chevy dealer and he tells me my factory warrantee is still good. I go to a different dealer and he tells me its not because of after market parts. What after market parts, I say, I didn't know there were any on there and because I was told by the selling dealer my warrantee was good.

You and me may know that the shifter isn't factory, but not all or even most buyers would know, they would take the dealers word for it. And that would surely suck.
I suppose, in that scenario, they would get quite a shock and have to call the selling dealer and fight with them. And I also suppose, that they'd be SOL. If a dealer is gonna lie to you about your car, then they will probably not honor the fictional warranty. Unless they were duped also. But I'm thinking that would be on them. They should have made sure it was good.

Sucks all the way around in that case.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:22 PM   #227
St33lsinger
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 1 RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
I think everyone needs to calm down.

GM Customer Assistance is now involved.

Unless someone accompanied the OP when he bought the car........

-- when he drove the car..........

- when he took it to the dealership in Freeport, NY........

-- and listened in on every conversation, no one else knows the whole story.

We simply DO NOT know the whole story.

And regardless of the final outcome, keep in mind that you STILL will not know all of the details..........

I DO happen to know Mr. Conte and many of his employees - and what I'm reading in this entire post is simply contrary to my experiences with that dealership over the past 20 years and my knowledge of the way they treat their customers...... There IS a Paul Conte - his name is on the building - and he's been involved in community service for many years - and he's a real gentleman.

I am not calling the OP a liar - but I also won't sit back and listen to people absolutely bash this dealer when they don't know all the facts.

Let's let Customer Assistance do their job.........and let's not rush to judgement.
This is what I love about C5.

Where else could you get GM cust service rep and The Fbodfather in one forum much less addressing an members issue. You don't see the other manufacturers doing that.
That shows me that GM does care and C5 is the place to be.

Had: 69' RS, 78' Z28, 98' SS Have: 2010 1RS/SS
Old 04-06-2011, 04:31 PM   #228
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelsinger View Post
This is what I love about C5.

Where else could you get GM cust service rep and The Fbodfather in one forum much less addressing an members issue. You don't see the other manufacturers doing that.
That shows me that GM does care and C5 is the place to be.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:35 PM   #229
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:

Sucks for the customer but dealers are independent businesses. Its not dealer #2's fault that dealer #1 is shady.

Also the OP in this case knew very well his car was modded.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Old 04-06-2011, 06:22 PM   #230
Russ
The Milkman

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Uh, NO they are NOT one in the same. GM does NOT own the dealership. Maybe the rights to sell, but not the dealership.

So if I buy a used Toyota from my local Chevy dealership, I can hold GM responsible for the car? You probably would.

There are many aspects of a dealership that are binding to GM but not all. A delaership is perfectly free to mod any car they want. AND sell it to the customer. HAPPENS ALL THE TIME. Who do you think GTAHVIT takes his blown THR Camaro to if he has engine failure. NOT GM. He takes it back to Tom Henry. Is Tom Henry in good standing with GM? EEEyup. Is Tom Henry liable to fix GTAHVITs car. EEEyup. Is GM gonna cover it? Nope.

Dealers are free to make the deals they want. AND warranty the cars they want. IN whatever way they want. They can't tell GM what to warranty and what not to.

And you must have just wanted to rip my post becasue you didn't read it close enough. I said - "For all we know GM is looking into it" - So I understand that GM has to police their dealers. And I'll say again, maybe they are here. But GM is NOT responsible for this car.
OK, I was to harsh and took it to a personal level. That was wrong and I sincerely apologize. C5 and its members deserve better. PQ, Im sorry.

As far as the point that dealers and GM are not the same:
Financially, i can see that. But, when it comes to a customer, he/she should NEVER have to juggle between the two. If that happens, then their system is broke. There is a reason that dealers must be authorized, isnt there? I just cant fathom in any situation any dealer should act in such a way. Nor can i imagine GM not stepping in QUICKLY to assure no dealer EVER acts this way and retain its authorized status. In what senario is ever OK to return someone vehicle in that way?
When I saw those pics, I was so furious at the idea that a dealer would do that. So much so that when any voice of reason(PQ) came along, I wasnt willing to hear it.

PQ, I hope you or others will not hold this against me.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:43 PM   #231
Alfieboy
Madman

Drives: 2017 1SS
so many know it alls......

amazing.. nobody but the OP and dealer #1 knows what ,or anything about this.....

personally I dont see GM to blame, but dealer #1...I do.. but dealer #2 leaving the tranny like that leaves a sour taste..but reason done so..is unknown...
Old 04-06-2011, 06:57 PM   #232
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
OK, I was to harsh and took it to a personal level. That was wrong and I sincerely apologize. C5 and its members deserve better. PQ, Im sorry.

As far as the point that dealers and GM are not the same:
Financially, i can see that. But, when it comes to a customer, he/she should NEVER have to juggle between the two. If that happens, then their system is broke. There is a reason that dealers must be authorized, isnt there? I just cant fathom in any situation any dealer should act in such a way. Nor can i imagine GM not stepping in QUICKLY to assure no dealer EVER acts this way and retain its authorized status. In what senario is ever OK to return someone vehicle in that way?
When I saw those pics, I was so furious at the idea that a dealer would do that. So much so that when any voice of reason(PQ) came along, I wasnt willing to hear it.

PQ, I hope you or others will not hold this against me.

It's the internet. I will not rest until it is fixed........

It's all good. I, too, thought the tranny in a trunk was very odd. Apperently it isn't. I guess I didn't realize how many people try and pull one over on the dealer and GM.

(again, not directed at the OP)
Old 04-06-2011, 07:00 PM   #233
Mark Myles

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM / Silver Stripes
This thread has the makings of a "Who done it".

It would be interesting to find out if dealers that take in a trade of a known muscle car such as the Camaro, to perform an ECU check for a tune before they try to sell it..? I mean, wouldn't that be prudent for a dealer to check this first..?

M
Old 04-06-2011, 07:02 PM   #234
Hoss

Drives: 2004GMC Extended Cab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
Sucks for the customer but dealers are independent businesses. Its not dealer #2's fault that dealer #1 is shady.

Also the OP in this case knew very well his car was modded.

Rogue Leader, I thought you had one more thing to say about 4 posts ago. Please....I think you are assuming to much! We know you are friends with this second dealership!
Old 04-06-2011, 07:03 PM   #235
PQ
Booooosted.

I guess it would be best to let the thread die, but I think we can learn something from it. I know I have.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:05 PM   #236
MillerTime
Blowin the doors off!

Drives: A 2013 SS RS 6M SR
I've been following this the whole time and I'm just tired of certain individuals saying that the shifter voids the warranty. IT DOESN'T! Yeah yeah yeah, everyone goes back and forth on what constitues a dealership voiding the coverage of a certain part, but I can GUARANTEE you that a correctly installed aftermarket shifter WILL NOT void the warranty on the entire transmission.

Dealer 1 was correct in stating that the warranties stand and dealer 2 should pull their head out of you know where.

I'm glad that the GM Customer Support is doing something on here (but i wouldn't put my money on it) though it seems that he has already gone this route and has reached a dead end.

Good luck to the op and the shitty deal you got man!!

2G1FS1EWXD9163847

Old 04-06-2011, 07:08 PM   #237
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
I've been following this the whole time and I'm just tired of certain individuals saying that the shifter voids the warranty. IT DOESN'T! Dealer 1 was correct in stating that the warranties stand and dealer 2 should pull their head out of you know where.

I'm glad that the GM Customer Support is doing something on here (but i wouldn't put my money on it) though it seems that he has already gone this route and has reached a dead end.

Good luck to the op and the shitty deal you got man!!
How do you know the shifter doesn't?

Maybe it doesn't. I don't know WHAT voided the warranty, but maybe it WAS the shifter? How do we know?
Old 04-06-2011, 07:14 PM   #238
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
Rogue Leader, I thought you had one more thing to say about 4 posts ago. Please....I think you are assuming to much! We know you are friends with this second dealership!
The OP knew his car was modded... if you don't have something constructive to say then don't say anything.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin

Closed Thread