Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-16-2011, 03:40 AM   #29
steeleshark2

Drives: 2010 Transformer 1SS Camaro
Sounds like a lot of awesome and reasonable officers in here!! Thank you for your public service!!
steeleshark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 05:24 AM   #30
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeleshark2 View Post
Sounds like a lot of awesome and reasonable officers in here!! Thank you for your public service!!

You are definitely welcome and yes the cool cops definitely reside on here
Old 04-16-2011, 05:29 AM   #31
Lightrider

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 Hurst Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro4Life2011 View Post
meant jamming original post changed accordingly thanks pnyklr

still hoping for some raw info on how common laser is :/

I've been driving from PA into Clinton NJ for the last 10 years or so, I've NEVER had the laser warning pop up on my detector.

For the most part, I've found both Hunterdon and State cops in NJ leave their Ka band on all the time. Very infrequently will they 'instant on' individual cars.
Lightrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 05:33 AM   #32
Lightrider

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 Hurst Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood2010 View Post
I am an officer in Ohio and almost exclusively use laser. Just remember if i stop you and see a radar/laser detector then you will get a ticket. The reason is, I consider it a game at that point. You try to see how fast you can go and not get caught, and I try to see how fast I can catch you going.

hehe.. Thanks for verifying that for me, I've always kinda figured that. Pretty difficult to say to the officer I appreciate any break you can give me when I have a detector sticking to my windshield.

Stay safe Hollywood!
Lightrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 07:52 AM   #33
Hollywood2010

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
anytime any of you are in ohio near cleveland, gimmie a holler and come and do a ride along. I'll show you exactly the speeds we get on the highway and how it looks from "the other side."
Old 04-16-2011, 08:02 AM   #34
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERHAWK View Post
20 over? Any NC Officers have that policy
Ha, probably not too many. I've heard that VA and NC are pretty strict. Hell at 10 over around here I'd have to pull over half the cars on the road. They pass me even in a marked car between 5-10 over on a multi-lane road. And as long as you are nice and the speed is below 30 over I knock everything down to 5 over so its the min fine and points. 30 over here is a mandatory suspension. Once you get to 40 over then I don't knock it down at all. At that speed you better be bleeding out and trying to get to the ER.[/QUOTE]
We need more reasonable minded cops like you and Hollywood imo, Not trying to kiss up I just hate that we live in a police state and everyine is afraid of the police. Its nice to know that we dont have to be afraid of all of them (referring to you two).
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 08:06 AM   #35
Hollywood2010

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Old 04-16-2011, 09:25 AM   #36
Scottishgames
Suck'n Gas And Haul'n Ass

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS - 1936 Chevy Streetrod
If you get caught speeding, doint WAHH about it.
Think of all the times you got away with it.
Scottishgames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:37 AM   #37
Splitter
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 RRM 1LT/RS A6
Good info thread.

Thanks all.
Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:51 AM   #38
Scottishgames
Suck'n Gas And Haul'n Ass

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS - 1936 Chevy Streetrod
Quote:
sorry should have specified. yes if I stop you for speeding and you have the laser/radar detector chances are you're going to get a ticket. Unless you're in a Camaro, then we'll probably BS about how fast we have gone. Also keep in mind that i work the highway alot where the speed limit is 65mph, and I wont even look up unless you are doing over 80mph. I think that is a pretty big cushion compared to troopers and some other officers I know.
Another tip:
If you have a "Get out of jail card" (FOP Card) Doint even bother to give it to a State Trooper. I'v had them say "So What" when I'v flashed my shield.
Scottishgames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 10:41 AM   #39
Mark Myles

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM / Silver Stripes
Quote:
sorry should have specified. yes if I stop you for speeding and you have the laser/radar detector chances are you're going to get a ticket. Unless you're in a Camaro, then we'll probably BS about how fast we have gone. Also keep in mind that i work the highway alot where the speed limit is 65mph, and I wont even look up unless you are doing over 80mph. I think that is a pretty big cushion compared to troopers and some other officers I know.
You're my hero....lol.

I agree that most LEO's I've encountered will also write a ticket if a detector is found. This is the exact reason why I do not own one...I feel like your "pissing in the wind" having one.

I set the cruise anywhere from 5 - 10 mph over the limit and let the chips fall where they may. Plus, I believe in being courteous to LEO's when they do spin around to pull me over. I pull over and wait for them. I also have my info ready for them when they walk up. I guess a person could try to shovel a bunch of bullshit on the LEO as to why they were speeding, but why..?

Now that I'm older, I really don't care if I get a ticket or not..lol. But I don't drive like a dumb ass either.

Last ticket was in 1997....and the LEO tried to talk himself out of writing me that one. Just be respectful and not a smartass.

M
Mark Myles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 10:51 AM   #40
Ten33

Drives: 2011 2LT RS CGM
I also use a laser, along with everyone other officer on my shift. Like previously said, if I see the detector, more than likely its going to be a ticket at that point. The laser detector only tells you u were caught by the time it goes off, lol. However, with that said, I do tend to show some "discretion" to my fellow Camaro drivers...
Ten33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 10:59 AM   #41
Mark Myles

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM / Silver Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten33 View Post
I also use a laser, along with everyone other officer on my shift. Like previously said, if I see the detector, more than likely its going to be a ticket at that point. The laser detector only tells you u were caught by the time it goes off, lol. However, with that said, I do tend to show some "discretion" to my fellow Camaro drivers...
LOL....you make the short list too!!..

M
Mark Myles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:04 AM   #42
highmark
Burnin out!

Drives: Sick SS
I have a val 1 and it won't save you from laser, it will go off right when your nailed(too late). I have a laser jammer that will jam his signal enough for you to slow down and turn it off, then his next signal you won't be speeding. It also acts as a front end parking aid.If he still pulls you over the argument begins. He could estimate your first speed and give you a ticket anyway, or give you the tinted window ticket to make your life miserable for "beating" the laser.I also have a Cheeta C50 for red light /speed cams. Game on.
highmark is offline   Reply With Quote