Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 02-23-2011, 10:16 PM   #267
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krate View Post
OK I am going to have a tough time typing this one out because I am still in shock after my arrival at home this evening. The last couple of days at work have been somewhat stressful. I won't go into the details but lets just say it has been tough. So, today when I arrive home there is nobody here and it is so quiet you can hear a pin drop.

I walk into the kitchen and see a large manilla colored merchandise mailer on the counter and I am thinking to myself..."what did the wife buy"? Then it donned on me that I bought some Camaro5.Com window stickers. But I figured that wasnt it because the package was too large.

I walk over and pick up the envelope and read it. I see it is addressed to me. I notice it has special shipping instructions and a postmark from Canada. Whitby, Canada to be precise. I am scratching my head trying to remember someone in Whitby... then I notice a familiar name... "M. Judge" on the return address.

I have exchanged some PMs with Mr. Mike Judge (aka Super 60) on this site. From those I realized what a neat guy he is. For those that don't know him, he is a supervisor at the Oshawa production facility. That really makes this package even more intriquing.

I feel myself starting to get sweaty palms. I gingerly open the package and look in to find one of the now famous 11" x 14" hand signed (by the crew that built Orange Krate and all his relatives!) and individually numbered (#182) lithographs that Mike has become known for giving to selected Camaro5 members. I was absolutely stunned to receive this. And it couldn't have come at a better time.

I became a bit flushed and teary eyed (I thought I was macho...don't tell anyone!!!) as this is one of the nicest treasures I have ever received. I just stood there staring and saying... "YES" "YES" "YES". I couldn't wait for Erica to come home and show her. Accompanying the lithograph were two short but very meaningful documents. One explains the litho and the other a personal note from Mr. Mike Judge.

Mike, I can't say thank you enough for this wonderful surprise and gift. I cherish this very much and needless to say it shall be maintained along with Orange Krate as long as I am on this planet. This is a true treasure and I am honored to receive it.

Along with Mike, the men and women of Oshawa who work so hard building these superb vehicles really put their heart and souls into these cars and you can feel that every time you turn over the ignition and hear these babies roar to life.

As soon as I can get to the store I will be buying an appropriate frame and hanging these in a most conspicuous place in my office... I mean after all the lithograph photo is of an IOM Camaro and that is the BEST color right? LOL

Thanks again Oshawa Crew and thanks again Mr. Mike Judge! You are without a doubt one fine gentleman, and please know many of us at this site, and in the Camaro family as a whole, really appreciate all you do for all of us.

Bro, from the recipient of # 175, Congratulations. I truly understand the emotions you experienced, You are very deserving of this...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:45 PM   #268
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Bro, from the recipient of # 175, Congratulations. I truly understand the emotions you experienced, You are very deserving of this...
Hey brother thanks so much for your vote of confidence. I just want to be worthy and live up to the standards set by so many of these good people on Camaro5. There are truly some outstanding individuals at this site, yourself included. I am looking forward to personally meeting so many members of this site that I have exchanged communication with. Take care and be safe!

Jim

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:56 PM   #269
Mrs.TAG
Camaro5 Store Goddess

Drives: 2012 Lowered Tahoe LTZ
Send a message via AIM to Mrs.TAG Send a message via Skype™ to Mrs.TAG
Quote:

PS - Special thanks to Dana at the Camaro5 store for the quick turn around of the decals. I love the quality.
You are very welcome! Your car looks awesome, btw!
Old 02-24-2011, 07:54 PM   #270
Lycanine

Drives: 2011 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
Orange Krate, you're an inspiration to this entire community! I found your thread awhile back and you gave me the spark to start my own Btw, nice find on the bubblegum cigars!
Thanks for sharing your memories with us
Old 02-24-2011, 10:17 PM   #271
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Smile THANK YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanine View Post
Orange Krate, you're an inspiration to this entire community! I found your thread awhile back and you gave me the spark to start my own Btw, nice find on the bubblegum cigars!
Thanks for sharing your memories with us
Lycanine... thank you so much for your kind words. I have never really been into blogging, social networking etc. But...this site is different and it is one URL where almost everyone has the same core interest... our beloved Camaros!

Again, thanks for following my thread and thank you for your kind words. Not everyone is into my sort of thread. But honestly, I have owned the hot rods, done the drag racing etc. I still love the sport and all the trappings that go with it, but I also appreciate owning one fine automobile that is a legend in the making. As a stock car it is awesome looking, drives great and has appeal at all levels. Chevrolet hit a homerun with this car when they needed it the most.

Our friends in Canada are so awesome in the love and attention to detail they put into each of these works of art as they roll down the assembly line and out the door. I think about these hearty people when I watch the weather reports and how they still show up to work and keep on cranking out these beauties!

Cheers to you and our extended Camaro5 family!

Simi Valley, CA
Old 02-25-2011, 07:02 AM   #272
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Jim,
I follow your thread as I am subscribed to it. As a fellow member of the Litho Club #24 I completely understand your thought and feeling. I was as stunned as anyone since I am just a simple guy from Alabama not some bigwig, but I guess that is what makes this car more than just a "Car"

I follow alot of threads and one common theme I usually see, especially here, is people who love this car, who are always willing to help and really just a great bunch of folks from every walk of life. So to me it really is more than a car, it's a story, a journey, a lifetime of fun and excitement.

Just like your first one has evolved to this wonderful ride. Mine is my first Camaro and oh what a blast I am having. My kids think I am crazy and have lost my mind, LOL but it will be times like that they remember later on in life.

I enjoy your thread and look forward to many more pages of joy.

John
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:31 PM   #273
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Thumbs up ...My Home's in Alabama (I wish)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Jim,
I follow your thread as I am subscribed to it. As a fellow member of the Litho Club #24 I completely understand your thought and feeling. I was as stunned as anyone since I am just a simple guy from Alabama not some bigwig, but I guess that is what makes this car more than just a "Car"

I follow alot of threads and one common theme I usually see, especially here, is people who love this car, who are always willing to help and really just a great bunch of folks from every walk of life. So to me it really is more than a car, it's a story, a journey, a lifetime of fun and excitement.

Just like your first one has evolved to this wonderful ride. Mine is my first Camaro and oh what a blast I am having. My kids think I am crazy and have lost my mind, LOL but it will be times like that they remember later on in life.

I enjoy your thread and look forward to many more pages of joy.

John
John,
Thank you for stopping in and for following the thread. My family isn't unlike yours! LOL They know the "ol pops" has taken leave of his senses with this car. But they also know it is my own little therapy too. I was hoping to take Orange Krate out this weekend but they are predicting rain and snow down to 1000' elevation here in So Cal!!!! Who would have thought? It is raining now and will get heavier this evening. I am going to use the indoor time to catch up on some office work at the house and collect up all my Camaro stuff and re-organize it.

On a separate note...I love Alabama! Spent some time down there in 1994 after Hurricane Ivan came through Holly-Navarre Beach area. We staged at Fort Rucker and then drove down to Florida and set up medical operations at a Winn Dixie Shopping Center right along the beach. While in Alabama, all the folks were extremely friendly, helpful and compassionate. It speaks well of the State. Perhaps that is why the band "Alabama" is one of my favorites of all time.

Cheers to you, your family and the great people of Alabama!

Simi Valley, CA
Old 02-25-2011, 08:06 PM   #274
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

**BREAKING NEWS... the "ROOF TURD" is GONE!!!**

Orange Krate finally got a little more love and attention today. It has been raining and sprinkling all day so I decided to work in the garage since I had some time. I tackled the changeout of the "shark fin" antenna! Going from the black "turd" as a friend of mine called it, and replacing it with a matching IOM antenna procured through Becky Doyle at Rodgers Chevrolet, was definately the way to go. I very carefully watched and re-watched the DIY video posted by site moderator "GTAHVIT". This was a godsend video and it allowed me to get the job done rather efficiently.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...20&postcount=1

I am glad I didn't video tape my install though because the air turned "purple" a couple of times while trying to tighten the spring clip retainer that holds the antenna in place. This isn't the easiest mod to do but certainly not the hardest either. It takes some patience and a couple of fluid breaks! HA HA

Here are couple of photos of the installed IOM shark fin. I will take full shots of Orange Krate and post up as soon as the weather clears and I can get him to some decent areas for a photo shoot. I am feeling the Burbank Hooters in the offing soon! Very soon!

Special thanks to Becky Doyle and GTAHVIT for making this mod a fairly simple affair and great compliment to Orange Krate ! He seems to like the color change.
Attached Images

Last edited by Orange Krate; 02-25-2011 at 10:45 PM.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:52 PM   #275
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Talking **TIME CAPSULE**

Lets take a step back in time. The year is 1978. We have been through Vietnam, Watergate, horrendous gas shortages and gas lines. We are two years from seeing Ronald Reagan elected and the current President is Jimmy Carter.

I was starting out in my new found career and not having any idea where it would lead me. I was driving my 1969 Camaro SS-396 that was essentially stock accept for the heads, intake, carb, cam and valvetrain, headers and triple electric fuel pumps. I guesstimate the car was pushing about 450 horsepower based on other cars driven.

Due to a series of conversations with my new found bosses it was HIGHLY SUGGESTED by them that I sell my beloved Camaro so as not to incur a bad driving record and risk my career path. In retrospect, I think they were just jealous married old guys who wished the car was theirs! Are you hearing me out there young Camaro owners here? Don't sell your car if pressured! Hang on to it!

Needless to say, I bowed to the pressure and ended up buying a used 1976 Vega GT coupe from another young gentleman who needed the money. I drove this green machine for a couple of years while going to college and doing odd jobs until I could become gainfully employed full time. Life was never as good as it was when I had that old '69 bad ass Camaro.

For all you older guys who think life has passed you by... Buy a new Camaro!!!Lightning can strike twice, life is good and I have one bad ass IOM Camaro named Orange Krate sitting just a few feet from me and it just don't get any better than that.
Attached Images

Old 02-25-2011, 09:31 PM   #276
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Drives: 2016 SS
Quote:
OK I am going to have a tough time typing this one out because I am still in shock after my arrival at home this evening. The last couple of days at work have been somewhat stressful. I won't go into the details but lets just say it has been tough. So, today when I arrive home there is nobody here and it is so quiet you can hear a pin drop.

I walk into the kitchen and see a large manilla colored merchandise mailer on the counter and I am thinking to myself..."what did the wife buy"? Then it donned on me that I bought some Camaro5.Com window stickers. But I figured that wasnt it because the package was too large.

I walk over and pick up the envelope and read it. I see it is addressed to me. I notice it has special shipping instructions and a postmark from Canada. Whitby, Canada to be precise. I am scratching my head trying to remember someone in Whitby... then I notice a familiar name... "M. Judge" on the return address.

I have exchanged some PMs with Mr. Mike Judge (aka Super 60) on this site. From those I realized what a neat guy he is. For those that don't know him, he is a supervisor at the Oshawa production facility. That really makes this package even more intriquing.

I feel myself starting to get sweaty palms. I gingerly open the package and look in to find one of the now famous 11" x 14" hand signed (by the crew that built Orange Krate and all his relatives!) and individually numbered (#182) lithographs that Mike has become known for giving to selected Camaro5 members. I was absolutely stunned to receive this. And it couldn't have come at a better time.

I became a bit flushed and teary eyed (I thought I was macho...don't tell anyone!!!) as this is one of the nicest treasures I have ever received. I just stood there staring and saying... "YES" "YES" "YES". I couldn't wait for Erica to come home and show her. Accompanying the lithograph were two short but very meaningful documents. One explains the litho and the other a personal note from Mr. Mike Judge.

Mike, I can't say thank you enough for this wonderful surprise and gift. I cherish this very much and needless to say it shall be maintained along with Orange Krate as long as I am on this planet. This is a true treasure and I am honored to receive it.

Along with Mike, the men and women of Oshawa who work so hard building these superb vehicles really put their heart and souls into these cars and you can feel that every time you turn over the ignition and hear these babies roar to life.

As soon as I can get to the store I will be buying an appropriate frame and hanging these in a most conspicuous place in my office... I mean after all the lithograph photo is of an IOM Camaro and that is the BEST color right? LOL

Thanks again Oshawa Crew and thanks again Mr. Mike Judge! You are without a doubt one fine gentleman, and please know many of us at this site, and in the Camaro family as a whole, really appreciate all you do for all of us.

WOW! That is awesome. I am EXTREMELY jealous of your gift. I am sorry to hear Orange Krate has been a little sick. Hope everything turns out good! Hopefully I will get to see you and Orange Krate @ CamaroFest in April!!!
LED Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:38 PM   #277
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Unique4U View Post
WOW! That is awesome. I am EXTREMELY jealous of your gift. I am sorry to hear Orange Krate has been a little sick. Hope everything turns out good! Hopefully I will get to see you and Orange Krate @ CamaroFest in April!!!
I am going to make all attempts to get there. I was planning on staying at a friends house outside of Phoenix but his Dad recently passed away somewhat suddenly and there have been some issues so I don't know if it will happen or not. I have a number of friends out there so I still might make it. I want to go real badly. Arizona is always nice that time of year. I do hope to meet you in person as well.

Simi Valley, CA
Old 02-26-2011, 03:26 AM   #278
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Drives: 2016 SS
Look forward to hopefully seeing the both of you there!
LED Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 04:04 AM   #279
MohawksIOSS
SoCal HT5 (COTW:12/26/11)

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange 2SS
WOW, I live in Camarillo, and Have a IOSS as well, Im currently deployed, but would love some time to meet up and maybe cruise a couple IOSS's Ill look you up when I return!! Hope all is well with your SS!
Old 02-26-2011, 05:31 AM   #280
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Orange Krate finally got a little more love and attention today. It has been raining and sprinkling all day so I decided to work in the garage since I had some time. I tackled the changeout of the "shark fin" antenna! Going from the black "turd" as a friend of mine called it, and replacing it with a matching IOM antenna procured through Becky Doyle at Rodgers Chevrolet, was definately the way to go. I very carefully watched and re-watched the DIY video posted by site moderator "GTAHVIT". This was a godsend video and it allowed me to get the job done rather efficiently.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...20&postcount=1

I am glad I didn't video tape my install though because the air turned "purple" a couple of times while trying to tighten the spring clip retainer that holds the antenna in place. This isn't the easiest mod to do but certainly not the hardest either. It takes some patience and a couple of fluid breaks! HA HA

Here are couple of photos of the installed IOM shark fin. I will take full shots of Orange Krate and post up as soon as the weather clears and I can get him to some decent areas for a photo shoot. I am feeling the Burbank Hooters in the offing soon! Very soon!

Special thanks to Becky Doyle and GTAHVIT for making this mod a fairly simple affair and great compliment to Orange Krate ! He seems to like the color change.

Nice Jim One less roof turd in the world Looks
great
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote