Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 12-13-2009, 06:35 PM   #1
kga10734
Don't Feed the Troll

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS & 1999 Corvette
LOOK right rear side window problem

Just a heads up people...

I have a right rear side window that is loose and rattles/ vibrates @ certain RPM's. I have a video of it below. If you push on the window from the inside the rattle stops while going down the road. I have just over 4,000 miles on the car and it is vin 36614. It looks very weak when you push on it from the outside compared to the left side which seems pretty solid. The vibration inside the car is very noticeable at certain RPM's. I really couldn't tell where it was coming from, I just knew it was from the back right side of the car. So I had my son sit back there and push on panels while we went down the road till we found out what it was. I talked to somebody else and they said they had the same noise, so this could be an issue with more then just a few cars.

I did a search on the site and all I could come up with was something for the rear panel. The problem I have is with a side window.

here is the TSB for the back panel rattle

#09-08-110-010: Rattle Noise in Rear Window Panel Trim (Install Adhesive-Backed Shim Stock) - (May 6, 2009)

Does anybody else have this noise/ issue and if so what did the dealer have to do to fix it?

I'll be taking mine in to get it repaired. I'm sorry a new car with just over 4,000 miles should not have this kind of issue, because it looks like if it is left the way it is, the window will be falling out or leaking in the near future.

Old 12-13-2009, 07:08 PM   #2
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Watching the video, it looks like it is the exterior window trim that is loose and causing the vibration and not the window itself. Is that correct?
Old 12-13-2009, 07:14 PM   #3
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by kga10734 View Post
I'm sorry a new car with just over 4,000 miles should not have this kind of issue, because it looks like if it is left the way it is, the window will be falling out or leaking in the near future.
Yeah, it sucks, but stuff happens. They will get it fixed. Thanks for the heads up.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:43 PM   #4
Dragon2U

Drives: Waiting
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul SS View Post
Watching the video, it looks like it is the exterior window trim that is loose and causing the vibration and not the window itself. Is that correct?
The video is quite shaky but near the very end you can see the entire frame and glass shaking. I would guess the glue welds did not set correctly and they will have to remove and reset the entire frame again.
Dragon2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:45 PM   #5
RedCamaroGuy

Drives: 2010 Red SS2
The problem is that guy in the video that keeps pushing on your window like that. What a jerk!! I'd totally mess him up if I were you!
RedCamaroGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:07 PM   #6
mtcwby
High on "The Camaro Life"

Drives: 2010 2SS, IOM, LS3, Vortech, LG cam
Send a message via AIM to mtcwby
The rear quarter window and trim are one piece. The whole assembly is glued in just like a windshield from the outside, with black adhesive. Just take it to the dealership, they will probably call whatever glass shop they use and have it removed and reglued.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:04 PM   #7
thiggin2

Drives: 05/07 Chevy's
Quote:
Originally Posted by kga10734 View Post
here is the TSB for the back panel rattle
#09-08-110-010: Rattle Noise in Rear Window Panel Trim (Install Adhesive-Backed Shim Stock) - (May 6, 2009)
This has nothing to do with the window itself. This bulletin is for the interior trim panel between the side window and back window (C-piller).
thiggin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:31 PM   #8
kga10734
Don't Feed the Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul SS View Post
The exterior trim piece is moving along with the window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2U View Post
The video is quite shaky but near the very end you can see the entire frame and glass shaking. I would guess the glue welds did not set correctly and they will have to remove and reset the entire frame again.
Sorry about the shaky video, Hard to keep the video camera still and move the trim with the other hand. What you see at the end of the video is what I was trying to capture. You can see the trim move away from the body of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCamaroGuy View Post
The problem is that guy in the video that keeps pushing on your window like that. What a jerk!! I'd totally mess him up if I were you!
WOW you solved my problem. THANKS! note to self...If I don't push on the trim I won't have a vibration going down the road. Damn you a genius!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiggin2 View Post
This has nothing to do with the window itself. This bulletin is for the interior trim panel between the side window and back window (C-piller).
That's what I figured when I did a search, but wasn't positive. I never did find anything about the side window issue I have. I'll let the dealership take a look at it this week.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:15 PM   #9
kga10734
Don't Feed the Troll

Here is an update.

I got the window fixed and picked it up today. Better then new. I say this because I got to talk to the guy that checked it out before they fixed it. He told me that I was lucky the window didn't fall out at some point. He said there is 3 little clips that hold the window in place and then the rest of the window is sealed/ glued in. My car didn't have a drop of sealant/ glue around that one window, just the 3 clips. I wonder if the robot or a human was supposed to take care of this area before the window is placed? I would be willing to bet, mine isn't the only one like this.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:30 AM   #10
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
This is almost the exact problem I had on a 1993 Mazda MX6. Both rear quarter windows come loose, and one of them almost fell out. They had to replace both windows. I believe the sealant was improperly applied.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:25 PM   #11
Unique Auto Depot

Drives: Camaro 2010
take it to the dealer I think they have a TSB on it
Unique Auto Depot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:25 AM   #12
bluman

Drives: '10 Corvette GS/'13 Mustang
Have dealer repair it !
2010 Camaro SIM/CGM RS/2LT VIN #310 SOLD

2010 Corvette Grand Sport