Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-24-2014, 10:07 AM   #85
Gee
Silver Ice

Drives: 2011 1LT Coupe SIM
Buy all my oil through amazon for receipt purposes and I reset my OLM every oil change. Come at me GM
Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 10:09 AM   #86
Bobbyrage14SS

Drives: 2014 2SS, Summitt White
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariJ04 View Post
Hi everyone,

So my stupid engine went out on my 2012 RS with only 65000 miles on it on wednesday, how can this be???

I was driving down to work when the car started to slow down and it wouldn't change gears from 3 to 2, all the lights stayed on for a while so I thought it was probably the starter. I was in the middle lane of the freeway and was not able to do anything, thank God no one hit me. I tried the ignition key mutiple times but nothing happened with the exception of the lights going out and then the smoke started!! WTF, I thought to myself sitting there. I dialed OnStar so a wrecker came to pick me up after about 45 min. What's the deal with this damn cars? I've had the car for about a year and never had issues till now. GM is supposed to cover it and replace since is under factory warranty, but when I got to the dealer I was told they need proof of oil changes and maitenance, really who keeps thousands of receipts?? I did manage to find some of sometime last year so I hope this will helpful enough for GM to replace my engine. Is a danger and safety hazard to have such crap car, and I will be making a complain about this.
Who keeps thousands of receipts? This guy...for this very reason. I have the maintenance plans with both my Camaro and GMC Sierra and take them both to the same dealership. I keep the paperwork just so they cant say i didnt do something.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:51 AM   #87
TPAJETSKI

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
You have heard the saying "One bad apple spoils the whole bunch", it applies to Lawyers along with Car dealers.
I've been around long enough to know that our profession has a lot more than "one" bad apple.
TPAJETSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 11:03 AM   #88
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPAJETSKI View Post
I've been around long enough to know that our profession has a lot more than "one" bad apple.
I bet it started with one though....
Old 11-24-2014, 05:00 PM   #89
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPAJETSKI View Post
I am a lawyer. While I won't comment on the OP's predicament, I will say that I do a lot of work without requiring a huge retainer. Sometimes I don't ask for a retainer at all. It depends on the case. There. I've done my part to try and rehabilitate the reputations of lawyers.
I needed you 7 years ago!!!.. Lol
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 05:07 PM   #90
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, CGM w/ Silver Stripes.
Every time I have ANYTHING done to my car, the receipt goes in the glovebox with the owner's manual. They may not be in any kind of order, but I have receipts on every oil change, every coolant flush, every time I changed or repaired tires, etc.

Momma didn't bronze my shoes, but when I turned 16 I inherited a lead foot.
Devryn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 05:48 PM   #91
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devryn17 View Post
Every time I have ANYTHING done to my car, the receipt goes in the glovebox with the owner's manual. They may not be in any kind of order, but I have receipts on every oil change, every coolant flush, every time I changed or repaired tires, etc.
Same here, at least with the receipts you do have something to back you up if you run into a hard ass dealer.
Old 11-24-2014, 06:41 PM   #92
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
one bad apple dont spoil the whole bunch girl. lol.
poor lawyers. get no respect. they a double edge sword. ya hate em but sometimes ya need em.
lol
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote