Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 11-25-2008, 01:38 PM   #15
edbrick

Drives: 2009 GXP -2007 MustangGT--Wife
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutFiles View Post
GM's going for a manly, rustic look with their cloth seats. Frankly, I'm all for it.

Now that seat has seen a lotta ass
edbrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 03:27 PM   #16
carfansince73

Drives: Carefully
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutFiles View Post
GM's going for a manly, rustic look with their cloth seats. Frankly, I'm all for it.

The Hulk could rip one on that seat and no one would know any different.
2010 1SS RS, LS3, SIM/Black, painted rally stripes, AAC sidemarkers, Sunroof, B.A. sound sys; 20x9.5 & 20x11 SV1-C5's; MGW short shifter; Hotchkis Track Pack; Corsa catback; Kooks 1 7/8"; ADM Street; Magnacharger TVS2300 - 548rwhp/512rwtq
1100- 2/18/09; 3800- 6/15/09 VIN#18308; Delivered 6/29/09!!!!!

2014 CTS-V Sedan, Black/Black, Auto, Recaros, Ultra-view, Red Brembos. Stock
carfansince73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 03:40 PM   #17
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
^Dude...that is happening to me toO!!!

It is driving me NUTS!!!

THANK GOD I know it's not only me now. UGH!
Don't let him kid you, he's...welll...you know...a post whore.

I was very impressed with the cloth in the IVER, hoping it makes it to production.
Don't want leather.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:08 PM   #18
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
Don't want leather.
+1
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 09:07 PM   #19
Just a Skidmark
original senior member

Drives: 1993 s10 tahoe 4.3L v6 tbi
Quote:
check it out....did it again.

you could just have a sticky mouse
Just a Skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 11:33 PM   #20
RetroDude
Owner of VIN # 35278

Drives: IBM 2SS, A6, Leather & Sunroof
Quote:
Originally Posted by fad1 View Post
Judging from the IVER cars, I think its going to look like the leather seats except its going to be cloth. Since I am noob at these things, whats the difference between leatherette and leather ?
Leather is the usually the fine grain material that adorns only the actual seating areas of the seats. Leatherette is the "crappy" slightly better than vinyl substitute that the manufacturers all use in combination to the real leather seating areas to complete the interior seats in order to keep the costs down. My 2000 Alero has cloth seats and to this date have NEVER needed any repairs or alterations and still look factory new! My 2005 Buick Terazza on the other hand has the leatherette / cloth combo seats and as of todays date, the drivers seat has been repaired 5 times ( leatherette parts only ) with no repairs needed to the cloth inserts. If given the choice, I will always pick cloth over leatherette any day hands down, however, with more vehicles offering leather / leatherette seats as standard options, I just don't see the point in paying an additional $750 - $1,000 on average just to get leather in the seating areas knowing full well that the other 90% of the seats are a cheap vinyl grade material. Want a better idea of the quality of leatherette! ... go to the used car department of your local dealership and compare a couple of lets say 5 - 7 year old vehicles... 1 with cloth and 1 with leather / leatherette and compare the difference. I'm willing to bet that the cloth will look almost perfect and the leather / leatherette will show cracking, rippling and even the occasional rips too! Dare to compare! In the picture attached ( 2009 Impala ) the area inside the red boxes are actual leather, everything else on the seat is leatherette. Hey, its your money.
Attached Images

RetroDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 01:22 AM   #21
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
a lot of times, it don't double the post, but says you must wait 15 sec before posting again
When it double posts on me, there is no "time out" for 15 seconds like I've seen on other sites and all. It just immediately puts up a double, identical post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Skidmark View Post
you could just have a sticky mouse
Brand new mouse and keyboard....since my boy decided to spill his capri sun all over my original HP keyboard. But, the mouse is brand new.

....microsoft keyboard and mouse. What are you using Ellwyn??
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 01:57 AM   #22
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroDude View Post
Leather is the usually the fine grain material that adorns only the actual seating areas of the seats. Leatherette is the "crappy" slightly better than vinyl substitute that the manufacturers all use in combination to the real leather seating areas to complete the interior seats in order to keep the costs down. My 2000 Alero has cloth seats and to this date have NEVER needed any repairs or alterations and still look factory new! My 2005 Buick Terazza on the other hand has the leatherette / cloth combo seats and as of todays date, the drivers seat has been repaired 5 times ( leatherette parts only ) with no repairs needed to the cloth inserts. If given the choice, I will always pick cloth over leatherette any day hands down, however, with more vehicles offering leather / leatherette seats as standard options, I just don't see the point in paying an additional $750 - $1,000 on average just to get leather in the seating areas knowing full well that the other 90% of the seats are a cheap vinyl grade material. Want a better idea of the quality of leatherette! ... go to the used car department of your local dealership and compare a couple of lets say 5 - 7 year old vehicles... 1 with cloth and 1 with leather / leatherette and compare the difference. I'm willing to bet that the cloth will look almost perfect and the leather / leatherette will show cracking, rippling and even the occasional rips too! Dare to compare! In the picture attached ( 2009 Impala ) the area inside the red boxes are actual leather, everything else on the seat is leatherette. Hey, its your money.
So is this how much leather is going to be in the Camaro seats?
Old 11-26-2008, 07:00 AM   #23
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
When it double posts on me, there is no "time out" for 15 seconds like I've seen on other sites and all. It just immediately puts up a double, identical post.

Brand new mouse and keyboard....since my boy decided to spill his capri sun all over my original HP keyboard. But, the mouse is brand new.

It's probably a bug in the javascript forum code. And since you're a moderator here, you're not subject to the 15second rule.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 08:28 AM   #24
a6pk2go

Drives: ...
Quote:

Maybe your mouse is hopped up on caffine.
a6pk2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 08:37 AM   #25
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Yep. Fbod made a post somewhere that states that leather will only be on the sitting surfaces.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 08:42 AM   #26
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
Why does almost every reply I make (in the last week) get doubled?? I have to delete one of them almost every time I respond to something.
Are you double clicking the submit button or just single clicking it? On other forums I visit if you double click you'll get a double post. Sometimes when I'm really bored I click as fast as I can and see how many duplicate posts I can get in before the message comes up saying I posted to often and have to wait. It's real easy to do this is you have a slow connection or if your computer lags a bit while loading the new page.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 10:11 AM   #27
RetroDude
Owner of VIN # 35278

Drives: IBM 2SS, A6, Leather & Sunroof
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
I'm figuring that the only areas to receive actual leather will be the areas which are perforated as shown in the pictures attached. ( Inside RED marked areas. )
Attached Images

RetroDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 09:42 PM   #28
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
I thought the complete seating surface (including the side bolsters) would be leather. Is it really just the perforated portion that's leather?
Shurenuff is offline   Reply With Quote