Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 01:39 PM   #155
Imfishintx

Drives: 07 Tahoe LTZ
Wow, I guess the sky is falling!! I'm pretty sure all new car manufactures build thier cars to handle daily driving and some fair amount of excessive abuse, however if anyone thinks they can buy an off the showroom floor (insert model here) and abuse the hell out of it with no chance of something breaking in the process, you would be a fool!! I think GM is doing the right thing by looking into this issue, without blaming the broken cars on abuse at this point. You want to dump the clutch at 6K everyday, put an extra 20 grand into the car and be prepared to spend more when it STILL breaks!
Old 07-14-2009, 01:41 PM   #156
RJT-Maro
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Supercharged RJT SS!
Send a message via AIM to RJT-Maro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran View Post
Some update/clarification -- no hold on production, just on shipments

from Adam Denison, Assistant Manager of Chevy Product Communications
So after it gets built we go to QC?? is that correct??
Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger, ARH 1 7/8 LT Headers with 3" X-Pipe, Borla S-Type Axle-Back, DMH Low Profile Exhaust Cut-Outs, MTI Racing CAI, Stage 2 Camshaft(227/239 .614/.624) with new springs, Katech C5R Z Timing Chain, LS7 Bowtie Damper, MTI Hot Spark Plug Wires, MTI Racing Lowering Springs and Swaybars, Aluminum Oil Catch Can, 160 Degree Thermostat, MTI Tune. 554RWHP 528RWTQ Built By: MTI Racing Dyno Sheet here
Old 07-14-2009, 01:46 PM   #157
BalogUK
THE architect.

Drives: 2SS/RS M6
hey its not like we've got the issue Nissan has on the 09 Skyline GTR's where it would record the launch control and traction control buttons being pressed & would void the driveline warranty if you were found to have disabled the functions... yea that would fly like a ton of bricks here...

I give props to GM for addressing the issue asap & diplomatically.
#34122 EMPTIED, AT YARD ON 8/26/09; Delivered 9/07/09
MODS: Borla ATAK Cat-Back GFX (#140378), 35% Ceramic all-around, CAI, Inc. Intake w/ Scoop, Hurst Short Throw, Heritage Grille, GM Dove Tail, Laser Interceptor Triple v8.9, Passport Max, Pfadt ZL Stage 2
Old 07-14-2009, 01:47 PM   #158
LAWMAN

Drives: 2010 cam.2ss/rs.iom,07'escalade esv
i have also noticed with my 2ss/rs 6sp man. that when moving along in first gear at normal take off, there is a shutter,it kinda jumps back and forth like a car's engine is miss firing,and also on some occassions when shifting from first to second,i can't go strait to second gear, i have to let the shifter go to neutral and then go to second,i dont know if this is part of what the problem may be, but thats what i have noticed so far...other than that the car is great,....so far
Old 07-14-2009, 01:50 PM   #159
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWMAN View Post
i have also noticed with my 2ss/rs 6sp man. that when moving along in first gear at normal take off, there is a shutter,it kinda jumps back and forth like a car's engine is miss firing,and also on some occassions when shifting from first to second,i can't go strait to second gear, i have to let the shifter go to neutral and then go to second,i dont know if this is part of what the problem may be, but thats what i have noticed so far...other than that the car is great,....so far
The first problem sounds like a twitchy right foot and the second issue is because you are trying to fight the skip shift.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:50 PM   #160
McGruff

Drives: 98 Saturn
Quote:
and also on some occassions when shifting from first to second,i can't go strait to second gear, i have to let the shifter go to neutral and then go to second
That would be the 1st to 4th shift where it purposely locks out second gear...look at your DIC when you can't shift into second gear for clarification.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:50 PM   #161
Nezacant

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran View Post
Some update/clarification -- no hold on production, just on shipments

from Adam Denison, Assistant Manager of Chevy Product Communications
Thanks for the update Tran!
Old 07-14-2009, 01:55 PM   #162
LAWMAN

Drives: 2010 cam.2ss/rs.iom,07'escalade esv
has anyone actually checked their milage yet? i have the 2ss w/6sp.man.,and i need my third tank of gas,and i am not raw-hiding it because i want it broke in before actually seeing what it can do,that being said,it having a 19 gal. tank and (guessing) it must be getting around 12 miles/gal.,and the two times that i have filled it up,...i filled it to the gills.....anyone else notice this?...wondering if i need to have it checked out.....?
Old 07-14-2009, 01:56 PM   #163
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Camaro, I love you. Don't worry, they can't come between us!
Old 07-14-2009, 02:06 PM   #164
RJT-Maro
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Supercharged RJT SS!
Send a message via AIM to RJT-Maro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
No. Let's do this. FBOD (Scott) said he'd post up TOMORROWS announcement. Anything I read stating "my dealer said....." has no credibility right now. In fact, the original source of this news is an interesting read, if you go to that site....very interesting.
Yeah thats why I didnt belive it at first because it came from a dealer??

Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger, ARH 1 7/8 LT Headers with 3" X-Pipe, Borla S-Type Axle-Back, DMH Low Profile Exhaust Cut-Outs, MTI Racing CAI, Stage 2 Camshaft(227/239 .614/.624) with new springs, Katech C5R Z Timing Chain, LS7 Bowtie Damper, MTI Hot Spark Plug Wires, MTI Racing Lowering Springs and Swaybars, Aluminum Oil Catch Can, 160 Degree Thermostat, MTI Tune. 554RWHP 528RWTQ Built By: MTI Racing Dyno Sheet here
Old 07-14-2009, 02:08 PM   #165
Ghans64

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro SS RS
Send a message via AIM to Ghans64
Oh god Late August delivery......I hope thats not true.....I might need to borrow someones car to get to work!
Old 07-14-2009, 02:08 PM   #166
SpeedySoldier

Drives: 97 z28, 03 s10-zr2
biggest thing im worried about is that now any power adder you have on the car and this issue happens, they can blame the extra power, even somthing as small as a cai and not honor it under warrenty
Old 07-14-2009, 02:09 PM   #167
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Maybe the problem is that they were making the manual car too fast. Gotta slow it down to match the Auto. And the LTs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevymuscle311 View Post
Glad I switched to A6. Push it through GM!!!!!!
Careful what you wish for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroDude View Post
Glad I purchased an Automatic
You too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo2 View Post
Thanks but this latest delay is just the final straw. I want a car in my garage as opposed to somewhere stuck in the process. My new Vette is being delivered on Friday.
Have fun with the Vette. See ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
Stay on topic guys. This is not a order tracking thread.
I think trying to guess if your car will be held up in this, IS on topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan1080 View Post
I hear you man. I have been waiting since october. Yet I have phoned around looking for a car and I could choose between 4 or 5 camaros that are sitting on lots, not a pre order or a sold order. Just orders they have that nobody was waiting on.none of the cars have the exact specs I want or I would buy one. I am sick of the wait as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by towmoe View Post
Yeah, I've called around too and found cars, but unfortunately they are priced over MSRP or not the configuration I want. I don't understand how GM let these cars be built before pre-orders.
These two however, off topic.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:12 PM   #168
Elvisuperman
TCB

Drives: 2009 Chevrolet Malibu LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcjlp View Post

It is getting harder and harder to support GM. First their management runs the company into the ground. They take tons of taxpayer money, which will never be repaid. GM takes 3 years to get this car to market and apparently it has so many design flaws that every week we hear of a new major issue. Yes I consider L99s with no power and transmission shafts shearing under normal driving conditions a major flaw. I drive 2 American cars because that's what I prefer. But really, when was the last time you heard of Honda launching a new vehicle with these issues?

Not to mention, the UAW works a back room deal with the white house for salaries and benefits that far exceeds the market average. Obviously, that doesn't translate into better quality. Before I get flamed here, loose nuts on spoilers, A pillars not installed properly, and major paint issues are all indications of poor workmanship. GM's design has nothing to do with failing to adequately tighten 4 nuts on the spoiler. That is a half ass work ethic and nothing else.

I am a system engineer. I currently work on procurement and development of aviation platforms. I have designed and written test and evaluation protocols for new systems. As someone who is very familiar with writing requirements and their associated tolerances, I am amazed at what I see slipping through GM's process. GM has got to know they are under a microscope. I personally want to see the American Auto industry come back. This is not helping.
Well said...this is not acceptable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
A couple of thoughts --

To those who are 'fed up' with GM and "American Products" --

Every manufacturer has issues such as this.

The issue is a supplier problem and it DOES NOT INVOLVE EVERY 6-speed manual transmission.

Once again I'll say this: there IS a downside to sharing information....and this is a perfect example of it.

We could clam up and perhapsyou'd never know about it...but to the Camaro Team, that would not be the right thing to do.

If you think that BMW and Mercedes and other foreign manufacturers don't have similar issues, you're wrong.

WHAT I RECOMMEND: (....from a PERSONAL viewpoint......)

DO NOT do 6,000 RPMS and then DUMP the clutch.

That's a foolish thing to do....regardless of what you are driving.

I'm not saying you have to 'baby' the car -- but don't go out and 'flog hell outta it!"

Meanwhile - we will have more info. as details develop.
As I recall...ArcAngel made a comment about some interior quality issues a couple of months ago (re: an interior photo taken at the Oshawa plant, you may remember...fit and finish from the dash panel to the door panel) and almost had his head cut off for pointing out something that was actually valid... Now, so many weeks later... we have a major drivetrain issue and I am reading the same crappy excuses and justififcations I read before...Pathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Once again I'll say this: there IS a downside to sharing information....and this is a perfect example of it.
This line makes me laugh... like there isn't an internet (forums) and no-one would have voiced this issue with their Camaro as it arised...had GM/Chevy not said anything!

Wow...GM is being accountable for a product they produced. Anything other than that would be like selling me $h!+ and denying it smells!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue View Post
there seems to be always some excuse that its not gms fault, or gm is aware of the problem and there doing the rite thing to fix it,or some one saying its not all makes or models, or every manufacture has issues.when is enough, enough?regaurdless of where the product comes from or what paticular manufacture is making it its still has gm name on it, which means its gms fault.
they chose to use that manufacturer, they choose to use that product for this car, and they chose to hire the employees that cant tighten a nut down on a spoiler correctly.gm drew a good car, but it seems like gm chose cheap parts to build the car.
sure every car manufactures has issues, some worse some not so bad, but gm is the one whos head is on the chopping block, gm is the one that turned out the american icon camaro and is haveing severe issues now, not every one else. you would think gm would be doing things better and cleaner then the others guys just to prove they have staying power and they can build a dependable car.
every time i see another report of something going wrong with this car it makes me said.i think its great that gm is willing to fix the problemS, but i think it should piss alot of people of cause they are inconienced, they have to take there car in to get a tranny replaced(we all know its coming). so now you are with out your 40,000$ car and you are hoping that gm sends that better tranny. you also hope it doesnt it take weeks to fix.
the worst part is every ford dodge or race inspired car that pulls up to you is going to make fun of your ass a say gm cant even build a tranny( it has gms name it therefor its gm)
also every problem including this major one is killing the resale value because its all ready showing its not dependable. sure it might be a small batch of paint or piller or trannies,but when is the last time you put your faith in a used with this many issues, or possable recalls and you know there is more to come!
sooner or later you as a consumer needs to say "thats it no more".build the car like its suppose to be built or dont build it all. the more things go wrong with this car and the more people read and see it the less likely gm will make alot of camaros, and if gm doesnt make enough of these car to where its aprofit over the next couple of years, you can kiss that z/28 idea good buy and the whole camaro good buy. i dont think the goverment is going to allow the company to limp along like that. o wait they didnt. they went it bankrupcy
i guess ill see you in line at the dealership waiting on a new tranny!!!!!!
Well said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo2 View Post
It's been a pleasure...but now it is time to pull the C6 option. I go to work to get my dose of daily stress, I don't need it when trying to purchase a week end play toy. Good luck to all!
Absolutely, understood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
My sons Camaro SS manuel transmission broke down here in Miami, Floirda with 528 miles, it had to be towed which was handled by onstar / chevy service perfectly.The shaft that comes out of the transmission broke that goes connected to the drive shaft, had a new transmission shipped from Mexico within 2 days which is fast for a truckload shipment from mexico to Miami, Fl and i had the car back the day after transmission arrived at the dealer for a total of 3 days out of service, since they identified the problem, the car did break on a saturday night and was not diagnosed until tuesday morning.Consideirng the bankruptcy and that it is a new car I would give GM , Chevy and the dealer a AAAAA PLUS for handling the problem and i do not regret any purchase of this vehicle at all. Problems can happen, thats part of a new car run.
No, no its not. How embarrasing. I give you credit for being so positive about the whole situation...but that's ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh1147 View Post
Scott and the Rest of the Camaro Team,

THANK YOU for doing all that you do....I finally took delivery 10 days ago of my 2SS/RS MN6 gorgeous Victory Red with ground effects.

This is by far the most fun to drive car I've driven in decades (besides the occasional F360/430). You have GOT IT RIGHT on this baby!

Your supporters out here are growing daily....I stopped counting the number of friends/coworkers/strangers who own foreign cars who are now excited about GM!

EVERYTHING takes longer in the new Camaro....grocery store used to be 30mins, now 1.5hours due to getting stopped by folks!

Keep doing what you are doing....handle issues when they come up.....place customer service and product first and everything else will fall in place.

Oh....and continue to ignore the whiners/nay-sayers....they are just jeolous!

You are right...I am very jealous that I don't have to wait in the service department at a dealership having to have my brand new 2010 Camaros transmission fixed/replaced. I am very envious.

Here is the nail...and sir, you just hit it right on the head...

Closed Thread