Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 11-05-2013, 08:40 AM   #15
jlawrence613

Drives: 2011 V6 Premium Mustang
I'm in agreement. If you can drive even a little, you should be able to take the win. If you are sure he has H-pipe exhaust then he does NOT have longtubes.

I will say though a guy in my club ran 12.87 @ 108 with the following:

Cold air Intake, 93 Octane Tune, Throttle Body, Long Tube headers, Aluminum Driveshaft, 4.10 gears, Lower Control arms, upper control arm, all on street tires with automatic transmission in 1200 DA. Basically a FULL Bolt on car. But I doubt the person you are racing has all of that. The same day I ran 13.36 @ 104.5 with mods in my sig.

Essentially what I'm getting at is, the V6 mustang can infringe on STOCK v8 territory and even beat a lot of NON drivers. But it needs to be more modded than what you have posted above... so you should be able to make short work of it.
Mods: MPT 93 Tune, FRPP 3.73 Gears, Airaid CAI, Boss 302 STB, J&M LCA, Whiteline Relocation Brackets, Eibach Sportlines, 18x9/10 2010 GT500 rims 255/45, 285/40/18 Nitto555, BBK Longtube Headers O/R X-pipe Up next: BBK 73mm TB, Ported Intake Manifold, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft, Mustang GT 2.75" Overaxle pipe.
2011 Ford Mustang V6: 13.258 @ 107.45 MPH Uncorrected
jlawrence613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:41 AM   #16
Pluto

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
No I'm not a retard posting this for no reason. While us Camaro guys were hanging out last night an arrogant little chump pulls up in a v6 mustang and starts telling stories about how he has never lost to a SS before. I laughed and said let me post this on Camaro5 cause I'm more than sure they've bent many of these over their knee for an ass whipping. He challenged me to a street race, I told him it wasn't worth my gas, and of course he said I was scared to lose blah blah blah. We argued for a bit cause he has "American muscle" stickered on his windshield and I told him he at least needed a v8 to wear that. Long story short, he tried to peel off while blaring his Skrillex and we all just kind of laughed and moved on.

Small, but effective mod list:

Roto-Fab Intake, TSP 2" Long tubes, TSP catless mids, MSD spark plug wires, stock catback, Elite Catch Can, APEX washer relocation and scoop, VMAX throttle body, Diablo InTune-Tuned by Matt@FSP, and a JacFab license plate bracket.
Pluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:50 AM   #17
HeavyIOM

Drives: 2010 SS, 2000 Pontiac Formula
You should of went out there and half throttled it. make him think he is actually keeping up with you for a few seconds then just nail it.
HeavyIOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:22 AM   #18
red70tvhs
Red

Drives: 2018 Mosaic Black 2ss M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebparkin3 View Post
You should of went out there and half throttled it. make him think he is actually keeping up with you for a few seconds then just nail it.
This is something I would have done and have done a few years back... they hate it, really makes their face red especially if they stick around for the "post-race" laugh... but Now days it really isn't worth the potential trouble... Wisdom comes with age... man I miss being a bit younger...
red70tvhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:22 AM   #19
72MachOne99GT
Anthrax Popcorn User

Drives: 2013 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto View Post
No I'm not a retard posting this for no reason. While us Camaro guys were hanging out last night an arrogant little chump pulls up in a v6 mustang and starts telling stories about how he has never lost to a SS before. I laughed and said let me post this on Camaro5 cause I'm more than sure they've bent many of these over their knee for an ass whipping. He challenged me to a street race, I told him it wasn't worth my gas, and of course he said I was scared to lose blah blah blah. We argued for a bit cause he has "American muscle" stickered on his windshield and I told him he at least needed a v8 to wear that. Long story short, he tried to peel off while blaring his Skrillex and we all just kind of laughed and moved on.

His v6 is probably faster than loads of older v8 muscle cars...other than sounding douchey to one another, this story is a success!
Quote:
...if you want to compare performance numbers, well, the GT500 retains it's title of the highest hp, worst performing car in the world.
72MachOne99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:26 AM   #20
RayZ28
So-Cal Camaro Invasion

Drives: Autobot
Quote:
while i commend your approach to the situation... i disagree with that statement.. i've had V6's before that would tear up imports and keep up if not take out some V8's.. that to me qualifies as American Muscle as well..
Old 11-05-2013, 09:35 AM   #21
Pluto

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayZ28 View Post
while i commend your approach to the situation... i disagree with that statement.. i've had V6's before that would tear up imports and keep up if not take out some V8's.. that to me qualifies as American Muscle as well..
To each his own I say...either way I have owned my car for 13 months and it has yet to see a race. I've got nothing to prove and I can easily do a search to see everyone else's run. I bought my Camaro cause I love the way it looks and I love the power. I didn't buy it to prove anything to anyone especially some scrub with a Mustang his mommy bought him.

Roto-Fab Intake, TSP 2" Long tubes, TSP catless mids, MSD spark plug wires, stock catback, Elite Catch Can, APEX washer relocation and scoop, VMAX throttle body, Diablo InTune-Tuned by Matt@FSP, and a JacFab license plate bracket.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #22
HeavyIOM

Drives: 2010 SS, 2000 Pontiac Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by red70tvhs View Post
This is something I would have done and have done a few years back... they hate it, really makes their face red especially if they stick around for the "post-race" laugh... but Now days it really isn't worth the potential trouble... Wisdom comes with age... man I miss being a bit younger...
Its the best! I had a 2006 Mustang GT that had full exhaust, 3:90 gears and a tune auto. Had a kid whos daddy bought him a new V6 Camaro. He came up talking how his car would blow me away there was no way my 300 HP Mustang was going to beat his 325 HP camaro on and on so finaly i told him lets line them up. Well we did and he got smoked. We got back to the lot and he came up throwing a fit talking about how i had to have sprayed at least a 100 shot to beat him like that, and i cheated (ii have never ran N20 on any of my cars). fast forward a year and a half and i have my old 13 Mustang GT im just out for a nice cruse, same kid flags me down wanting to race. says he has a full exhaust tune and a CAI saying he smokes 5.0's all the time. I told him well im stock, but it has the track pack from the factory and i dont mind showing you what its got. He said please you need a blower from the factory to keep up with this chevy power. Anyways we line them up and im feathering the go pedal to stay even with him through 1st and most of second then just nail it and leave him wishing he had a blower. Of corse he went out saying we were even till 100 until he let off and i ricer fly byed him lol. the race didnt even go above 85 lol.

Some people are just punks who think daddys money bought them the fastest car ever. OP you obviousley ran into one of the punks. your car would smoke him no doubt.
HeavyIOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:25 AM   #23
Quick

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th
I got these mods and he has these mods who will win threads are SAD. I remember when people would actually race their cars to see who would win.

Something wicked this way cometh...
Quick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:54 AM   #24
Pluto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick View Post
I got these mods and he has these mods who will win threads are SAD. I remember when people would actually race their cars to see who would win.
I have plenty of experience with getting in trouble for street racing. Like I said, I was making a point to this dude about his car.

Old 11-05-2013, 11:03 AM   #25
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
I have plenty of experience with getting in trouble for street racing. Like I said, I was making a point to this dude about his car.
Could have made the point more effectively if you had both gone to the track...just saying.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:57 AM   #26
Pluto

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Could have made the point more effectively if you had both gone to the track...just saying.
Track is like 2 hours one way and another 4.5 hours the other way. If I didn't want to waste gas on this punk then why would I drive either to prove something we all already know?

Old 11-05-2013, 12:08 PM   #27
Quick

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th
If you already knew the outcome...why post about it.

Do you really know or are you afraid to find out?

Something wicked this way cometh...
Quick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #28
hiddenangels89

Drives: 2012 SS Camaro L99
Ignore these people. Its a questions, and there are always those 'don't waste my time' people - who in the same, could have skipped over this thread and are just trolling.

the v6 would have loss.

-May
hiddenangels89 is offline   Reply With Quote