Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 03-29-2014, 12:02 AM   #1
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Looking for a Chrome ZL1 offset/size wheel.

Getting this started early so there is plenty of time for responses.

I was set on some wheels, but I decided $4,000 for wheels is just not in my budget.

I will eventually need to replace my tires, when I do I plan to replace the wheels at the same time.

I am looking for a chrome wheels in ZL1 sizes and offsets (not necessarily the ZL1 design/look), or something very very close. This is none negotiable. I love the Chrome on Aqua Blue, and I love the look and fit of the ZL1 size and offset. I only know of one wheel that meets these specs. the Factory Reproductions ZL41 wheels. But I am not completely sold on them. Please help me if you know of any wheels in the $1,200-$2,000 ish range I'd appreciate the help!

Last edited by SummoneR; 03-29-2014 at 02:01 PM.
SummoneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:37 AM   #2
Natureboy

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I was thinking about the same today. They have them on E-bay for $1199. There are some threads on here in a search on this.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:18 AM   #3
MrFrost

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 - "Mabel"
Factory Reproduction go over to the vendor sales area under wheels section and you will find it!
Hope it helps! This is the route I am going. Love the chrome !
MrFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 11:21 AM   #4
MrFrost

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 - "Mabel"
Don't know of any that come close for the chrome ZL1 appearance. And if you look through the post in that section, you will see plenty of cars with all different colors of cars with different styles they offer. I know I saw some blue colored cars in the post
MrFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 01:59 PM   #5
SummoneR
Paul

Yeah you can get those in the vendor section for $1,099

But I am not completely sold on the design. Or the ZL1 design even, just the size and offset of the ZL1 wheel. I prefer a 5 spoke design, in fact if I could get the factory SS/RS wheels I have in that size and offset, I'd buy them. It's frustrating because the wheels I love are all over $4k... What happened to really nice looking wheels for less than 10% of the entire cost of the car?

I have looked through a thousand threads and the info is spread out through dozens or hundreds of pages of posts. I was hoping someone would know of a wheel brand or model that fits this requirements already. I will continue to search, but still appreciate all the help.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:15 AM   #6
AG454
I am not "Fast & Furious"

Drives: 2010 Camaro LSX454 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
Yeah you can get those in the vendor section for $1,099

But I am not completely sold on the design. Or the ZL1 design even, just the size and offset of the ZL1 wheel. I prefer a 5 spoke design, in fact if I could get the factory SS/RS wheels I have in that size and offset, I'd buy them. It's frustrating because the wheels I love are all over $4k... What happened to really nice looking wheels for less than 10% of the entire cost of the car?

I have looked through a thousand threads and the info is spread out through dozens or hundreds of pages of posts. I was hoping someone would know of a wheel brand or model that fits this requirements already. I will continue to search, but still appreciate all the help.
I feel the same way. I would like a retro style wheel in the same sizes and offsets as the ZL1/1LE wheels.
Don't wait up 'cause I'll be late, I'll be late
AG454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:20 PM   #7
SummoneR
Paul

Yup, it would be nice too if it did not cost an arm and a leg.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:34 PM   #8
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
Getting this started early so there is plenty of time for responses.

I was set on some wheels, but I decided $4,000 for wheels is just not in my budget.

I will eventually need to replace my tires, when I do I plan to replace the wheels at the same time.

I am looking for a chrome wheels in ZL1 sizes and offsets (not necessarily the ZL1 design/look), or something very very close. This is none negotiable. I love the Chrome on Aqua Blue, and I love the look and fit of the ZL1 size and offset. I only know of one wheel that meets these specs. the Factory Reproductions ZL41 wheels. But I am not completely sold on them. Please help me if you know of any wheels in the $1,200-$2,000 ish range I'd appreciate the help!

SummoneR, after reading the thread, what you really are looking for are the SIZE's and OFFSET's of the OEM ZL1 wheels. I have seen this question posted numerous times, with no true answer. What I would suggest you do is to send a PM to all of the mods that are responsible for this section, and ask them to get the information AND add it to the WIKI page, as all the other wheel stats are there, why not the ZL1's?

As for the size and offsets of the aftermarket wheels....well it may be easy enough to get the sizes, but every single repo wheel I have seen fir any of the others, the offsets are NOT the same as the OEM. Thus, this is why I pose this to you as a suggestion to get the information you need/want.

I am guessing that you do not know anyone that has a ZL1, for if you do, or can find one, or if you know someone at a dealer real well, take off one rear and one front. I believe the size and offset are on the back side of the wheel.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:40 AM   #9
revived
Vrrrm.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
i believe zl1.1le offsets are something like +23 up front and +43 in the rear exactly if not very very close on the 10"/11" setup

revived is offline   Reply With Quote