Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-15-2010, 01:50 AM   #1
lurk
My Class President

Drives: gto
My Dealer experience

First of all I would like to thank all of you members on here that contribute so much great info....Ill get to the story.
It took me forever but i finally figured out the exact combo i want which is:
2ss/rs, cgm, orange leather, orange stipes, polished wheels ,auto, NO SUNROOF, semi-rare combo, but its exactly what i want.

A few days ago i made a deal to trade my 2005 gto in on a new camaro. You know the story of haggling them down for every last penny for 3 hours which is half the fun of buying a new car, and while doing so stressed every option i want and must have said it at least 10 times to both salesman and manager. They said no prob we already found one it will be here today........

Fast-forward.....I am an excited little kid headed to the candy store (not only about getting a new camaro but getting out of that sentra). There were 2 cgm cars there 1 v6, I turned around i knew that wasn't it, walked around to the other side of the dealership and there she sat,
cgm, silver strips, black leather, midnight silver wheels.

I turned to the manager and said, ugh where is my car to which he said thats it sitting right there. I said ugh no sir you are mistaken, I said like 10 times yesterday the exact combo i wanted and all you got right was the outside color and tranny. When i asked where is the orange leather he said who the hell wants orange leather and stripes, thats ugly to which i simply said me. After that he said i never told him anything i just said no sunroof...Whatever

By this time my blood was boiling, I was livid.

Instead of losing my cool, i flopped the ole trusty iphone out and scrolled down the owner of the dealer's name saved in my phone book and told him the story. He fixed the a-hole managers attitude in a matter of minutes...
The manager gritting his teeth just handed me an option sheet and told me pick what i want and they will order it from the factory.

I guess my question is this:
Am I an a-hole for knowing what i want and not settling for less?
After all I am the one that has to look at it everyday and pay for it.
Or should I have taken the car they wanted me to have?

I know I know i am not an english major
lurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 02:04 AM   #2
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Drives: Camaro SS/RS
well i'd say you were kinda stupid for believing that they'd actually find this car locally for you. cgm with the inferno orange package and stripes - yowza - plus polished rims instead of the midnight silver rims that come with the rs.

i'd say the dealer was an a-hole for delivering a car that was not even the 2ss/rs that you requested. and id say that the dealer was an idiot for not taking a deposit and ordering the very car that you wanted.
KeepItGreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 04:16 AM   #3
pincoin
Camaro owner since 1982

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS-RS Conv IBM L99
You did the right thing, dont settle for less than you want. Just go somewhere else if they wont help. You are paying for it.
pincoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 01:34 PM   #4
lurk
My Class President

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepItGreasey View Post
well i'd say you were kinda stupid for believing that they'd actually find this car locally for you. cgm with the inferno orange package and stripes - yowza - plus polished rims instead of the midnight silver rims that come with the rs.

i'd say the dealer was an a-hole for delivering a car that was not even the 2ss/rs that you requested. and id say that the dealer was an idiot for not taking a deposit and ordering the very car that you wanted.
I cant argue that. I told those guys it was pretty rare to have all those options together on 1 car, and i should have known they were full of shit.

They did get a 2ss/rs it just had black leather and sliver stripes, which i do not want, I wasn't too mad about the wheels not a problem at all i just prefer the polished.

On the deposit deal. Meh I do know the owner of the dealership personally, but he owns 6 dealerships and i hate to bother him as he is a very busy man. No need for deposit he knows we always buy from him its just a matter having him tune his workers up a little bit
Old 08-15-2010, 01:37 PM   #5
lurk
My Class President

Quote:
Originally Posted by pincoin View Post
You did the right thing, dont settle for less than you want. Just go somewhere else if they wont help. You are paying for it.
No worries they are putting the order in monday
Old 08-15-2010, 01:57 PM   #6
SchwarzerDrache
No, it is not an SS

Drives: SIM 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepItGreasey View Post
well i'd say you were kinda stupid for believing that they'd actually find this car locally for you.
Really?

To the OP...NO you are not crazy for asking for the car you want. I ordered mine too because their are (last time i checked) only 4 with the color/interior combo I wanted not to mention the stripes. Don't settle for anything other than what you want.
SchwarzerDrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 02:19 PM   #7
lurk
My Class President

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchwarzerDrache View Post
Really?

To the OP...NO you are not crazy for asking for the car you want. I ordered mine too because their are (last time i checked) only 4 with the color/interior combo I wanted not to mention the stripes. Don't settle for anything other than what you want.

Not to mention the amount of time i spent on this site as a non-member searching for the exact color combo i wanted.....and them page 25 on the official cgm color thread and there she was my mind was set and that was all i wanted from then on.

I have already done this before with my gto because it was my first car to buy and i let the salesperson bullsh*t me into taking a cyclone gray car when i wanted blue with blue leather.... NO regrets on that looking back but there was no way i was going to settle for anything less this go around
Old 08-15-2010, 06:59 PM   #8
paytnom

Drives: 2012 KIA Forte; 2011 2SS/RS - SGM
Agree Don't settle for anything but the Exactly how you want it!! Otherwise EVERYTIME you go to get into it you'll think this is not what I wanted.
paytnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:34 PM   #9
CaniacFan

Drives: '10 SS CGM #75,288, '14 Stingray
Good for you. Absolutely get the car you want down to the last option. You will never be happy otherwise. They thought they could pull a fast one on you and you'd take what they found - ya, right.

Your CGM beauty will be worth the wait, trust us. BTW, welcome to the CGM Club as well as to the C5 Family. We're glad to have you aboard. Lori

PS: You know you're required to post us pics when she arrives. Can't wait to see her..
CaniacFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:41 PM   #10
RipperFox
Grrr!!!

Drives: BLK/IOM '11 2SS/RS
sounds about like my experience with a dealer for the last month.
3. See rule #1
RipperFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:54 PM   #11
lurk
My Class President

Quote:
Originally Posted by paytnom View Post
Agree Don't settle for anything but the Exactly how you want it!! Otherwise EVERYTIME you go to get into it you'll think this is not what I wanted.
I do this every time i sit in my goat to this day and every day for the last 5 years. Since then i have learned to be patient and get what you want the first time. Before i got the ac fixed in the goat i said every time i got in it I hate black leather i hate black leather, i hate black leather.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:00 PM   #12
lurk
My Class President

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaniacFan View Post
Good for you. Absolutely get the car you want down to the last option. You will never be happy otherwise. They thought they could pull a fast one on you and you'd take what they found - ya, right.

Your CGM beauty will be worth the wait, trust us. BTW, welcome to the CGM Club as well as to the C5 Family. We're glad to have you aboard. Lori

PS: You know you're required to post us pics when she arrives. Can't wait to see her..
Oh yeah, or so they thought...haha the sales manager had the audacity to get testy with me when i didnt take the car i didnt want is what I'm still amazed about. Plane and simple he screwed up and now they have to sit on it( as if it will take any time to sell it anyway).

Thank you and I will post pics. the ole sis in law has a couple nikons that beat my iphone to pieces as far as pic quality
Old 08-15-2010, 10:16 PM   #13
RX SS RACERX

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS RJT
You're footin' the bill-I can't imagine the "manager' even questioning what YOU prefer! You have more patience/loyalty to the dealer than I would. That's a major problem with alot of the dealerships-no matter the flavor-POOR customer service. Enjoy your new ride when the one YOU want arrives!
RX SS RACERX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:20 PM   #14
lurk
My Class President

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipperFox View Post
sounds about like my experience with a dealer for the last month.
Yes sir but resolution can be had when you contribute directly or indirectly for moving 4-5 units a year for them. Though it doesn't sound like much the owner of the dealer surely appreciates it, and when i called him he was not a happy camper with his staff.

The sales manager said this "I hope you know I'm going to get me a new asshole torn out Monday."

I just said sorry man but it would be different if i didn't tell everyone here numerous times what i want including you..

I would really like to be a fly on the wall monday to hear what happens in their sales meeting