Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 04-22-2014, 09:41 PM   #1
MikeLA2011ss

Drives: 2011 TT 416ci Camaro
Lots of knock retard, need help

So since I put the twin turbo/ forged block for 4,000 miles+ I've had 0 issues, car runs/ pulls like a champ.. The other day on the way to work I stomped on it and it was seriously struggling ( jittery ) once I hit full boost.. I felt rumbling coming from the tranny area... I tried to hit it again and it did it again. Loud vibration and the car was backing off.. It was run on a dyno to figure out what was going on and I got knock retard. Today the spark plugs, wires were changed, checked all connections, scoped the pistons, did a compression test, everything looked great.. Ran it for over 2 hours trying to figure out/ fix the prob.. It had 8-10 degrees knock retard.. Lately I've been having a whine from the transmission which has gotten progressively worse ( new one on the way) could something broken in my tranny be causing a vibration violent enough to cause 8-10 degrees of knock?? Btw.. Meth is spraying fine, 850cc injectors, dual fuel pumps.. I need any advice I can get. Thanks y'all.
MikeLA2011ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:15 AM   #2
AGP Turbo

Drives: All things Turbocharged
Something rattling when the engine torques over maybe? Knock sensor is picking up this noise and pulling all your timing.
AGP Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:48 AM   #3
MikeLA2011ss

Drives: 2011 TT 416ci Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGP Turbo View Post
Something rattling when the engine torques over maybe? Knock sensor is picking up this noise and pulling all your timing.
Everything seems to be secure, I'm swapping my tranny and possibly driveshaft out for a tick built tr6060 and dss carbon driveshaft. Hopefully that's the issue. If not then I'm absolutely lost
MikeLA2011ss is offline   Reply With Quote