Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 04:13 PM   #253
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
Completely disgusting. Find a good lawyer. Get what you're owed.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:28 PM   #254
Chalk_2

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
Done!
Old 12-23-2013, 11:35 PM   #255
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
I have a friend that this same thing happened to. Someone stole it from the dealership. The dealership made it right and even gave him a ton of custom free parts.

I'm a paralegal and I'm telling you that you have a solid case.

Contact a lawyer and GM IMMEDIATELY.

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
Old 12-23-2013, 11:56 PM   #256
Hellfighter

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1
Here is what they posted on the google review.

F.S. C.
in the last week
THE FOLLOWING REVIEWS HAVE BEEN WRITTEN BY PEOPLE WHO HAVE RECEIVED FALSE INFORMATION AND HAVE NO CONNECTION TO OUR BUSINESS: Scott Applegate, Bob John, Hunter Hall, Mark IM, Allememl, Jason Churchill, Russ Fox, Yong Sin, Charles Trauscht, AnAngryPillock, Jacob Pfaff, Monica Acken, Fearxlink, Frank Roche, Lumbre1969, Derke Kraese.

https://www.google.com/search?q=1st+...=UTF-8#lrd=lrd

Kinda made me giggle.
Old 12-24-2013, 01:35 AM   #257
eymang

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS & 1991 Vert
I would like to see a copy of the police report posted here.
Old 12-24-2013, 01:49 AM   #258
62nalide

Drives: 2013 SS
Car is in their property and they are responsable until the customer picks up the car and close the RO. They are at fault.
Old 12-24-2013, 06:33 AM   #259
L36L72LS3
Jersey Jeff

Drives: 1969 Camaro L89/T400 ~ 2015 ZL1
I've heard from a few on this forum and two others that they are going to surprise the dealer with a few dozen Camaros after the holidays with signs and banners to bring attention to the dealers screw up.
Old 12-24-2013, 07:08 AM   #260
cdjnight

Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6
the dealer put their Facebook page back up! lol...I left them a nice fb review
Old 12-24-2013, 08:32 AM   #261
Jrd1317

Drives: 2014 Camaro
Here are the facts of this unfortunate event from a source close to the situation. On Sunday December 15th an employee of the dealership entered the locked building on a day when the dealer was closed. He took it upon himself to get the keys to the Camaro ZL1 with absolutely no authorization to be in the building on a non-working day. He takes the car out and subsequently wrecks the car which ends up being deemed a total loss later in the week. The State Police are on site and write their citations etc. not some municipality. Dealer notifies customer of the accident Monday morning the 16th. Insurance companies are immediately involved as is standard practice in any accident. Both the dealer and customer meet with State Police on Wed night the 18th to discuss situation and charges which could be filed. Police tell parties that most the employee could be charged with was unauthorized use but that probably would not stick and later a judge confirms this. The insurance companies involved must hash it out before any settlement can possibly be reached. Meanwhile the OP has done everything in their power to drag the dealer through the mud during this whole time. Newspapers have been called, this thread posted with some untruths and persons attacking the dealer in reviews and media with no real knowledge of the event. In fact the op has been in a dealer car when the Camaro was dropped off for paint concern and remains in the dealer car today free of charge. It is concerning that individuals would attack the dealer with no firsthand knowledge of what has happened. The only one who posted here and bothered to research the facts gen=5 has a good handle on what is happening. The insurance companies need to do their thing before anything else happens, plain and simple. How we deal with adversity defines us.
Old 12-24-2013, 08:40 AM   #262
cdjnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrd1317 View Post
Here are the facts of this unfortunate event from a source close to the situation. On Sunday December 15th an employee of the dealership entered the locked building on a day when the dealer was closed. He took it upon himself to get the keys to the Camaro ZL1 with absolutely no authorization to be in the building on a non-working day. He takes the car out and subsequently wrecks the car which ends up being deemed a total loss later in the week. The State Police are on site and write their citations etc. not some municipality. Dealer notifies customer of the accident Monday morning the 16th. Insurance companies are immediately involved as is standard practice in any accident. Both the dealer and customer meet with State Police on Wed night the 18th to discuss situation and charges which could be filed. Police tell parties that most the employee could be charged with was unauthorized use but that probably would not stick and later a judge confirms this. The insurance companies involved must hash it out before any settlement can possibly be reached. Meanwhile the OP has done everything in their power to drag the dealer through the mud during this whole time. Newspapers have been called, this thread posted with some untruths and persons attacking the dealer in reviews and media with no real knowledge of the event. In fact the op has been in a dealer car when the Camaro was dropped off for paint concern and remains in the dealer car today free of charge. It is concerning that individuals would attack the dealer with no firsthand knowledge of what has happened. The only one who posted here and bothered to research the facts gen=5 has a good handle on what is happening. The insurance companies need to do their thing before anything else happens, plain and simple. How we deal with adversity defines us.
Old 12-24-2013, 08:41 AM   #263
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, CGM w/ Silver Stripes.
Simple solution:
1. The dealer rushes an identical NEW ZL1 order in the customers name.
2. Dealer provides customer with new ZL1.
3. Customer signs an agreement that any insurance settlement $$ be reimbursed to the dealer.

Dealer loses $20K max on the deal, while all of the haters and lost sales go away because they did the right thing when their employee, authorized or not, stole and wrecked a customers car. I don't care if untruths or half truths were told by the Customer. The dealer could have handled this better. And the dealer shouldn't have waited until Monday. They should have contacted the customer as soon as they knew what happened. Not lawyered up over the weekend with their retained attorney and waited until the next business day. That is some SHADY SHIT.

It WAS the dealers employee. The dealer didn't secure the keys or the car properly on a non-work day. It's the dealers liability. The dealer can go after the employee, and maybe get some of that loss back, but if they make it right, they'll have made a customer happy, and (maybe more importantly) an entire internet community.

Momma didn't bronze my shoes, but when I turned 16 I inherited a lead foot.
Old 12-24-2013, 08:45 AM   #264
BHamm

Drives: Sierra 2500HD Denali, 14 Camaro ZL1
First post! Welcome....
Old 12-24-2013, 08:47 AM   #265
Padre
Only drives on Sundays

Drives: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC NGray
Well, I think it's safe to say now that the dealer is following this thread.

Padre

OLD HOTNESS: The "Heretic": '11 2SS/RS L99 A6 Black/Inferno. Build Journal, Videos
D1SC GT9 JBA-LT = 720/680 | 10.330 @ 133.61, 1.546 sixty... Camaro King at ECS V, Darlington.
NEW HOTNESS: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC. Bone Stock, 1/8th: 8.051 @ 89.44, 1.919
Old 12-24-2013, 08:50 AM   #266
cdjnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre View Post
Well, I think it's safe to say now that the dealer is following this thread.

Padre
Hopefully they read every last word of it too!

Closed Thread

Tags
1st state chevrolet, stealership, stolen, totaled, wrecked, zl1