Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-08-2020, 12:56 PM   #15
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbatt View Post
Hi all! I just bought a 2019 1LE, 426 miles, shipped enclosed from Ohio to CA. I asked shipper and dealer to take pics before. They did not.

Once the car arrived, a few hours later I noticed a 3" scratch through the matte vinyl on the lip of the hood facing the windshield.

Some deductive reasoning looks like the windshield wiper was up, off glass, when someone opened the hood. Dealer said they would detail the car before it was shipped.

Now both parties are denying anything and not returning calls. I've been very respectful. I just feel ignored and a bit used.

Or am I being petty? Should I just take a black marker to it? Or fight this and see if this is insurance/warranty issue?

What would you do?

I would just fix it myself then go on Yelp and give the culprits terrible reviews. Ablack marker will fix it. know one will no its there and after a while you will forget it was even damaged.

Last edited by MackSteelPrivateEye; 05-08-2020 at 02:09 PM. Reason: h
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 01:56 PM   #16
DC5

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
I would either remove the hood wrap or have it redone. Regardless, I would also recommend having X-Pel Ultimate installed from the a-pillar forward in addition to the mirror caps and rocker panels.
DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 03:01 PM   #17
TP2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
OP, you don't mention whether you looked at the car in person before buying it. It's a used car (?). That damage could have been there when you bought it, but if you didn't inspect it personally, how would you know? Sorry, probably not what you want to hear!
Magnetic Ride Control
Dual Mode Exhaust
2019+ version Split Spoke Silver Wheels
Navigation
Silver Rally Stripes
TP2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 04:59 PM   #18
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Yes TP2SS, I was wondering the same thing too.
Old 05-08-2020, 07:33 PM   #19
STYLO LT1

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS Vert.
Black sharpie or black touch up and be done with. Bad review to seller and shipper for sure.
STYLO LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 06:34 AM   #20
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
I have a hard time believing that the shipper did that. More likely that it was like that before they picked it up.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 07:33 PM   #21
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
Just realize if you use the sharpie advice you could end up staining the paint underneath. So if you ever decided to remove the wrap it will be the reverse problem.
Old 05-09-2020, 08:31 PM   #22
JGiovando

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE HBM
OP, sorry to hear this. I could see missing this at purchase as I've found it hard to catch every imperfection and there are almost always some. That said I would request the dealer correct the problem and expect them to do so at no charge.
I recently had my headliner replaced under warranty and in the process they scratched the matte hood wrap. Looked like a belt buckle or tool was dragged across it from nose to windshield on one side. I picked up the car after dark and noticed that and a scratch in the dash the next day. I notified the dealer and they worked with me to get it all repaired....new hood wrap and new dash....no charge.
I hope you get it sorted and taken care of quickly.
JGiovando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 09:10 PM   #23
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGiovando View Post
OP, sorry to hear this. I could see missing this at purchase as I've found it hard to catch every imperfection and there are almost always some. That said I would request the dealer correct the problem and expect them to do so at no charge.
I recently had my headliner replaced under warranty and in the process they scratched the matte hood wrap. Looked like a belt buckle or tool was dragged across it from nose to windshield on one side. I picked up the car after dark and noticed that and a scratch in the dash the next day. I notified the dealer and they worked with me to get it all repaired....new hood wrap and new dash....no charge.
I hope you get it sorted and taken care of quickly.
New dash!?! That sounds like a huge project and very expensive!

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
matte, scratch, shipping, shipping damage