Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 02-01-2021, 11:51 AM   #15
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
WTF people that don't research something before posting about it!

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 07:33 PM   #16
JGiovando

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE HBM
Come on guys, no need to jump all over the OP and pile on like this. Isn't this what a forum is for, to ask questions, share information, help each other out. So what he didn't know about the crimped exhaust. Why even post if only to be rude. It surely didn't make you feel better about yourself and helped no one. Resist the urge to do it again
JGiovando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 07:58 AM   #17
NA18CamaroSS

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE 6M
So I read all of the info that I could find on this topic. The only empirical evidence that I have seen is the Mishimoto test. Most of the discussion out there is that "the science is settled, it makes no difference in horsepower or torque" . Fluid dynamics this and GM engineers that. I remain unconvinced. Holly claims 12 HP with their crimp delete kit, which must be taken with a grain of salt, since they are selling a product. It appears that the crimp exists because of some brace on the convertible, and GM chose to incorporate it into all Camaros as a cost saving measure.
Either way, I'm glad that my American Racing exhaust eliminates the crimp.
Attached Images

Old 02-02-2021, 08:52 AM   #18
NeverDie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGiovando View Post
Come on guys, no need to jump all over the OP and pile on like this. Isn't this what a forum is for, to ask questions, share information, help each other out. So what he didn't know about the crimped exhaust. Why even post if only to be rude. It surely didn't make you feel better about yourself and helped no one. Resist the urge to do it again
And what is it that you think you're doing? Because it sure looks like you're taking the opportunity to "jump all over" the people who responded to the OP. Some interesting irony, isn't it?

The issue was with the response, demanding others show the research that he wouldn't search for etc. Your reply here is just hilariously ironic and self-absorbed as a result of not understanding the situation. Put yourself in more shoes than his and you'll gain perspective. Thanks!
NeverDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 09:32 AM   #19
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
Even if you got 12hp from a delete of the crimp you'd need a dyno run to see that because you'd never know it, you'd never know it from the seat, its so inconsequential.
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 07:33 PM   #20
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by NA18CamaroSS View Post
So I read all of the info that I could find on this topic. The only empirical evidence that I have seen is the Mishimoto test. Most of the discussion out there is that "the science is settled, it makes no difference in horsepower or torque" . Fluid dynamics this and GM engineers that. I remain unconvinced.
It's an esthetic problem only. Engine Masters did a lengthy header "deformation" test in which they kept bashing in the pipe more and more to see if there is a difference in hp output, and there wasn't, at least not beyond the margin of error.

Sometimes technical intuition fails us. Then again, I understand why you dislike the way the crimped section looks and am glad to see that your exhaust kit eliminated it.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 10:22 PM   #21
JGiovando

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverDie View Post
And what is it that you think you're doing? Because it sure looks like you're taking the opportunity to "jump all over" the people who responded to the OP. Some interesting irony, isn't it?

The issue was with the response, demanding others show the research that he wouldn't search for etc. Your reply here is just hilariously ironic and self-absorbed as a result of not understanding the situation. Put yourself in more shoes than his and you'll gain perspective. Thanks!

Oh neverdie......you're incorrect in every way.

I didn't jump on anyone. He didn't demand anything from you or anyone else, it was just a question. You berated a guy for asking a question on a forum. A guy that reached out to other guys and gals with camaros for support. I only suggested you not be rude to someone for asking a question. And if you can't be helpful then read the post and move on. No need to belittle someone.

That said, I can tell from your comment you think you're quite intellectual and of course I'm as you stated self absorbed and dumb. Back to badgering, belittling, and bullying which is a recurrent theme in your posts. But know that your response is isolated and lonely buddy. Imagine with this behavior life is too. Good luck brah
Old 02-04-2021, 10:26 PM   #22
JGiovando

NA18CamaroSS....glad you got some help and found your answers. Hope you enjoy the new exhaust.
Old 02-04-2021, 10:52 PM   #23
JGiovando

Hey neverdie,

One more thing. Feel free to enlighten me on how walking in other's shoes, in this situation, yours for example, would help me gain perspective. Hoping you can return the favor of comedic relief as I seemingly did for you.
Old 02-05-2021, 08:58 AM   #24
NeverDie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Maybe it will be helpful for you to know that after your novella and follow-up response, in which you lack the fortitude to reach out to me directly but seemingly have no issues posting my name (and I'm LOVING the hugely hypocritical irony of whining about berating others, then commenting on how I'm like... lonely or whatever? lmao, rich.. that's what I called you out for initially so thanks for reinforcing it), this simple dismissal is all that I feel you are worth.

G'day, brah!

NeverDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 09:40 AM   #25
SirJangle

Drives: 2021 Acura RDX SH-AWD Advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt88 View Post
Tested to death from multiple sources, no difference in power https://www.mishimoto.com/engineerin...he-crimp-myth/
Good read. Thanks!
SirJangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 10:48 AM   #26
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Makes you wonder about spending all that ca$h on mandrel-bent piping... I've assembled a few custom exhausts from mandrel bends, seems like I should have just had the local muffler shop crush-bend it for much less $ and effort.
Old 02-05-2021, 11:20 AM   #27
MatthewAMEL

Drives: 2023 CT5 Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
It's an esthetic problem only. Engine Masters did a lengthy header "deformation" test in which they kept bashing in the pipe more and more to see if there is a difference in hp output, and there wasn't, at least not beyond the margin of error.

Sometimes technical intuition fails us. Then again, I understand why you dislike the way the crimped section looks and am glad to see that your exhaust kit eliminated it.

One of my favorite shows.

EM, HRG, RK, RKG, are some of the best stuff around.

I wish they would do more testing/use of fuel injection stuff, but I understand why they stick to 'old school'.

2023 Wave Metallic
CT5-V Blackwing M6
MatthewAMEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 07:45 PM   #28
3.8TransAM

Drives: SS 1LE, 89 TTA, 91 GTA, 91 Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
Makes you wonder about spending all that ca$h on mandrel-bent piping... I've assembled a few custom exhausts from mandrel bends, seems like I should have just had the local muffler shop crush-bend it for much less $ and effort.

Run mandrel up front and go to crush bent in back.

The farther the restriction is from the engine the less of a restriction it actually is.

Quite a few cars have issues in the rear like this over the years, and most had no real gains when removing the suposed restriction.
3.8TransAM is offline   Reply With Quote