Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 01-15-2017, 08:55 AM   #43
Sierraunit

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Sierraunit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 02:54 PM   #44
owhite3003
Z-BEAST

Drives: 2013 JDP ZL-850 Track Spec ZL1,
Quote:
Originally Posted by i2disturbedSS View Post
Good taste nice touch on those Camaros.

It is dead here more then half of the time, well most of the time. Im looking at doing a track day for the first time along with my buddies BMWs hopefully. The Ridge I believe(newest track?).
You can also try Oregon Raceway Park. It is a bit more of a drivers track than the Ridge from what I have been told.
owhite3003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 03:07 PM   #45
klswanky

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoonie View Post
I check here every week or so but never see any new posts. Id love to find some local gearheads to burn rubber/fuel with. I am just getting back together after an engine bay rewire, should be road ready by the time we thaw out. I am not too far from you Owhite, I live in Mac, work in Newberg.
Where is everyone located. I live in Creswell and work in Eugene. Love my RS and up for any meets or what ever.

Punisher Themed ; Magnaflow Resonated x-pipe / Muffler Delete ; Spectre Air Intake ; Red LED interior ; Smoked Tail Lights ; Silver bow-Ties ; DRL Harness
klswanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 07:57 PM   #46
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by klswanky View Post
Where is everyone located...
I'm in Portland/Gresham.
PDXSSCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 10:24 PM   #47
Soowavyy

Drives: Camaro SS
NE Portland
Soowavyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 10:58 PM   #48
stearns.mw

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Gresham/ SE Portland

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stearns.mw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 11:42 PM   #49
owhite3003
Z-BEAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by klswanky View Post
Where is everyone located. I live in Creswell and work in Eugene. Love my RS and up for any meets or what ever.
Oregon City here. When I head to the next cars and coffee, I will post it. About a 2 or so hour drive in your Camaro.
Old 01-25-2017, 04:57 PM   #50
Skoonie

Drives: 2010 SS M6
McMinnville/Newberg
Skoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 04:40 PM   #51
azrickster

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM 6M #38916
I have a 2010 2SS/RS 6M. I love to drive it, but mine sits in the garage a lot this time of year. We only take it out when absolutely necessary (rarely sees rain). We absolutely love the Pacific Northwest, but I agree, there doesn't seem to be a big Camaro presence here. We moved here from the Phoenix area in March 2013. We belonged to a huge club and did lots of cruises (Las Vegas, Laughlin, Lake Havasu, Tuscon, etc). It's fun to be rolling with several Camaro's. We took delivery of ours September 2009 and at the time Camaro's got a lot of attention. Our club took advantage of the Camaro's novelty and attention to do many fund raisers. There were many tech days to install lots of "stuff".
I check this site from time to time and there doesn't seem to be a lot happening in Portland. Some interesting stuff I would like to have done but timing got in the way of other stuff. I did reach out to the Columbia River Camaro Club a couple times when I saw meets but never got a response when I asked for info on their website.
I did some Autocross with a group of Corvette guys (NWACC) in 2014, but went by the wayside in favor of an older home we purchased that needed work. Renovations are complete and we're interested in getting together with other Camaro enthusiasts.
I have a four post lift in my garage, but not a lot of tools. Just the basics. Would be willing to host a tech day.
Thanks for opening the door. Keep me posted.
Rick
azrickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 06:37 PM   #52
Jayhawk500

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrickster View Post
I have a 2010 2SS/RS 6M. I love to drive it, but mine sits in the garage a lot this time of year. We only take it out when absolutely necessary (rarely sees rain). We absolutely love the Pacific Northwest, but I agree, there doesn't seem to be a big Camaro presence here. We moved here from the Phoenix area in March 2013. We belonged to a huge club and did lots of cruises (Las Vegas, Laughlin, Lake Havasu, Tuscon, etc). It's fun to be rolling with several Camaro's. We took delivery of ours September 2009 and at the time Camaro's got a lot of attention. Our club took advantage of the Camaro's novelty and attention to do many fund raisers. There were many tech days to install lots of "stuff".
I check this site from time to time and there doesn't seem to be a lot happening in Portland. Some interesting stuff I would like to have done but timing got in the way of other stuff. I did reach out to the Columbia River Camaro Club a couple times when I saw meets but never got a response when I asked for info on their website.
I did some Autocross with a group of Corvette guys (NWACC) in 2014, but went by the wayside in favor of an older home we purchased that needed work. Renovations are complete and we're interested in getting together with other Camaro enthusiasts.
I have a four post lift in my garage, but not a lot of tools. Just the basics. Would be willing to host a tech day.
Rick
There's a very large amount of Camaros in the PacNorWest. Like you the majority of the owners, (me included) refuse to take our cars out when the sun isn't shining. Mine is an official garage king. Every March 29th is Bumblebee Day, Just like ground hog day. If it's cloudy 6 more weeks of winter. I had to park 'Bee outside one day a couple of years ago and he got snowed on. I could have sworn he was shivering when I pulled him back in the garage.
The Pacific Northwest section basically shuts down for the winter cause people loose interest until the warmer weather starts in. Then it comes alive.

2010 2SS/RS, Six speed, Rally Yellow w/ Black Painted Stripes, Boston Acoustic Stereo, Polished 20" wheels, Solo Mach X Catback Exhaust, Solo HF Cats, Halltech CAI, Full Dash & Door ABL, ABL Lit Homelink Buttons, HUD Installed, Ride Tunes, Full Electric Passenger Seat, Fbodfather signed, VIN # 4492, PAID OFF!!!
2010 Yellow 2SS/RS with black painted Stripes...$37,000.00; Ride Tones sound system and remote...$ 40.00; Seeing the kids faces (Young and Old) light up and almost wet their pants....Priceless!!!
Jayhawk500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 08:39 PM   #53
Fancy

Drives: 2014 1LE
There are a few of us that drive year round, seen a couple other daily drivers down in my area.

But the last month has been rough for sure lol
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 01:51 AM   #54
Blazer098

Drives: 2015 Summit White SS
I see tons of v6's out during the winter but not too many other SS or Z cars.
Old 01-27-2017, 12:43 PM   #55
owhite3003
Z-BEAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrickster View Post
Rick
Wish I would have seen this post about 3 weeks ago when I installed my MGW shifter.lol
Old 02-03-2017, 04:10 PM   #56
owhite3003
Z-BEAST

So glad I took the beast out for a spin last weekend.